Resident Evil: Village (RE8)

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I pretty much feel the same. Im not hating on the game overall, but the formula they have used for the past 20 plus years is tired now. For instance, they could start to incorporate the characters into the gameplay more, for instance, instead of focusing on searching for keys and solving mundane puzzles, they could instead have the player have to make choices that effect other characters for better or worse, similar to Mass Effect choices, but not as deep and without rpg elements. Maybe expand crafting, and make boss encounters more interesting and you have a new formula that I imagine would work great.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My Heisenberg cosplay

CBDEF271-A8BC-4825-A294-145F59C62795.jpeg

96DA2F05-955D-4BF0-B38D-108DD5326B63.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was the consensus that this game was decent? Skipped it when it first came out but the Gold edition with all the DLC and 3rd person mode to play in looks tempting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Was the consensus that this game was decent? Skipped it when it first came out but the Gold edition with all the DLC and 3rd person mode to play in looks tempting.

Never did any of the DLC but the base game was pretty great

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's really great but ya I haven't played any of the DLC yet.

It more closely resembles RE4 then what RE7 did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's no DLC yet. RE8 Gold and the Shadows of Rose DLC both come out on 10/28.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This shit was on sale for 20$ finally.

Pretty happy with it for 20$, not sure how I'd feel for a full 60$. It's well made but pretty short, and it's super linear with a bunch of re-treading of the same central area as it unlocks new macguffins to pick up loot here or there.

The gun system seems weird this time around, where you pretty quickly just dumpster the first pistol/shotgun, unless I'm missing something? Even with their mods they are just mega worse than the1911/tac shotgun

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
just finished this one including the dlc "Shadow of Rose" . I had a good time and would recommend to anyone who is into those kind of games. I played first 7 (gold edition) and 8 (gold edition) now to have the full story. Would love to see a RE9 to continue the story. I played on the XBOX X :)

Most scariest part was for me within the Shadow of Rose with the Puppets that move when you look away