Retro Gaming Thread

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Saw some of these at EB Games just last week. They are super expensive. Was like 50$. Ridiculous!

That is all you need. It is the best SNES feeling you can get for less than $50. At $13 it is a steal. I have 2 for my RetroPie.

EDIT: I don't know why the fuck it won't just put the Amazon link instead of converting it to a media link, but just search "iBuffalo SNES" on Amazon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I put together a Raspberry Pi emulator box for my niece back in March.

If the fucking licesning on the emulators didn't prevent them from being distributed on a product sold for cash, I'd totally just build MAME (read: emulator) cabinets and sell 'em for 700 bucks+shipping. That was a simple ass fucking endeavor. Like, an hour and I was done.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider

That is all you need. It is the best SNES feeling you can get for less than $50. At $13 it is a steal. I have 2 for my RetroPie.

EDIT: I don't know why the fuck it won't just put the Amazon link instead of converting it to a media link, but just search "iBuffalo SNES" on Amazon.
Seems like a great deal. I'll check it out! Thanks.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I put together a Raspberry Pi emulator box for my niece back in March.

If the fucking licesning on the emulators didn't prevent them from being distributed on a product sold for cash, I'd totally just build MAME (read: emulator) cabinets and sell 'em for 700 bucks+shipping. That was a simple ass fucking endeavor. Like, an hour and I was done.

Agreed. Setting up the rpi was so easy. If you have even a basic understanding of Linux it is nearly impossible to fuck up.

Nasonex

Molten Core Raider
over 2000 amiga games playable in browser =)

edit down atm I see, link removed

Last edited:

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I think Goldeneye for the n64 was the best game I ever played for bunch of people sitting on the couch trash talking and yelling and having fun playing a game. We did prizes for highest "Others %" shots.

• 1Like

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think Goldeneye for the n64 was the best game I ever played for bunch of people sitting on the couch trash talking and yelling and having fun playing a game. We did prizes for highest "Others %" shots.

That was Super Tecmo Bowl For me. We would have 4-5 guys pick a team and play a whole season in a day.

Fucking bills, fucking Bo Jackson.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Speaking of Bomberman, I think I actually gave up on trying to finish Bomberman 64 and I forget why.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Speaking of Bomberman, I think I actually gave up on trying to finish Bomberman 64 and I forget why.
I actually really liked Bomberman 64. I beat it, but it was so long ago I barely remember it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I liked it but I got stuck somewhere. Also, there was some code you could put in at light speed but given a few hundred attempts I was never successful and surrendered. I think that's the only time I've ever given up on hard inputs and I did every single 10 hit+ combo in the Tekken games I played and the Street Fighter 4 combo challenges for the chars I played.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Have you ever played the Flintstones game? The first (I think) one with the basketball. That was a pretty damn fun game along the same lines of many of these. I definitely remember that Bugs Bunny game. Rented that more than a couple times as a kid. Really enjoyed that one. Little Nemo and Rescue Rangers were a big part of my NES childhood. Many fond memories. :)

My parents brought me to Walmart to buy a game and for whatever reason I decided I wanted the Flintstones game. The guy at the counter kept reiterating how difficult it was and I should probably choose something else being that I was so young and dumb. My stubborn ass got it anyway and to do this day still remember how much I struggled with it. Pretty sure I ended up returning it.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah neither my brother or I ever really made it off that first map of stages but we still played the hell out of it. Well until we got a Game Genie then we replayed every game we had to beat them with awesome cheats. lol

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For me and my buddies it was a lot of the SNES Street Fighter games, Mario Kart, and NBA Jam. Winner stays.

College was a lot of Mario kart and goldeneye, but I don't care for FPS so it never got me.

I remember getting a game genie then going to our local movie rental place and blowing through their entire library in a few weeks. The only game that stuck out to me was Home Alone SNES. Or was it Super Home Alone? It was awful, but the game genie made it tolerable.

Oh and Out of this World. That was the first real indie game I spent time on because I was too poor for a PC. I'm sure that game is pure frustration now, but I prided myself on how fast I could complete it. I think it had multiple endings based on choices and maybe not dying.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Home Alone on SNES was AWFUL

I liked the Genesis version, it was better (aka I actually liked it). Like how MK on Genesis > MK on SNES.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Home Alone on SNES was bad, but not unplayable. I did actually get through it back in the day, although I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to do it again. Never played the Genesis version.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Tanoomba and his goddamn pinball game made me install a GB emulator to play Kirby's Pinball.

Now sure how I got so bad at it.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Home Alone on SNES was bad, but not unplayable. I did actually get through it back in the day, although I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to do it again. Never played the Genesis version.

Jesus I forgot about this game. Not sure if we talking about the same one or not. One I'm talking about you basically tried to hide through the house and use traps to disable them. Basically had to last a certain amount of time to win. I was never able to beat it, but remember hiding in the christmas tree gave the best chance of not getting caught. It was complete rng whether they found you when they walked over you.