Rick and Morty

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I appreciate what they're trying to do with the Cable bits but I just don't think they do it that well. I prefer Robot Chicken's take on totally random mini-skits by a lot, and this is coming from someone who has re-watched all the R&M episodes like 4-5 times this year alone. It comes off as "trying too hard" in a show where the dialogue is normally very smooth and natural even in unreasonable situations. That's why I liked this episode a lot better, it was still random weird situations, but it was way less forced.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"true level" was fucking hilarious. I loved it the whole episode but that was just insane.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Morty and Rick screaming at Summer; calling her a bitch.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I found the bit with the light switches to be hilarious as fuck. Rick having a light switch in the garage that was connected to the life support system in a storage facility seemed fitting.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
I need to rewatch this season already. a friend said she saw 3 micro-versus devices powering different things, 2 in Rick's garage, 1 being the top of hte Moon Tower.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love that Roiland actually gets hammered while doing certain takes. A random person who didn't know anything about this show would probably be uninterested if they watched 20 seconds of sober rick. If drunk Rick was fucking rambling through some abuse ridden tirade, they would click the "would you like to know more?" button.

And the thing that truly makes this a great show, is Rick and Morty are starting to look like true equals. The narrative and overall theme of the show almost forces you to perceive Morty as Ricks lesser. But we are starting to see that might not be the case, as Rick hinted at himself on one occasion.

I love both Rick AND Morty so it doesn't really matter to me, but it will be interesting to see how Morty develops as well as Rick and his quest for purpose.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Re-watched Ep7 looking for anything I might have missed and noticed the speech that Evil Morty gave mirrors a lot of what's going on in the US right now.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah after the Atlantis episode, I was fine with a little light hearted side humor and IDC was sort of played out. This episode fit in with the nothing matters nihilistic asshole Rick theme nicely, thanks to Scenario 4. But Atlantis might be remembered as the zenith of the series. That's one of those cuts to the bone so well done episodes (think Trial of Baltar from BSG level episode) that defines the entire show. And the best part about is that the smarter you are and the more you analyze it, the more fucked up it is.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
parting shot by summer was fucking amazing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can associate some with Rick, I like the direction they've gone with Morty, but I think Summer might be one of my favorite characters now actually. They've done some really funny bits with her and she seems like the most... grounded? Like "oh well this is nine kinds of crazy fucked up but since it's happening anyway gonna go with it and then go back to normal for a day"

I'm not really describing it well but I really like the character more than I expected to at the start of the show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can associate some with Rick, I like the direction they've gone with Morty, but I think Summer might be one of my favorite characters now actually. They've done some really funny bits with her and she seems like the most... grounded? Like "oh well this is nine kinds of crazy fucked up but since it's happening anyway gonna go with it and then go back to normal for a day"

I'm not really describing it well but I really like the character more than I expected to at the start of the show.

It's because she got her shit together. All of her shit, together, and put it in a backpack. Or something.

She just got her shit together.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Where can you watch the new season? It's not up on Hulu it seems unless I'm missing it.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You need to log in with a cable subscription to watch it on Cartoon Network, so fuck them. I pay for Hulu, Netflix, and HBO. Put it on one of those or I'm getting it for free.

Honestly, you can find each episode at places like Daily Motion no problem. Don't even have to bother with torrents.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've been grabbing them off youtube after a couple of days. They're usually on there on someone's channel, sometimes in 4-5min segments, sometimes the full ~22 minutes at once.

Agreed @ fuck them. They can throw some ads in for all I care, and I'd even disable adblock if necessary, but cable subscription is lollerskates.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Where can you watch the new season? It's not up on Hulu it seems unless I'm missing it.
Adult swim has some older ones on (from this season).

You can also find a bunch of them "looping" as a live stream on youtube. Just skip back to the start of the episode you want to watch and you're good.

• 1Like