Rick and Morty

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's a surprisingly good song. "Welcome to your reckoning, baby!" has been stuck in my head for a while.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
"That wasn't time travel, there were just a couple pizzas on the counter and I grabbed them."

Fucking great. Sticking to their "no time travel, time travel is bullshit" statement.

Also the answering machine thing was fucking great. Big R.

• 2Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its been known since S1 thats not his beth. New one might be a clone but the other was a legit Beth. Morty is the only one from c137

There's some vague suggestions that Morty might not be from C137 either but that's mostly fan theories for now.

The "That wasn't time travel" line was the thing that made me laugh the hardest, they are nailing these end-of-the-show lines from Rick this season. The Voltron drone bit from toxic episode made me laugh a lot too. Just random nonsense things out of nowhere.

And yea I still think Summer is my favorite. This whole episode was pretty good, if disturbing. Rick & Beth explaining what was going on and then being forced to go through the explanations was pretty top notch.

• 2Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"That wasn't time travel, there were just a couple pizzas on the counter and I grabbed them."

Fucking great. Sticking to their "no time travel, time travel is bullshit" statement.

Also the answering machine thing was fucking great. Big R.

Didn't Rick time travel in S1E1? Like he went to the planet to get Morty his leg healing medicine and stayed there for a really long time but it only seemed like a few minutes to Morty?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Didn't Rick time travel in S1E1? Like he went to the planet to get Morty his leg healing medicine and stayed there for a really long time but it only seemed like a few minutes to Morty?

He went to a dimension where time moves faster relative to C137, or something. So no, not technically time travel. Interstellar tidal-wave-world type shit, except in reverse.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea the current "fan theory" is that C137 Morty may be Evil Morty.
I find that less likely than C137 just isn't that Rick's original Morty, one way or another, which I think was vaguely suggested as a possibility in one of the episodes early on. The Evil Morty thing is purely fan speculation and would involve the aforementioned time travel and a bunch of other stuff that seems unlikely for the show. I think it's because those are the only 2 Morty's we've seen as "major" characters multiple times so everyone wants to tie them together somehow :p

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's so awesome that a hilarious comedy show like this can also have engaging, multi-season story arcs that rival legit drama shows. That's what really sets it apart from other cartoons.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Nice to see Beth get more screen time, but Citadel of Ricks has to be the high point of the season.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I find that less likely than C137 just isn't that Rick's original Morty, one way or another, which I think was vaguely suggested as a possibility in one of the episodes early on. The Evil Morty thing is purely fan speculation and would involve the aforementioned time travel and a bunch of other stuff that seems unlikely for the show. I think it's because those are the only 2 Morty's we've seen as "major" characters multiple times so everyone wants to tie them together somehow :p

I think that Evil Morty is Rick C-137's original Morty because of the memories of him holding a Morty as a baby and the picture of the same in Bird person's house. Considering the fact that Rick was gone from the C-137 dimension until a year before the show starts C-137 Morty can't be the one in those memories. We've already seen what a year or two with Rick has done to our Morty. Imagine growing up with a Grandpa like that.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I'm assuming the season finale is evil morty related with the name "the rickchurian candidate", more citadel is always good.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Going to dress as Rick for Halloween. Trying to convince the girl I'm dating to dress as my Morty, but she isn't being receptive to the idea.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Have her dress as Jessica instead. You know Rick nailed that when Morty went Wolf of Wall Street anyway.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Going to dress as Rick for Halloween. Trying to convince the girl I'm dating to dress as my Morty, but she isn't being receptive to the idea.

Have her go as Mr. Meeseeks! Spandex and such.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, she looks more like a Morty anyway.

I literally laughed out loud.

I think Rick and Morty Holloween costumes are going to be awesome this year. I want to go as pickle rick but seems like too much work and would be uncomfortable.

I like Bird Person but I feel like most people wouldn't get it. It's basically Rick or Morty.

• 1Like