Rick and Morty

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It did have its moments. I just wasn't really in to the main beats and wanted to mute it after the fourth "You son of a bitch".

For me it is an 4 or 5 out ten Rick and Morty episode but still miles ahead of most other shows. The slut dragons and Snake stuff just had me dying though. Highlight of the episode for me was probably Summer and the other girl dancing then just totally turning on their nerd friend with that female venom.
I loved when the first snake Teleported in to kill Hitler, then like... 15,000 other ones teleported in one by one. The episode was fun. And it was so quiet early on. Showing the snake recapture of the "false" snake, then everything just being "sss" sounds. Great show.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Best Terminator story in years, laughed hard a couple of times.

I died during that scene where the snakes just kept fucking popping in from god-knows-which-timelines. The way it started slow then ramped to absurdity just hit me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah Snake Terminator was an all t ime great episode.

I just wish one of these 5 episodes had any overarching meta story details.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That long segment of nothing but snakes and their struggle was fucking great.

Tssss, tss, tss, tsssssss

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they had thought ahead a little bit (maybe they did this, I don't know and am not looking) and had one track of snake jazz with a little more production behind it like -

They could have sold a pile of one dollar downloads at ye old apple store. A snake jazz music video (with mostly looped animation) for it would have also been millions of hits on YouTube.

If anyone wants to hire me as a consultant for these next level ideas I'm available.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Jesus yall jerking off to the most phoned in episode to date. Love this show but the snake episode was roughly 10 mins of ssss, 10 mins of terminator rip offs and 10 mins of Jerry. Best part of the snake episode was the call back to last season about breaking time.

Whole season so far is like a 5 down from a 10.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It was up to the quality of a random episode from a prior season and episodes of that quality are still pretty high.

These first five are nowhere near the prior peaks and we have no date for the next five.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These first five are nowhere near the prior peaks and we have no date for the next five.

While the first half of the season as a whole is definitely down in the quality department, I think Episode 2 of this season goes down as one of my top 5-7 or so episodes of all-time. The whole shitting on a man's toilet bit had me fucking d-e-d. I really enjoyed the sex Dragon stuff as well. Episodes 1 and 3 were fucking garbage in my eyes though and really dragged down the half-season. And like others have said, the snake episode wasn't horrible, it just wasn't anything amazing.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What if this whole universe is almost just Life of Roy, but rather Life of Jesus and this is just the world with the high score so they decided to leave it running after?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user