Rick and Morty

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
After previously revealing their intention to cast soundalike actors to replace Roiland as Rick and Morty, the first trailer for Rick and Morty Season 7 revealed their voices for the first time. But Adult Swim had been holding back the announcement for the new actors behind the characters themselves, and with the premiere of the first episode and an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, have revealed that Ian Cardoni will be the new voice for Rick Sanchez and Harry Belden will be the new voice for Morty Smith for Rick and Morty Season 7 (and likely beyond).

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I just watched the new episode. Honestly, I liked it a lot. Morty wasn't in it at all, and Rick's voice sounded pretty spot on. As did Bird Person, Squanch, and Poopy Butthole. The only bad voice was fake Hugh Jackman.
It was a funny episode. And the after credits scene was decent as well.

Welcome Back!
fake hugh jackman? lol

1697436192407.png

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DVR did not record the episode from Adult Swim so had to stream on their website. C'mon cable you have one job and it's to label the god damn guide properly.

Did not mind the voice changes, this was more a buddy episode with characters from Rick's circle than anything. Also when Rick portals to meet his friends is he visiting the versions from the original universe he met them in, or the current universe versions?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah why wasn’t Bird Person a cyborg? And it’s Rick’s garage? And what is bird daughter? What did I miss? Didn’t Squanch die at the Bird Person Wedding?

Weren’t they friends with Gear Mans older brother not him?

I’m so lost

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I thought the Rick voice was almost spot on and the Morty was really close. It wasn't too distracting.

The problem was that the episode was fucking retarded and not funny at all. It feels like the writers don't like R&M but are trying to write jokes that R&M fans will like...it is just cringe the entire time.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I thought the Rick voice was almost spot on and the Morty was really close. It wasn't too distracting.

The problem was that the episode was fucking retarded and not funny at all. It feels like the writers don't like R&M but are trying to write jokes that R&M fans will like...it is just cringe the entire time.

Yes, this is correct. See new season of Futurama for similar situation, Ep 9 was garbage made by idiots who don't understand Futurama.

Go go roundwheels!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

This here. To make matters worse this was the season opener and it was about as bad as any filler episode of the last few seasons.

• 1Like

Goatface

very meh
only thing i was interested in was reading the signs at the bar. thought might be something, but wasn't

1697593754050.png

1697593777346.png

Last edited:

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't hate it, I was entertained. It just doesnt have the sad or serious moment episodes that it had when Roland/Harmon were the main writers.

Really can't believe they were able to get Hugh Jackman to come on the show. Also the photo of him and his wife on the was probably not planned

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2nd episode plotline only had enough distance for half an episode so stretching it out was a drag. Also we had the Die Hard aliens last season so Mob aliens were a definite step down.

Post-credit scene was the best bit with a worthy callback.

• 1Like