Rift: Planes of Telara

How would you know? You are too busy acting like a cunt to know what I think. I talk about Rift, TSW, EQ Next, Vanguard, EQ Mac. 3 out of those 5 I absolutely adore. One is not not released yet. And Rift was poor. I want to slit your throat.

iannis

Musty Nester
I saw troll try to think once.

He promised to warn me next time. I'm still holding him to that promise. You can look at it if you want to.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just know that it is technically possible to do f2p and not go p2w. In fact one of the first f2p games ever (maybe 'the' first) was a game called Battleforge which is an RTS with a collectable cards element. I think they did a pretty good job. As standard you get an 'ok' set of cards. If you spend real money you get cooler ones style wise, and a bit more variety gameplay wise, but they aren't really any stronger. You also can only upgrade your cards in to uber ones, by playing the game, so the stronger players are the ones who play a lot - whether they spent real money or not.

p.s. And you also can get anything with in game cash eventually too. So someone who spends 20 bucks gets all the funnest cards right away. But a free player will get them eventually if they just keep playing.
You just described Rift's system, but when Rift does it then it's p2win.

Nope. Say I just ding level 60, I can instantly buy an entire set of level 60 elite dungeon gear with real cash. Boom, 2 seconds and I great gear which is a big upgrade to what I had, and now I'm ready to raid. Winning never got so convenient!

Not only that, but reaching 60 was easy in the first place because I spent $500 on uber adventuring gear that I instantly upgraded thanks to my wallet.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Nope. Say I just ding level 60, I can instantly buy an entire set of level 60 elite dungeon gear with real cash. Boom, 2 seconds and I great gear which is a big upgrade to what I had, and now I'm ready to raid.
qwerty_sl said:
So someone who spends 20 bucks gets all the funnest cards right away. But a free player will get them eventually if they just keep playing.
wuhwhat_medium.gif

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't think he plans on locking it.

In RIFT news, I logged in to my old mage, and saw the FoH guild imploded :*(

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
How would you know? You are too busy acting like a cunt to know what I think. I talk about Rift, TSW, EQ Next, Vanguard, EQ Mac. 3 out of those 5 I absolutely adore. One is not not released yet. And Rift was poor. I want to slit your throat.
Woah bro reporting you to the FBI take that

blehh_sl

shitlord
Anyone still play this game? I started about a week ago on Seastone. I'm going pyro/chloro and I'm level 41. You dicks should come watch me play and make fun of how young I am at mmos twitch.tv/duganator

althuna_sl

shitlord
You can tell you are new, but you can also tell that you are good at a lot of things. You play very carefully which is nice to see. Like how you wait for mobs to move out the way and then you run past safely. And when the PVP guy was nuking you, you ran behind a wall which is a pretty pro tactic. You'll do well in MMO's.

Maybe im biased, I kind of feel you are too good for Rift in a way. It's so dumbed down, mobs are so easy to kill, nothing you can do really has much consequences. And yet you also level very fast so you get inundated with spells which overwhelmed you. Something like EQ would have suited you far more. Your careful style would have really paid off, and the slower progress would give you plenty of time to get used to each batch of spells. It's just a shame its so old now.

But I suppose Rift is a good place to start. Maybe once EQ Next finally arrives you can try that
smile.png

blehh_sl

shitlord
You can tell you are new, but you can also tell that you are good at a lot of things. You play very carefully which is nice to see. Like how you wait for mobs to move out the way and then you run past safely. And when the PVP guy was nuking you, you ran behind a wall which is a pretty pro tactic. You'll do well in MMO's.

Maybe im biased, I kind of feel you are too good for Rift in a way. It's so dumbed down, mobs are so easy to kill, nothing you can do really has much consequences. And yet you also level very fast so you get inundated with spells which overwhelmed you. Something like EQ would have suited you far more. Your careful style would have really paid off, and the slower progress would give you plenty of time to get used to each batch of spells. It's just a shame its so old now.

But I suppose Rift is a good place to start. Maybe once EQ Next finally arrives you can try that
smile.png
Thanks for the compliments, it's nice to hear I'm doing something right rofl. I normally play fps games so playing a game like rift is a totally new experience for me. I didn't realize rift wasn't a super popular mmo, what do you think would be better to play?

althuna_sl

shitlord
I think it's popular-ish, but probably not super popular.

It's hard to say what is better, there is quite a lot of choice nowadays and they all have their own special angle. Like The Secret World plays kind of similar, but the combat is simpler, and instead of magic it's all guns, pretty good fun. And instead of thousands of quests to kill 20 bandits or whatever, it's slightly more interesting quests, and the dungeons are a bit harder. But the PVP is not as good.

And then there is the Star Wars The Old Republic game which I haven't played but people say it has a brilliant story and is really great, but it only lasts about a month or two. And then there is Vanguard which only has 1 server and it has bugs from time to time which most others dont have these days, and it has no pvp. But the up side is that it's more like a real world than a game, you have to be careful not to wander in to groups of enemies because you can't just use a few fireballs to kill them all, and it also relies more on grouping rather than being solo most of the time.

There are lots more too. It's probably best for you to stick with Rift and see how you like it. And if you ever get bored, you can just try something else and you will start to work out things you like and don't like about each game. That will make it easier to find one that suits you.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Rift is plenty popular, especially since it went f2p. Some people here are like retired ballplayers who insist everything was better in their day and EQ was the pinnacle of human achievement and turn every thread into EQ worship.

If you're enjoying Rift, stay with it.