Rift: Planes of Telara

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I ended up buying the 4 souls since I was enjoying myself. Don't know anything about defiler or tactician, but the mage/warrior souls are sweet. Mages get Harbinger which is a melee dps soul. At 60 they can turn into metal angels and melt shit. Tempest is a ranged dps soul for warrior that focuses on lots and lots of lightning. Both have been a ton of fun, and I'd recommend them if you find yourself enjoying the game enough to stick around a bit.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Cool, appreciate the feedback.
smile.png

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
If anyone is looking to see some of the raiding content, or is looking for some people to dink around with. Shoot me a whisper[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */Guild I'm in is always looking for non window licking raiders, but also supports a pretty decent alt and casual base. Guild hosted PDKPs for T1 raids (FT, EE) on Fridays, and plenty of 10m T1 raids with alts. Blah blah.

RIFT 2.7: Binding of Blood arrives May 7th | Massively

The 2.7 update will initially incorporate the four new souls unveiled over the last few months (Arbiter, Physician, Oracle, and Liberator), new quests, and an upgraded UI. Trion Worlds will roll out additional changes over the span of the including tier 3 raids, the Greenscale warfront, a hellbug promotional tie-in with Defiance, the annual Summerfest, and a unicorn celebration. We're not judging. Every game needs a unicorn celebration.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After leveling all the way up (ok, i didnt get the last 2 levels cause we were boosted to max and gave gear packs to raid) - I just cant bring myself to play through all that boring shit again. Have they followed WoW's lead so I can buy a character at max level, yet?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It will be interesting to see how dynamics change in the game once every calling can take on each of the basic roles (tank, heal, dps, support). I find the concept of the physician to be the most amusing with shooting people with drug filled healing arrows.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played since a few weeks after the game went F2P. This patch sounds interesting though, should be fun to check out.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Levelling a mage when i have free time, almost into Storm Legion. Any information on what the current endgame is like?

RIFT 2.7: Binding of Blood arrives May 7th | Massively

The 2.7 update will initially incorporate the four new souls unveiled over the last few months (Arbiter, Physician, Oracle, and Liberator), new quests, and an upgraded UI. Trion Worlds will roll out additional changes over the span of the including tier 3 raids, the Greenscale warfront, a hellbug promotional tie-in with Defiance, the annual Summerfest, and a unicorn celebration. We're not judging. Every game needs a unicorn celebration.

Anyone have Screenshots of the rift UI??

Jerrith_sl

shitlord
It's not completely new UI, just windows getting updated, like the macro window that now breaks up macros into 10 categories of 20 each, and you can do useful things like drag and drop, or copy (when you just want to change one little thing in a complex macro).

I still play (and raid). Just killed the new Akylios tonight, had lots of fun learning the fight. (Storm Legion tier 3 raids are all going back in time to when four of the original dragons were bound and taking part in those events. Greenscale and Akylios have been beaten so far, Laethys and Maelforge have not.)

Here's a screenshot of my ui and the new macro window. Click for the full resolution original.
rrr_img_68896.jpg
[/url]

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I wish Rift had done better... I enjoyed what time I played but the PvP left me wanting and then the end game bored me to tears. That's been a year ago though...

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Rift had a chance when it was in beta. Then they decided to continuously try to reinvent themselves and kept falling short. I do not know if I am like most players or not but I like consistency in game mechanics with small tweaks. If I wanted a complete overhaul I would just start a new game somewhere else. Rifts constant attempts to lure people back to the game just kept driving people away.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I actually play this now, but 70% of my time is spent pvping, with the rest random events or other stuff. I can't stand the end game raiding scene anymore - I gave it a shot with the old FoH Rift guild. They were well organized I'll give them that!

For some reason I actually do love the underwater stuff, so I'm looking forward to the expansion. I know most of my friends hate underwater zones (ie WoW's Cataclysm zone, Plane of Water/Kedge Keep) but for some reason I dig it.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Yeah 10% of the main stream content is underwater. Completionists, chievers, rare mob people, shiny hunters, and probably some raid stuff will be underwater. Most people won't spend much more than that 10% figure though. They are going for an underwater feel with their landscaping and dungeons. Will be interesting if they pull it off.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
They haven't gone into any discussion on the mastery system at all besides to say that it starts at level 61 and is role specific choices you can make. I'd assume you will be able to reset them when you need/want to.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How good is the PvP? I'm really in MMO limbo and just cannot figure what would be the best to play with a small group of buddies who are also in limbo. We were doing EQMac and of course that's dead. Project1999 just doesn't seem to be working for anyone. H1Z1 still isn't out and most of us seem torn between trying Rift or FFXIV. Any insight?