Rift: Planes of Telara

Well the first few days there were queues to log in to my server, often over an hour... Very bad. But that has gone now thankfully. But now I am suffering through these 3 hour downtimes that they do EVERY night. And that's not an exaggeration, literally every night for at least the past week, about midnight to 1am, the server goes down for 3 hours - even at the weekend. Very poor.

Also, it is pretty much pay to win, to some extent anyway. The way it works is that you can't really get anything uber with real life money, it's all just stuff you can buy normally anyway with plat or your tokens or whatever. But where it becomes pay to win is that some of the tokens are hard/boring to get, so buying a powerful PVP item for real cash, saves you from spending like 50,000 valor on it or whatever. So yeah you still need to be the right level to use it, but eliminating the grind is p2w as far as I'm concerned. And almost everything you can buy, is now like that. So if you were rich, you could probably just spend $1000 and become godlike as soon as you reach 50 or 60 or whenever.

But whatever. Could be worse, could be like Vanguard which seemed to strive for the most obscene pay to win model they could come up with. Scumbags. But yeah, Rift is pretty dull. I wanted to get to 60 to at least see what the 'real' content was like before I gave up, but the 50+ grind is pretty intense and it's just so boring. Doubtful I will last long. Getting new RAM tomorrow and I'll be going back to Vanguard instead.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The F2P aspect is great as far as I can tell. The only real limit is character but most people will never need more than four and only freaks more than eight.

There really is a lot to like about Rift but yes, there is something missing from making it a great game.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well the first few days there were queues to log in to my server, often over an hour... Very bad. But that has gone now thankfully. But now I am suffering through these 3 hour downtimes that they do EVERY night. And that's not an exaggeration, literally every night for at least the past week, about midnight to 1am, the server goes down for 3 hours - even at the weekend. Very poor.

Also, it is pretty much pay to win, to some extent anyway. The way it works is that you can't really get anything uber with real life money, it's all just stuff you can buy normally anyway with plat or your tokens or whatever. But where it becomes pay to win is that some of the tokens are hard/boring to get, so buying a powerful PVP item for real cash, saves you from spending like 50,000 valor on it or whatever. So yeah you still need to be the right level to use it, but eliminating the grind is p2w as far as I'm concerned. And almost everything you can buy, is now like that. So if you were rich, you could probably just spend $1000 and become godlike as soon as you reach 50 or 60 or whenever.

But whatever. Could be worse, could be like Vanguard which seemed to strive for the most obscene pay to win model they could come up with. Scumbags. But yeah, Rift is pretty dull. I wanted to get to 60 to at least see what the 'real' content was like before I gave up, but the 50+ grind is pretty intense and it's just so boring. Doubtful I will last long. Getting new RAM tomorrow and I'll be going back to Vanguard instead.
You can buy dungeon gear, but nothing that's even entry raid level. Pretty far from godlike.

You can buy dungeon gear, but nothing that's even entry raid level. Pretty far from godlike.
But you can buy PVP gear too and that is pretty godlike. Maybe the high end raid people aren't too bothered by the paid for stuff, but as an average level 50 something player, I am basically faced with an extra 1-2 months of major grinding, or getting out my wallet.

Juvarisx

Florida
As someone who actually did get to 60, I can promise you going from fresh 60-> gear better or equal to whats in the shop takes a week or two. Hell the crafted stuff is better, and if you are in a guild its super cheap. On top of that with patron bonuses yoiu can fill out the rest of the slots via token gear in a very quick amount of time or actually run dungeons and get drops that again are better then (epic off last boss of 5 man) or equal to (everything else) the gear off the token vendor (same gear as cash shop). Hell even PvP gear bought in the cash shop requires the Rank still. AT best you will have a shit blue set if you choose to drop 80 bucks on it, and its shit and you will get ruined. Guess what you are going to have by the time you reach that rank? Yep. No one gives a flying fuck about level 50 pvp gear.

Everyone was going off on how it was pay to win, but all it is is pay to not do a small grind. The very power stuff never made it to the cash shop and stuff is STILL locked behind the rep required even if it is on it. The worst that can be said for a brand new player is that they may and do have to buy the souls that were introduced in storm legion. It is easily the least required cash shop I have ever seen and they did not increase the costs or grinds for anything so the xp pots or rep pots are not mildly required.

The game is still bland at 60 in my opinion, but, while it has its faults saying its p2w or grind out months and month or pay X amount is retarded.

Everyone was going off on how it was pay to win, but all it is is pay to not do a small grind.
Small is subjective. And like you said, big guilds help out, but unguilded people have a lot of grind to do, and that's in addition to the boring as hell level grind from 50-60. And I'll tell you who does care about a full set of level 50 pvp gear - people on PVP servers.

But the big concern for me is that it's a grind to reach 60 which then turns out to not be worthwhile in the first place.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rift's F2P is not P2W, anyone that thinks so is a moron. Rift doesn't sell any of the best gear. Like all F2P games they do offer options to eliminate the grind, but that isn't P2W either. If you think so then you shouldn't even bother playing any F2P game because you will be whining incessantly about something that will never change.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get a grip retard. Every F2P game offers ways to lessen the grind, that isn't P2W. P2W is when you HAVE to pay to get the best gear, that doesn't happen in Rift. The only way to get the best gear is to play. If you can't understand that basic fact then do us all a favor and jump off the nearest cliff.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's completely reasonable to expect a game to be completely free and not give incentives to those who help support it.

P2W means you have to pay to get the best gear, not bare minimum in order to start raiding gear

Get a grip retard. Every F2P game offers ways to lessen the grind, that isn't P2W.
Yes it is. It's a competitive game even when it's PVE, but this is PVP too. There's no big discussion, just the fact you can buy XP potions alone means it's pay to win. Only a WoW baby would see otherwise.

P2W is when you HAVE to pay to get the best gear
No that's not what P2W means at all. If I am competing with some asshole in PVP and I win, then he goes and bugs his daddy for his credit card and buys xp potions out the anus and a full set of PVP gear, then he wins - he paid to win.

If you can't understand that basic fact then do us all a favor and jump off the nearest cliff.
You are so angry because you are 9, and rift is your life.

It's completely reasonable to expect a game to be completely free and not give incentives to those who help support it.
But you can make incentives that are fun, cosmetic, or even take the edge off. Rift goes beyond that. I admit... not far, but it still does.

Grim1 vs. qwerty makes me smile.
There is nothing to smile about, this is your community and look at how shit it is. You have people like him, born in 2000, WoW was his first game ever, he thought it was the bestest game ever and every other game is retarded and gay. Now he thinks WoW is retarded and gay and Rift is kool. And it's not pay2win, no siree, even though you can you know, pay, to win. But anyone who calls it like it is should jump off a cliff!!!!1 Great work Draegan, you took the old and experienced FoH community with a nasty streak and vein of immaturity, and made a whole new community founded on those principles, and racism, and homophobia, and whatever else dick heads like you revel in.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, nothing to argue about. I won. Facts are facts. You can continue to chase your tail if you want but I'll leave that dance for Draegan. He likes that sort of thing.

Nyah nyah! You like to pay2win because you can't succeed any other way.

p.s. I just quit Rift, got to 54 but the grind is far too boring to put up with. If level 60 was brilliant I would try but too many people say it's dull, so fcuk it. I'm going back to trust ole EQ Mac.

Nyah nyah! You like to pay2win because you can't succeed any other way.

p.s. I just quit Rift, got to 54 but the grind is far too boring to put up with. If level 60 was brilliant I would try but too many people say it's dull, so fcuk it. I'm going back to trust ole EQ Mac.
Thought you said you were getting more ram to go back to vanguard?
Jesus you change more then someone Transgender.