Rimworld

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm not using any mods. I think the first one I looked at wasn't ready for the new patch so I just kind of assumed they would all be busted for a few weeks.

20210803182020_1.jpg

Hosting some royalty that pissed off some mechanids

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This girl Ana wandered in with some refugees. I think she was 18 when all the other women there are over 40 so she immediately got alot of love.

Her first husband died in battle, but before he did she was shagging Immanuil the cop. Then she got a marriage proposal from the cop, and then shortly after another from the artist Michael who you see here. His "attended wedding" is for when Ana and Immanuil got hitched, he was there.

I guess maybe he will get married to Ana too? Is this Utah?
Playa.jpg

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Trying this out. Built traps. Only medical type person kept triggering them. Dead now.

This is Valh... Rimworld?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm I think if you put them in a spot where they can't move around them they will set them off, unless they have the "nimble" trait.

Like if you have a long single block wide tunnel and put traps in there your little people will set them off.

Only difference between your people and enemies is your people can "see" them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrm I've never had to have a mod to keep my own dudes from walking over traps. It sounds like if their traps are in their only viable path to a location that could be what's doing it?

Even friendly caravans and such will avoid stepping on them provided they can move around them - they are basically visible to all friendly units.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah assumed friendlies didn't trigger them, and it was some random bad luck thing, since it was only happening to 1 of them. Just noobie things.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I had an easy quest to take out 4 pirates at a little base. These guys usually raid me with bows and spears charging naked. So I show up with just me with a good sniper rifle, and another guy with a legendary shotty. Shotty guy is armored.

Picked off all the primitives easily from super long range, then this guy comes out in armor and dodges 30 bullets and just one shots the shotgun guy before he can get in range. With a smg. From really far. I try to move out of range and take 2 bullets, then decide this is some kind of screw-you mechanism by the game and call in some troops.
20210805001727_1.jpg

He damn near kills them all, look at that shield thing. Anyway he dies, my shotgun guy dies, because for some unexplained reason I take extremely long to bandage. I can't see anything wrong with me, and I have really high medical skill. I bandage myself till I'm out of danger then move into their camp to check the building.

Building is full of beds and meds and food. I eat and start patching myself up with their meds. At about 99.99999999999999% of finishing the bandage I get this:
20210805002344_1.jpg

So I guess I threw a tantrum? I'm in a secure area with friendly troops, all enemies dead for miles around. Tons of food and meds and beds, and somehow the dead people got up and captured me?

I guess I can look forward to some kind of future rescue mission.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Had a "Dry Thunderstorm"

Whole fucking map is on fire, I guess I landed in British Columbia.

This fucking game.

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
heh because of that (last colony) i built in a scrubland this time so there's not a lot of possibility of "burning the whole map at once"

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It ended up raining and it all went out. Thought it was game over lol.

This game is great at giving you oh shit what the fuck moments, then 5 minutes later all is good.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm showing up in people's social as belonging to the pirate faction now.

I guess I'll start scouting the pirate settlements nearby. I did the closest one and I could look at the enemy socials to see if any knew me and none did.

Maybe I can "arrest" and not accidentally kill my character.
enemy.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
No luck finding myself. I think at this point I'm going to build a set of really high end gear and destroy every pirate settlement one by one via drop pod attacks.

I'm going to need alot of plasteel

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Midway into my campaign of destroying all pirate settlements I get a quest failed notification on my Baroness title quest. I look at the quest screen and it has a little representation of me in the bottom and I'm dead.

I can click that and see that I got basically 2 diseases at once.

At this point, with how completely shafted I got to get captured in the first place (by dead people) I decided to cheat. I ended process and started searching around online for how to locate a lost person.

Turns out people out in the world don't actually live anywhere. They are just in a pool of possible people to spawn if an event happens or if the player travels somewhere. But if you are part of a quest I guess it simulates you somewhat, thus the getting sick part. I turn on developer mode and you can instant travel around and I went to every pirate camp on the entire world and I wasn't at any of them.

I guess because I was sick it didn't want to include me in any of the "events" of x attacks y place. Or the whole thing was just bugged from getting captured in such a stupid way. So I just used the developer menu to spawn me back at base. I was still a pirate so I had to capture and imprison for a month before I turned, but I'm back in action.

20210809012412_1.jpg

Other than that and my massive buildup of plasteel and uranium, I've had 2 really stupid deaths. My primary crafter Stinkbug died from a fist fight with the lordling that kind of took over after my capture. Punched her in the chest and she died. It was really stupid.

Then my main farmer became lunch for a warg. Really high melee skill but no armor on at the time, and just miraculously missed alot. She died like half a second before a sniper round took the wargs head off. Just astronomical bad luck.

Both are stored in sarcophagi in the freezer. I sent out a caravan that spent a month or two going town to town to town trying to find res serum, but nobody has any. The "exotic" ship always has the same garbage, and I'm wondering if they just generate that list once and it never changes.

Here's another dumb fist fight that destroyed my main animal girl's leg:
20210807182646_1.jpg

I think I'm going to just focus on all the cool post human stuff until I get my 18 crafter resurrected. I really want my armour and weapons made by the famous Stinkbug. I'm still pissed off I lost 2 legendaries in that retarded capture scenario.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
3 serums and a big pile of uranium, yes please!
woohoo.png
HakujaRes.png

The cat approaching made me very nervous. I remember one game where I had some res serum on hand, but when a very valued colonist died, his own pets ate him before I could apply it :emoji_laughing:
Cat.png

Arise bug and make me amazing armor!
BugLives.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This lady went on a fire starting spree so I tried to arrest her and she went berserk. The deputized fellow had a monoblade. I didn't think to drop it until the leg was chopped off
Arrested.png

Same lady getting married to the annoying lord guy. One of my two crazy old men starts a fight and the wedding is cancelled haha.
WeddingCancelled.png

They occasionally wander in a daze for a bit, and move really slowly but still do good work
old.png

A meteor hit in my base:
meteor.png

Random battle carnage:
MeatGrinder.png