Rimworld

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Came in based on the title name alone. Rather disappointed that it isn't actually about rimming.
1/5

• 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So in this screeny you can see I have my kitchen set up like someone in here recommended. I kind of left one side expandable and I have done so a few times when I got a huge unexpected mass of meat from packs of crazed animals etc.

The trouble I'm having is colonists will ignore the food on the shelf just inside the door and walk all the way into the freezer to get the frozen meals at the far end. Every time. I don't know how to make them take the stuff from the shelf. It sits there and rots because nobody will take it.
20191129131657_1.jpg

I saw someone had asked this very question on reddit but nobody had an answer other than to forbid the meals in the freezer but that's one of those things you'd have to watch nonstop. I'd forget and suddenly people would be starving, brawling, flinging poo with 30 meals ready to go.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for a decent trader. My stockroom is glutted with crap to sell and I need like 1000 plasteel. I may have to just try to trade via caravan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Right, but if you'll notice it says "Rotting" there. Which do you wanna eat, a piece of cheese with a speck of mold on it or the frozen like a brick stuff that has never seen temperatures over 32 Fahrenheit?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I need a comprehensive "rimworld: a guide for complete idiots" youtube series. Preferably made by someone who's voice doesn't get annoying after 1 minute

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
So in this screeny you can see I have my kitchen set up like someone in here recommended. I kind of left one side expandable and I have done so a few times when I got a huge unexpected mass of meat from packs of crazed animals etc.

The trouble I'm having is colonists will ignore the food on the shelf just inside the door and walk all the way into the freezer to get the frozen meals at the far end. Every time. I don't know how to make them take the stuff from the shelf. It sits there and rots because nobody will take it.
View attachment 235087

I saw someone had asked this very question on reddit but nobody had an answer other than to forbid the meals in the freezer but that's one of those things you'd have to watch nonstop. I'd forget and suddenly people would be starving, brawling, flinging poo with 30 meals ready to go.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for a decent trader. My stockroom is glutted with crap to sell and I need like 1000 plasteel. I may have to just try to trade via caravan.

My way around it was to keep the kitchen inside the "freezer area" by one wall and then double insulate outside the kitchen. I then store all my meals on shelves in the kitchen. If they are at least refrigerated they should last long enough to be eaten. You could also use a second air conditioner to keep the kitchen cold.

iannis

Musty Nester
That problem with the freezer is pretty common and usually a matter of distance. The colonists will grab the closest available food IIRC. I think it's raw distance, not path distance. So you have to position the bedrooms strategicerally, force them into a position at mealtimes, and use stockpile priorties and fill levels... but i'm not sure if those are vanilla.

I do HKSK though, i haven't played vanilla in forever. HKSK introduces other ways to deal with the problem.

iannis

Musty Nester
Rimworld is the kind of game where you fail upwards. The first few times you play it your colonists are going to die miserable deaths. Over time their deaths become more bizzare and entertaining.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I grabbed it anyways, had some extra left over on steam, ill see how it is and pass it on in a few days

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was really tempted to start a game this morning. I want to do a naked brutality with an interesting character I edit to be the way I want, but the editor is still a bit broken after the patch.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I would like to support them, but $20 for what looks basically like a mod seems a little to pricey.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yo, what? its paid dlc? the fuck? yeah I thought it was free... that trailer was not remotely enticing enough for a paid dlc. a bunch of random stuff.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
yo, what? its paid dlc? the fuck? yeah I thought it was free... that trailer was not remotely enticing enough for a paid dlc. a bunch of random stuff.
Yeah they kinda fucked themselves with their mod support. Its so expansive that people's mods are better than this is (Save our Ship, Rimfeller, etc).

But its good that Tyan is still working on the game. He said he was finished but I guess he wants this cash cow to keep milking.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Got it recently, have been playing for many hours deep into the night committing crimes against humanity. Has had a few updates since royalty, can roll back to previous versions with Steam if things get screwy.

Tons of mods that are awesome and qol.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Loathe to double post but since this game is far too good there has been a recent 1.2 update.

Im closing in on 250 mods. Its a lot. Meanwhile in my game my daughter who is older than me died from a heart attack which caused my character [named after myself] to have a mental break because she died and so missed the funeral. A baby has been born [hooray fresh meat!] which owing the mod being not updated has two heads and can drag itself to the shower and eat at the table, and possibly in the wrong place in the mod list. The baby's father is in hospital and was recently elected to lead the colony. Also my 2nd best constructor had to leave his new bride behind owing to me forgetting the dropship only had three pilot seats instead of 4 so I was forced to choose. She was 59 and he was 29 and had a pegleg [which I installed] so its probably for the best if she doesn't return. However he did have one arm and one leg [because I forced him to deconstruct a man trap], however the timely looting of mechanoid serum has had him regrow a new leg.

My old settlement [I abandoned it after deconstructing it for a larger map via jiggery pokery].

37E595FA6220EC10B4D46D2549C9D5A017BBEF14

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if people are down with watching others play games (I actually don't watch much, just listen) but the PeteComplete series(s) on Rimworld are pretty entertaining just from a dry humor perspective. Really highlights some of the absurd shit you can do in the game; I recommend.

It's one of those games where I really like the various survival/etc aspects but the random assrapings just get kind of old after awhile, even if they are pretty hilarious at times. I have a few games going in various stages, but I just get distracted easily when I end up with like a 12 day toxic fallout so my group is just confined to the base while shit happens outside that I can't interact with under pain of everyone developing major issues and dying.