Road House

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was a bad fucking movie, but in a fun bad way. It’s just pure cheese it’s pure dogshit but it doesn’t take anything seriously and the Conner parts are the best, the acting is so bad it damn near feels like his lines are dubbed.

10/10 on the Cheese Meter
Friends came in town and put this on again. Maybe it was the drinks or having a good time with friends , I got a few laughs at how bad it is. When Conor is slamming Jake's head on the piano and mentions it's out of tune was so bad/hilarious. Or when theyre fighting on the boat and Conor says you're in the octagon now and Jake says "I don't think you know shapes".

They also put on Ricky Stinky or whatever and I had fun because it was a good night with friends

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This was pure popcorn camp silly fun, the OG RH took itself way too seriously. I just wish the fight scenes were shot better, speaking of which, WTF was up with Bitch Tits Malone's fight scenes? Why were they a CGI body? Could they not teach that slob how to throw a punch?

Also choosing a not hot chick as the damsel in distress made me not care if she got greased.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wide angle lense abuse got old fast, Conor can't act for shit, and the original is far superior, but it's better than pretty much anything Marvel's been farting out lately.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just wish the fight scenes were shot better, speaking of which, WTF was up with Bitch Tits Malone's fight scenes? Why were they a CGI body? Could they not teach that slob how to throw a punch?

That was CGI? I thought the reason the choreography and punches were so bad was because it was actually Malone. Just assumed filming was from before he lost some weight recently.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There’s any number of “loner walks in to a town” to clean it up movies. This could have 100% been its own thing and not a Road House remake. Give it a unique title and no one has any expectations other than watching Donnie Darko beat some guys up. It wasn’t great at all but it fit the mold of this genre just fine.

It was objectively 100% worse when Connor showed up and what’s his name’s (the girls Dad) ridiculous over acting.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There’s any number of “loner walks in to a town” to clean it up movies. This could have 100% been its own thing and not a Road House remake. Give it a unique title and no one has any expectations other than watching Donnie Darko beat some guys up. It wasn’t great at all but it fit the mold of this genre just fine.

It was objectively 100% worse when Connor showed up and what’s his name’s (the girls Dad) ridiculous over acting.

See I think it was just the opposite. If you didn't attach "Road House" to this film nobody would have ever seen it, nor should they. It was a complete dogshit cheese movie, and because it was dog shit cheese the corny over the top acting and terrible delivery just added to make it better.

I guess if you wanted this to be a serious movie I could see the disappointment, but if you can accept it as a bad movie that's so bad it's good then can have a good time.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
See I think it was just the opposite. If you didn't attach "Road House" to this film nobody would have ever seen it, nor should they. It was a complete dogshit cheese movie, and because it was dog shit cheese the corny over the top acting and terrible delivery just added to make it better.

I guess if you wanted this to be a serious movie I could see the disappointment, but if you can accept it as a bad movie that's so bad it's good then can have a good time.

I'm fine with this too. The moral of the story is no one needs to see it. Bad Road House remake or standalone bad.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
That was CGI? I thought the reason the choreography and punches were so bad was because it was actually Malone. Just assumed filming was from before he lost some weight recently.

Sure looked like it to me, weird lighting and funky motion blurs.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean, let's be fucking honest: Movies like Point Break were pretty fucking shitty/campy as well. But for that exact reason, they were fucking amazing. There were TONS of these types of films in the late 80s/early 90s and thank god somebody is trying to revive the "schlock" film genre.

"LOSE SOMETHING, BRAH!?" - I still say this all the time when somebody drops a pen or some shit at work. Nobody ever gets it :( .

• 2Like

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I'm an OG Roadhouse fan, so of course I was gonna like it no matter what. But this would have sunk without Gyllenhaal. And man, can McGregor play a psyhchotic douchebag bad guy!

They should give him more roles as psychotic douchebag bad guys.

• 2Direct to DVD

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, let's be fucking honest: Movies like Point Break were pretty fucking shitty/campy as well. But for that exact reason, they were fucking amazing. There were TONS of these types of films in the late 80s/early 90s and thank god somebody is trying to revive the "schlock" film genre.

"LOSE SOMETHING, BRAH!?" - I still say this all the time when somebody drops a pen or some shit at work. Nobody ever gets it :( .
I think we're all fine with popcorn action flicks. It's the need to reboot a campy popcorn flick that everyone loves that rubs us all the wrong way.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think we're all fine with popcorn action flicks. It's the need to reboot a campy popcorn flick that everyone loves that rubs us all the wrong way.

Did you think this was a movie about a road trip?

• 1Garbage

Oldbased

> Than U
HollyJew is so ass. This keeps popping up and I haven't even bothered with the trailer. Then today I was browsing offerings on Cinemax and came across a 2015 Poltergeist. Didn't even know they remade that shit either. Still haven't seen the Robocop remakes either. Fuck em all.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie is bad, we were drinking the second watch.

I don't know why it needed to be called Roadhouse, give me some Banshee

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
HollyJew is so ass. This keeps popping up and I haven't even bothered with the trailer. Then today I was browsing offerings on Cinemax and came across a 2015 Poltergeist. Didn't even know they remade that shit either. Still haven't seen the Robocop remakes either. Fuck em all.
The Point Break remake is surprisingly bad. Like, you knew it was gonna suck but it sucks even more than that.

• 1Like