Robocop - Remake

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
god mode on/ ahah
yeah it's really great action but please remove "Robocop" from the title.
that clip remids me of Raiden lol i was waiting for him to pick up a ED-209 and throw him eheh

just remove the sword and put a gun in his hand

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Local small theater is doing a one night only of the original Robocop on February 11th. Think I'll pay my $8 or whatever and go see instead.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
This movie is going to suck, one of the classic scenes in robocop is when he gets to the shooting range and you hear his auto gun going off above everyone elses, every other cop stops and listens. Also seems like there's no presence of weight on him, which is why it doesn't even look like full on heavy armor, just a man wrapped in a plastic suit.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
This movie is going to suck, one of the classic scenes in robocop is when he gets to the shooting range and you hear his auto gun going off above everyone elses, every other cop stops and listens. Also seems like there's no presence of weight on him, which is why it doesn't even look like full on heavy armor, just a man wrapped in a plastic suit.
That scene was awesome

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't have a problem if they made Robocop made ninja-like. If they were take make something like that today, that's how they would probably make it - nimble and agile. He was just slow and clunky in the old Robocop because peoples' concepts of technology in the 80s was fucking terrible.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't have a problem if they made Robocop made ninja-like. If they were take make something like that today, that's how they would probably make it - nimble and agile. He was just slow and clunky in the old Robocop because peoples' concepts of technology in the 80s was fucking terrible.
True. Plus the old style mech was to stupid and slow the be used reliably in a war environment. Any serious mech would need to be fast, well armored/defended and able to respond to dangerous situations rapidly and with suppressing firepower.

Then again if you were to design a modern auto-mech it wouldn't have a head or anything so obviously designed as a weak spot/target. But then I'm nitpicking again.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
yep, spot on

xrg

Golden Squire
Apparently, the original Robocop was going to have "liquid smooth" movement, but they had trouble achieving that because of the suit. Not sure if that necessarily means it would be a ninja or not though. Peter Weller talks about it in this video:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Robocop is really the Jason Voorhees to bad guys. except Jason doesnt have a .50 cal machine pistol with unlimited ammo. Jason and Robo move around at a steady pace, they are invulnerable to anything and will destroy their targets unless they are completely dismantled.

that last clip was sacrilege, Samsung Galaxy S Robo was jumping around so much i swear the CGI at times was so cheap it looked worse than the CGI in Halle Barre's Catwoman. i wonder why they are releasing so many clips frim the movie. could be they realized too late they didnt think this one through about who their target audience was and are now begging someone, anyone to watch this thing.

Caliane

And wow with those 2 clips, they've really missed the point with Robocop's body weight / movements.

Robocop doesn't jump and flip and gymnast like that in a fight.

Robocop is a fucken tank. He walks slowly and deliberately into danger and harm's way, each footstep a loud and confident "CLUNK""CLUNK""CLUNK", yeah the bad guys will get to shoot at him, at will. But that doesn't matter HE'S ROBOCOP!! He takes the hits, registers that all these guys are guilty. And when he's ready, he gets his turn and wipes them out.
they have him exhaling in that new vid.
Gasping for air.
"Earrrgh", as he trips/gets hit in the back while running. again either pain, or from breathing.

this fucking movie.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
they have him exhaling in that new vid.
Gasping for air.
"Earrrgh", as he trips/gets hit in the back while running. again either pain, or from breathing.

this fucking movie.
I think it's clear that he's not a robot. He's a heavily injured man in an assistive weaponized exoskeleton. They should have called it Cyborgcop.

Caliane

I think it's clear that he's not a robot. He's a heavily injured man in an assistive weaponized exoskeleton. They should have called it Cyborgcop.
Cyborg was originally a Masters of the Universe sequel. But contracts were broken. and with the sets, and costumes created, the studio had the director write a new movie to use the assets. Chuck norris was the intended lead. With Van Damme hired instead.
it too was originally rated X. and had to be cut, to get an R rating.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yay, there is a good scene with two veteran awesome actors. Pretty sure you put those two in a room and they'll make the shittiest lines seem awesome.

Problem having semi-unknown mexican director other then lack of experience is that the hollywood execs end up with a lot more say in what goes on. Thats almost never a good thing because they love idiotic cliches and trying to make things more palatable for the general audience.

Regardless, I will see this movie eventually and will attempt to erase everything from one my favorite 80's films from my head. I know as soon as I try to compare them it will fail.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that scene contradicts all the other action scenes they have shown, he is jumping around like a grasshopper. its obviously either a very slight mechanized armor suit or Omnicorp has their own "Tesseract energy ball powering all those gears and thick armor to propel that thing so fluidly. it also must be made out of some alien metal not found on their periodic chart. maybe this is a Marvel(capn america) and DC(man of steel) crossover?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
that scene contradicts all the other action scenes they have shown, he is jumping around like a grasshopper. its obviously either a very slight mechanized armor suit or Omnicorp has their own "Tesseract energy ball powering all those gears and thick armor to propel that thing so fluidly. it also must be made out of some alien metal not found on their periodic chart. maybe this is a Marvel(capn america) and DC(man of steel) crossover?
I think maybe you're misinterpreting that scene?

That scene shows where Oldman wants to make the Robocop we know and love, but Keaton says that won't sell to the masses, he wants one that looks like this ultra-sleek robot on the left. That scene is essentially trying to give reason to their blatant shitting all over the first movie, because "old" Robocop wouldn't sell nowadays.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
I actually beleave that the scene with ed 209's is toward the mid point of the movie.

Maybe we will get him all busted up and then someone will save him and fix his suit to the older tank style for the finnish.