Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't believe I forgot to include Holocure Live in my original post. Weeby as fuck survival game based on Vtuber culture but the gameplay is top notch. My only gripe would be that it's still partially based on the old 30 minute round but other than that it's legitimately one of the better games in the genre and it's free. New update apparently coming Feb 10th.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Buy up all +HP items, harvest/luck, and your primitive weapons. Burn all your money on rerolls. You're able to get strong enough weapons that you barely get hit. I'll sometimes burn down to 1 HP. Don't buy too many damage items. This pic is only after round 2 and look at all the items I have. Get a couple good rounds like this and it quickly snowballs. Around wave 5~ you'll want to slow down on how much money you burn on rerolling the shop

View attachment 455493
Maybe Extatonion has something that prevents the Demon from seeing the potato thrower, cause I've never seen a single one on multiple demon attempts but just got randomly offered one on wave 3 on a ranger.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe Extatonion has something that prevents the Demon from seeing the potato thrower, cause I've never seen a single one on multiple demon attempts but just got randomly offered one on wave 3 on a ranger.

Dunno, I haven't used any mods so not sure if they do that. It can be pretty RNG'y though, I've gone whole matches without seeing one either.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Another one:

Overwhelmingly positive recent reviews, $2.99.
I have that one, it is decent. Aside from the unique system of building out abilities (which I still don't fully understand), they differentiate themselves by having each wave be a discrete thing. In other words, survive a wave, then buy shit and fuck around with abilities (even being able to test them on dummies), then start the next wave, which lasts slightly longer than the previous (I think), survive that and do it again. Has quite a different feel to it than the 15-30 min forerunners of this genre.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have that one, it is decent. Aside from the unique system of building out abilities (which I still don't fully understand), they differentiate themselves by having each wave be a discrete thing. In other words, survive a wave, then buy shit and fuck around with abilities (even being able to test them on dummies), then start the next wave, which lasts slightly longer than the previous (I think), survive that and do it again. Has quite a different feel to it than the 15-30 min forerunners of this genre.

Brotato does this wave format too. You beat a wave, then get to shop for items before the next wave.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I tried Bio Prototype. It's fun and looks like it has some interesting ability mechanics and build-ability but it's a Brotato type game, not Vampire Survivors.

Army of Ruin just had an update with a new map and some items. Think they release to 1.0 in the summer (and possibly a price increase soon?). It started slow but I'm liking it a lot now as I steadily go through challenges.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think they release to 1.0 in the summer (and possibly a price increase soon?)
the price increase was last week, they gave a whopping one day advance warning that only people who already own the game would see.

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New Brotato beta patch with 4 new characters and a bunch of other stuff. It usually isn't long after a beta drop that they push it to live release

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't get why they are buffing plasma sledge and thunder sword when they are already insanely good, the issue is how rarely they show up.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't get why they are buffing plasma sledge and thunder sword when they are already insanely good, the issue is how rarely they show up.

I guess it's their justification for the rarity, if you're only going to get 1 or 2 of them in a run, might as well make them a bit OP

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holocure update went live a couple days ago, I'm continually amazed at how well the developer converts that weird vtuber/weeb culture into gameplay mechanics.

Soulstone Survivors just pushed a big update today, new weapon for several classes and a seasonal event.

Buy up all +HP items, harvest/luck, and your primitive weapons. Burn all your money on rerolls. You're able to get strong enough weapons that you barely get hit. I'll sometimes burn down to 1 HP. Don't buy too many damage items. This pic is only after round 2 and look at all the items I have. Get a couple good rounds like this and it quickly snowballs. Around wave 5~ you'll want to slow down on how much money you burn on rerolling the shop
I still have not had a single successful potato thrower run with demon despite a couple dozen tries. Most of the time I never even get offered a potato thrower in the first place, or not until far too late. The one time the game just threw potato throwers at me I fucked up and neglected my survivability and lost to the first elite round.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE

1676356920423.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got to 62 on my potato demon until I quit out from boredom. Could afk each wave in the middle with 8k HP hitting for 32k a shot

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got to 62 on my potato demon until I quit out from boredom. Could afk each wave in the middle with 8k HP hitting for 32k a shot
Yeah but I accomplished this with brute force instead of a broken interaction. I did manage to limp into the mid 30s with a non-highrolled potato demon but no matter how hard I try I just cant pop off with a good highroll the way you keep doing. Some critical part of the build always fails to materialize in time.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but I accomplished this with brute force instead of a broken interaction. I did manage to limp into the mid 30s with a non-highrolled potato demon but no matter how hard I try I just cant pop off with a good highroll the way you keep doing. Some critical part of the build always fails to materialize in time.

It's not broken until they nerf it sir! I'm trying to find a good build for Jack, but they don't give you a good starting set of weapons so it makes it harder getting the set you want. It also looks like they changed it so he only gets elites instead of a chance for swarms, and they can two shot even tanky builds with the damage bonus.

Edit: Farmer is entertaining with the new food mechanics and pruners

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Big content update in Spirit Hunters. Looks like they added all missing weapons/evolutions and lots of balances.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There's also a Valentine's Bundle up on steam with a handful of these games. I had all of them except one I hadn't heard of, Project Lazarus. Grabbed that for $4 so looking forward to trying it out.

Project Lazarus is a reverse bullet hell, mech survival game with rogue-lite elements! Snowball your mech's arsenal to outlast the wave of alien monsters. Pick up items and crystals to level up, install and upgrade your mech and establish fire superiority. Every mech has its own control scheme and weapon installation slots, so make the right choice for the environment and your style of gameplay. Then, deploy your mech to the ground of an alien planet and survive the drop!

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There's also a Valentine's Bundle up on steam with a handful of these games. I had all of them except one I hadn't heard of, Project Lazarus. Grabbed that for $4 so looking forward to trying it out.

Project Lazarus is a reverse bullet hell, mech survival game with rogue-lite elements! Snowball your mech's arsenal to outlast the wave of alien monsters. Pick up items and crystals to level up, install and upgrade your mech and establish fire superiority. Every mech has its own control scheme and weapon installation slots, so make the right choice for the environment and your style of gameplay. Then, deploy your mech to the ground of an alien planet and survive the drop!
I have this one as well, and while I love the concept, I want to say that it was the control scheme more than anything that really turned me off. One mech handles one way, then the next one is completely different, and different buttons/keys do completely different things, etc. It has been months since I bought it, but that's what I remember. It is entirely possible they completely changed all of that and it is much better now, but I briefly even considered returning it, it was so annoying.

• 1Like