Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I have this one as well, and while I love the concept, I want to say that it was the control scheme more than anything that really turned me off. One mech handles one way, then the next one is completely different, and different buttons/keys do completely different things, etc. It has been months since I bought it, but that's what I remember. It is entirely possible they completely changed all of that and it is much better now, but I briefly even considered returning it, it was so annoying.

I see what you mean. Only played a little bit but unlocked the 2nd mech and it's got movement direction, gun direction, accelerate, and reverse compared to first guy which is just move and aim.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
1678643797887.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Splattercat reviewed another one and was surprised at how much he liked it despite not liking most of the things it combined. Looks great, although might be a little hard to see everything that is going on at times. I bought it because it was cheap, but haven't played it yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I picked that one up today but haven't tried it yet. Also got one that just released called Crafty Survivors. Total for both was like $6.50.

Gonna recommend Again.

Great little spaceship type and games are less than 15 mins. I've got 20 hours in and have everything unlocked/maxed (except a couple achievements they just added.) Definitely more on the casual side but it's a good one. They are still adding ships/weapons too.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nordic Ashes has had a few good updates and is a lot less bare bones than I thought it was a couple months ago. New realm and characters to play and they added an endless and ragnarok mode for more challenge. I think the character skill trees could use a bit more variety but its worth a few play throughs to clear the current realms

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Splattercat reviewed another one and was surprised at how much he liked it despite not liking most of the things it combined. Looks great, although might be a little hard to see everything that is going on at times. I bought it because it was cheap, but haven't played it yet.

I picked this up on Worth a Buy's recommendation and it hasn't disappointed since he is usually super harsh on games. The one thing issue I have is that it's not always super intuitive and requires some experimentation on what things do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's pretty imbalanced re: characters too. The plasma one is strong, rockets are OK, drones so-so. Rest kinda suck it seems.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I picked this up on Worth a Buy's recommendation and it hasn't disappointed since he is usually super harsh on games. The one thing issue I have is that it's not always super intuitive and requires some experimentation on what things do.

Hah, I still haven't actually played it! Like 90% of my Steam list.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Humble Bundle has a "Survivors-Like" bundle, 8 games for $8

Rogue:Genesia
Boneraiser Minions
Nomad Survival
Bounty of One
Just King
Scarlet Tower
Neon Sundown
Repetendium

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I picked that one up today but haven't tried it yet. Also got one that just released called Crafty Survivors. Total for both was like $6.50.

Gonna recommend Again.

Great little spaceship type and games are less than 15 mins. I've got 20 hours in and have everything unlocked/maxed (except a couple achievements they just added.) Definitely more on the casual side but it's a good one. They are still adding ships/weapons too.
This is my current favorite. I put about 9 hours into it over the last week or so.

The higher levels get a little frustrating, especially at the start, as the mobs tend to gather quickly and soak more damage than you initially put out. Aside from that, I have little complaints.

Edit - Belay that - just use the triple barrel as a starter weapon and it is easy mode no matter what level.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I bought that Humble bundle to save $6 on the 3 I didn't already have. That said, Steam key for the following games to first one who PM's me; please state which game(s) you want!

Boneraiser Minions
Nomad Survival
Bounty of One

3 left

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Saw BikeMan streaming this yesterday. Looks good. Xcom playstyle with some Darkest Dungeon mechanics as you unlock traits and characters for new runs. Small mission maps then you pick where to go next on a map like how FTL/Spire/DD2 does it.

Think it released right into a full game (rare these days). Has a free DLC you can install which adds blood/gore.