Roseanne

Oldbased

> Than U
Roseanne will not mention Trump by name once this entire season. She will say things like liar liar, pantsuit on fire and that she supports the president, but not say his name once. Not a single time.

Roseanne Barr herself was green party not all that long ago and still is in many ways. However for the past 2 years on twitter and social media she has had massive support for Trump.
She is like many in the nation where her views don't line up with liberals or conservatives, but her desire to see America get better lines up best with Trump for now out of the shit options we had.
Liberals can't stand that though because group think and they like eating Tide Pods.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does this show have a laugh track? Every time I come across a 30 minute sitcom and hear the laugh track it seems so anachronistic. Then again I haven't watched a sitcom aside from the animated ones (Simpsons et al) since the 90's.
Yeah it does, it's one of the reasons I think the show is shit, but thinking about it, I haven't really enjoyed sitcoms for quite some time now... maybe it's just the format (though this show in particular feels particularly dated and unfunny)

The political stuff is lost on me as I'm not from/in 'Murica so no fucks given there.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Does this show have a laugh track? Every time I come across a 30 minute sitcom and hear the laugh track it seems so anachronistic. Then again I haven't watched a sitcom aside from the animated ones (Simpsons et al) since the 90's.

Yes. It's exactly like the old show and somehow the humor really holds up. I actually found myself laughing a lot and I don't remember the last time I've done that on a sitcom

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah it does, it's one of the reasons I think the show is shit, but thinking about it, I haven't really enjoyed sitcoms for quite some time now... maybe it's just the format (though this show in particular feels particularly dated and unfunny)

The political stuff is lost on me as I'm not from/in 'Murica so no fucks given there.
First thing you have said that makes sense. If you are not Murrican, you probably are not going to enjoy a show about middle American families and the real struggles and discussions they have.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
First thing you have said that makes sense. If you are not Murrican, you probably are not going to enjoy a show about middle American families and the real struggles and discussions they have.
The politics may be different, but trash is trash, whether you're north or south of the border. Relatability isn't really an issue, the tropes are tried and true. I think geographical proximity and socioeconomic similarities are more relevant. For example, I'd wager the average person from the pacific northwest has more in common with somebody from BC than a Floridian, Albertans have more in common with Texans than ppl from elsewhere in the same country etc. The odd thing is I remember liking the original, which is why I said I'm probably over sitcoms (especially with laugh tracks) more than anything.

• 2Picard

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider

It's a live audience, not a track, so it's at least slightly less grating.

And Roseanne was decidedly progressive in the old shows and in reality. I don't think that's changed much. You can fall almost anywhere on the political spectrum and still love/hate Trump depending on what bits of his policies / personality you choose to focus on.

Oldbased

> Than U
The politics may be different, but trash is trash, whether you're north or south of the border. Relatability isn't really an issue, the tropes are tried and true. I think geographical proximity and socioeconomic similarities are more relevant. For example, I'd wager the average person from the pacific northwest has more in common with somebody from BC than a Floridian, Albertans have more in common with Texans than ppl from elsewhere in the same country etc. The odd thing is I remember liking the original, which is why I said I'm probably over sitcoms (especially with laugh tracks) more than anything.
Nah, I have enjoyed them so far and pretty sure the latest episode didn't even mention politics. I found much of it relating to current events and household issues.
Just like I don't like many of the sitcom type shows the past decade, I respect your opinion to not having like this one however. Most shows only interest a small portion of the total population after all.
Thankfully there is something for almost anyone.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

why don't you just go watch your gay ass Geordie Shore and enjoy life,

In non pussy England news, Roseanne is on eps 5 and still good, they keep the kids to like 2mins max per episode, if at all and focus on the main cast still.

episode 5 has
david

and dan has a great interaction, let me jot some dad lesson from that.

• 3Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I really like this show and so does the wife...But god damn is Becky a terrible actress. Its nearly unbearable when she is on screen.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really like this show and so does the wife...But god damn is Becky a terrible actress. Its nearly unbearable when she is on screen.
I'm sure the brunt of the argument is that if we have to have a Becky scene, at least have Sarah Chalke.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
She is definitely the worst part.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

They should have kept the "new" one as primary and the "orig" as the small walk on for the first few... bc yes...she is turrble

The daughter feels like a legit daughter of her, like, good job, well done! The way she acts, moves etc.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
eps6, still a good sitcom

a few oldies come back, a guest appearance from the future.

worst part is still old Becky, even w/ the 2mins of screen time they give her

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I don't care where you land on politics, shes's a moron. I was enjoying the show.

John Goodman should be allowed to roll out of a third story window and land on her face.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Some people should not be allowed to use social media unsupervised. She just fucked over the rest of the cast / crew. Well unless the back-backlash results in the show being picked up by some right leaning entertainment network. What IS a right leaning entertainment network?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Some people should not be allowed to use social media unsupervised. She just fucked over the rest of the cast / crew. Well unless the back-backlash results in the show being picked up by some right leaning entertainment network. What IS a right leaning entertainment network?

It's not even really a right-leaning show. Roseanne herself is the only vocal Trump supporter on the show, and even then it's barely mentioned and the other characters argue the opposition viewpoint when it is. It's like calling Star Wars pro-murder because Darth Vader is the most memorable character.

• 3Like

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I was actually enjoying this. Can’t believe she would do that. I’m all for free speech and people shouldn’t get butt hurt over any and everything but jfc you should still temper what you say sometimes, how can you not recognize that.

It’s like she was actually high on some drugs for her knee or something.