Satisfactory

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Got my new main storage basically done. Base is a model of efficiency and organization...or something.

Screenshot20220115-10532400000.png

Screenshot20220115-09000600000.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The dribble of road to mark what's in storage is genius.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So in dyson sphere program the productivity of what the player made was measured in how many of the final research component (white cubes) were made a minute. These were used to indefinitely improve stuff. Is there an analog in this game?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So in dyson sphere program the productivity of what the player made was measured in how many of the final research component (white cubes) were made a minute. These were used to indefinitely improve stuff. Is there an analog in this game?
Really kind of opened ended once you reach the final tier on the space elevator. Making employee of the month I believe is the final Achievement. To produce high tier components at any decent rate takes an incredible amount of lower production, logistics and power. It would take a lot of hours on a first play through to get through the tiers without some sort of cheesing it. Main advice is to think big, so like your little towers as comparison for just iron smelting I would normally have 32 smelters at minimum doing just iron.

There is so much flexibility there is no one way to do it. You could smelt at the mine then transport the goods or have one massive foundry being fed by mines from all over. You can do all transport with conveyors instead of trucks/trains/drones.

Like others have said I only build up in the air, my base is a huge area above the desert part of the map about 40m above it. My first bases had hundreds of conveyors, I recently changed it to trucks because of t he improvements they made to their pathing. Trains is what you really want but it takes awhile to get them fully unlocked.

I think for most people it becomes your first base that you think is big will really just end up starting base that provides the building resources you need to then begin the real base, but I wouldn't even start that process until after tier 6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Really kind of opened ended once you reach the final tier on the space elevator. Making employee of the month I believe is the final Achievement. To produce high tier components at any decent rate takes an incredible amount of lower production, logistics and power. It would take a lot of hours on a first play through to get through the tiers without some sort of cheesing it. Main advice is to think big, so like your little towers as comparison for just iron smelting I would normally have 32 smelters at minimum doing just iron.

There is so much flexibility there is no one way to do it. You could smelt at the mine then transport the goods or have one massive foundry being fed by mines from all over. You can do all transport with conveyors instead of trucks/trains/drones.

Like others have said I only build up in the air, my base is a huge area above the desert part of the map about 40m above it. My first bases had hundreds of conveyors, I recently changed it to trucks because of t he improvements they made to their pathing. Trains is what you really want but it takes awhile to get them fully unlocked.

I think for most people it becomes your first base that you think is big will really just end up starting base that provides the building resources you need to then begin the real base, but I wouldn't even start that process until after tier 6
Cool. I kind of liked how DSP had science/minute to quantify people's productivity. IIRC by the time I finished I had 4k science/minute, which meant I could do the last research level every minute, which I'm guessing is similar to "employee of the month".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
here's today's build, rotors! In the background is the copy-paste version next to some other mines.

1642297557764.png

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Cool. I kind of liked how DSP had science/minute to quantify people's productivity. IIRC by the time I finished I had 4k science/minute, which meant I could do the last research level every minute, which I'm guessing is similar to "employee of the month".
The ultimate endgame is to dump stuff into the AWESOME sink for points -> tickets -> useless statues, and beyond that the "endless" mode is to just get the highest points/minute you can. There is a theoretical max before you run out of resources/power, but even doing 10-20% of that is a pretty massive undertaking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The ultimate endgame is to dump stuff into the AWESOME sink for points -> tickets -> useless statues, and beyond that the "endless" mode is to just get the highest points/minute you can. There is a theoretical max before you run out of resources/power, but even doing 10-20% of that is a pretty massive undertaking.
Cool, that's probably what I'm looking for. Is that something a lot of people actually do? In DSP you could infinitely improve mining speed, drone speed etc with exponentially increasing costs, so there was a benefit to scaling up your research. I'm guessing there's nothing similar in Satisfactory?

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
my first "double wide" factory. Copied my reinforced steel plate factory and then built a screw factory next to it and topped it with 2x bolted frame assemblers. I'm actually using the route images I'm making to help attach all the belts / lifts. The AreaAction mod not replicating them is a pretty big limited on scalability of my approach. Now that I'm getting more used to the Smart! mod I'm thinking about transitioning to just mining the raw elements and transporting them to giant floating factories in the sky. I think that'll be faster than artisinally creating mini-factories in-situ, but I'm sure it'll come with its own problems.

1642346905979.png

1642352341239.png

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It's been a long time since I played this but I played a lot leading up to the addition of pipes and nuke power. I never could get mini factories to work as efficiently as I wanted while having their outputs available for bigger and better things down stream. I ended up always making huge factories with massive main buses and just oversaturated everything. Eventually most things would saturate and stop taking resources off the main bus and it's easier to see then which belts are not saturated and add on to that production.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"inventory space isn't an issue"

*has 80% of inventory occupied by 40 carefully chosen items and quantities*

*spends weekend creating a "main storage area" to quickly choose and balance item quantities*

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just about refactoring my starting base to accommodate my mini-factory in-situ approach. I created a semi-circle (accidentally, a heart) bus that wraps around where I chucked my space elevator. I'm probably going to create a "basic copper" mini-factory out of my copper mess. No idea how well this will scale with future tiers or an increase in production. It's refreshing how compliant the belts are in this game compared to dyson sphere program.

1642421285408.png

base1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
"inventory space isn't an issue"

*has 80% of inventory occupied by 40 carefully chosen items and quantities*

*spends weekend creating a "main storage area" to quickly choose and balance item quantities*
We may have falsely assumed you had a greater inclination towards being efficient. There is no task you could actively be doing that requires 40 items.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just about refactoring my starting base to accommodate my mini-factory in-situ approach. I created a semi-circle (accidentally, a heart) bus that wraps around where I chucked my space elevator. No idea how well this will scale with future tiers or an increase in production. It's refreshing how compliant the belts are in this game compared to dyson sphere program.

View attachment 393297
Those conveyors should probably be stacked, this isn't the Texas freeway system.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Those conveyors should probably be stacked, this isn't the Texas freeway system.
What's the advantage to stacking them? I kept them unstacked to allow me to stack the same type later, and make it easier to add a splitter / merger to the one I want.