Satisfactory

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Random graphics from vids that are useful :

1. Planned map changes through final release (Green is complete, red some changes which shouldn't affect present factory placement, white major changes inc so avoid for now)

2. Flattish option for train route around whole map (red line)

3. Splitter / Merger set ups for various calculated outputs

final map changes.PNG

main train loop.PNG

splitter balancing.PNG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Another random thing I hadn't looked at before is blueprints - copy/paste structures ranging from small to enormous into your game.

I'm sure everyone knows about the Interactive Map :

There's loads of amazing blueprints you can copy into your game hosted there :

This guy does a decent series explaining how to use them (go to later vid in series if you've already built into your map using the SCIM) :

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What do people use to bring stuff back to the HUB and put them in a "mall"(or whatever)? Do you just travel through hypertubes and carry stuff? Trucks? Looks like there's flying cargo later in the game?
I love the truck mechanic in the game. Especially Explorer . Plotting the paths in them is a fun break from the typical gameplay loops and watching them all race around is more satisfying for me than seeing belts spreading around. I never used trains / drones.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Another random thing I hadn't looked at before is blueprints.

I'm sure everyone knows about the Interactive Map :
Biggest thing I'd want before doing another playthrough of Satisfactory is a blueprint system to copy-paste factories. https://ficsit.app/mod/6vQ6ckVYFiidDh exists and I enjoyed it, but doesn't connect the belts / tubes, making it pretty tiresome to scale up production.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The mod Smart! might be what you're looking for, it doesn't copy paste but it does automatically add and connect belts and copies recipes when planting a new building next to an existing one. That's what I used for scaling up and it makes it extremely fast. For example if you have a manufacturer, putting a manufacturer right next to the existing one it will copy the recipe the existing one is using, as well as installing splitters in front of each of the 4 inputs (at varying heights so they don't overlap/clip), connect belts from the 4 splitters to the inputs, connect belts from the 4 splitters on the original manufacturer to the splitters on the new manufacturer. Does the same thing with mergers on the outputs. It's not perfect but it mostly worked in my experience.
It can't do fluid pipes yet though.
That's what I used for scaling up, building the original factories took a while but I layed them out with expansion in mind so there was always heaps of space to put down another 5-10 assemblers, forges or whatever and scale up production. The only expansion that took time was when I hit the belt speed limit for a particular item (I'm looking at you caterium wire!) so I'd have to have two belts bringing that item in.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
These are the mods I'm using. I've been playing since it released on Epic and I've never used any mods before so I've gone all in this playthrough. I'm also using the Hard Drive Cheat mod (craft hard drives from basic steel plates. I've never liked how they implemented alternate recipes and I hate just going all over the map to get thew Hard Drives.

mods used.PNG

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The mod Smart! might be what you're looking for, it doesn't copy paste but it does automatically add and connect belts and copies recipes when planting a new building next to an existing one. That's what I used for scaling up and it makes it extremely fast. For example if you have a manufacturer, putting a manufacturer right next to the existing one it will copy the recipe the existing one is using, as well as installing splitters in front of each of the 4 inputs (at varying heights so they don't overlap/clip), connect belts from the 4 splitters to the inputs, connect belts from the 4 splitters on the original manufacturer to the splitters on the new manufacturer. Does the same thing with mergers on the outputs. It's not perfect but it mostly worked in my experience.
It can't do fluid pipes yet though.
That's what I used for scaling up, building the original factories took a while but I layed them out with expansion in mind so there was always heaps of space to put down another 5-10 assemblers, forges or whatever and scale up production. The only expansion that took time was when I hit the belt speed limit for a particular item (I'm looking at you caterium wire!) so I'd have to have two belts bringing that item in.
Yeah I used Smart!, it's great. It's better for building mega factories on large plates, which isn't what I really liked doing in Satisfactory. If I played again and had the ability to copy-paste factories I'd probably continue my approach of having copy-pasted mini-factories co-located with resources. That's more of a personal preference thing than anything, because transporting raw resources around the map is about as easy as transporting build resources.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
These are the mods I'm using. I've been playing since it released on Epic and I've never used any mods before so I've gone all in this playthrough. I'm also using the Hard Drive Cheat mod (craft hard drives from basic steel plates. I've never liked how they implemented alternate recipes and I hate just going all over the map to get thew Hard Drives.
I liked the hard drive and exploration part of the game but it got stale long before I finished unlocking everything. If I replayed I would 100% cheat to get all the hard drives. And probably to get all the slugs. I ended the game with a huge sack of slugs that I never used.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Get the power suit so u you can fly all over freely, requires end game components so it's not crazy game breaking. Then get a mod to show crash sites. I thought I was close to having them all until this, was barely half way

Smart! Is great, but I agree that a copy&paste factory would be cool. Find a few common components, click a factory, and bam. Kinda over dropping lines of constructors then assemblers..

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just picked this up a couple weeks ago and have been casually fucking around with it ever since. It scratches my building itch, and with amazing graphics. I'm nowhere near where some of you are, but with the combination of just leaving it running 24/7 and being able to log in from work and turn in tasks etc. I have made it all the way to Tier 7/8 with basically just a shit pile of random machines and belts halfway across the planet. After I get aluminum set up and a hover suit, I'll start thinking about a real base. This is a lot like modded minecraft for me though, because I always just have a barely functional, half-retarded setup that I'm always "going to get around to cleaning up" later, and never do.

However, I thought you guys might be interested in the new update coming. Or pissed, depending upon how much time you spent without this QoL feature.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've started playing Satisfactory multiplayer recently. It's fun to work with others and see other people's build styles in game. I'm scaling up fuel production and building a computer factory while someone else is somewhere else working on a new motor and heavy frame factory.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So the experimental client has Update 8 live on it now, which is their move to Unreal 5. Loving the lumen stuff.

Their example of how surfaces aren't just kinda lit up like before and the value of lighting:

1687139567787.png

Some shots I took as I ran around building / tinkering w/ old saves to see the lighting changes:

1687139632070.png

1687139646116.png

1687139657675.png

1687139673651.png

1687139686997.png

1687139697609.png

1687139709928.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Haha man my factories are all going to be too dark to see in.. i might wait for some new content before i dive in though... maybe u9 will be go live including the story?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Update 8 is live in Early Access (UE5 update)

Looking forward to getting back around to this. Friend and I were talking about some dumb house rules like every building should be navigable by the little carts and/or there needs to be safe areas for 'tours' to come through, lol.

Just reasons for us to build certain ways and add certain aesthetics somewhat consistently instead of throwing up boxes around things.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'm considering giving this a go again. Dunno if I will restart or just continue from my last save, I've completed everything and unlocked everything.

I never had the patience to get trains setup right so I have tons of belts everywhere. I didn't see what advantage trains have given a belt carries stuff to it.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It's been a long time since I've played and every time I see an update here or on Steam I'm tempted to fire it back up since I really enjoyed it the first time.

For me the decision to use trains vs belts came down to scaling. Even if you think you're making your belt network big enough it won't be. Increasing throughput on a train is super easy; just add another car. Increasing throughput on a map-spanning belt will make you quit the game. The fact that trains also act like powerlines is a added bonus. I also remember hearing that trains are easier on rendering than belts out to the horizon.

Ultimately though, in a sandbox game like this, advanced tech exist to provide a way to challenge yourself and try new things. You could (at least at the time I quit) finish all the space elevator missions with coal power, Mk1 belts, and sub-optimal designs. To me, the point economy/manufacturing games like this is optimization and trains are one avenue to do that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I built some trains on my one playthrough just to fuck around, but also mostly for my own personal travel. They didn't seem super practical. But that was years ago, so maybe they're better now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Using vehicles was an easy choice for me because there's nothing like that in DSP or Factorio. Factorio is constant train logsitics and DSP is all drones. Belts for long-distance transport is cheeks in all games.

• 1Like