Votes: 48 46.2%
  • Easier ruleset, faster xp, less harsh death

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Prefer raid content instanced

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Prefer raid content not instanced and contested

Votes: 32 30.8%

• Total voters
I just don't like the idea of random-ness for loot. It is terrible when someone has to camp something for 40+ hours, and bad when someone walks into a camp and kills a named and gets it first drop too. I think it should all be fixed. For example you could get rid of all placeholders, just have the nameds always in their place. Then instead of them dropping the item you need, it drops a component. So the Ghoul Lord drops, "A broken fragment of the Short Sword of the Ykesha." You get 4 of those and return it to town and an NPC or crafter will combine it and it produces the sword. So the respawn is 30 minutes, you show up and get 1 piece, and in 2 hours you have the sword. No lucky bastards get it first shot, and no poor bastards camp it for days because of bad luck.

Basic items could be faster, uber items could require more components, maybe from multiple nameds, etc. MMOs annoy me because EQ is totally harsh and old school, and everything else is a McMMO where nobody can lose and everything is easy. There is nothing in between.

EQ is dying, and they're milking the last bits they can out of it.

Been that way since the second round of Progression servers.
I just hope before it dies, they try a bunch of different progression servers. Looking at the poll results currently less than a quarter of people want Defiant gear and Mercs, and yet all legit EQ servers have those things. Around a third of people like the concept of "Locked in time" yet there is only 1 server like that which just came out.... Ridiculous. I'd like to see them give people what they want and see what happens.

Cybsled

Can I pick the option where I go back in time and sell my character for a fuckton of money back in Velious, when I was probably one of the best equipped monks in the game? ;(

Every single piece of monk loot from every single raid in the game, including only sleeper robe on server and every single Vulak drop (we farmed the fuck out of him before they nerfed him into a boring ring event). I also had a GM title ;p

edit: To clarify, all/all means monk loot

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If anyone wants to put together a Classic team PVP classic server and can handle the technical side of running it shoot me a PM, Ill handle the finances.

Lendarios Lendarios

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user
Can I pick the option where I go back in time and sell my character for a fuckton of money back in Velious,
Same. Wish I sold my guy, he would have been worth a good amount during Kunark. I just let him rot :/

If anyone wants to put together a Classic team PVP classic server and can handle the technical side of running it shoot me a PM, Ill handle the finances.

Lendarios Lendarios
That one was cool in EQ. Good races vs Evil and the "Neuts" running around.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Instances and boxing have completely undermined what was once the essence of everquest. Guilds had to cooperate for the health and stability of a server. Now every unemployed, socially inept fuckwad (faceless empire) has license to act like a tool because those relationships are no longer necessary.

• 4Salty
  • 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Spill the beans already why you are so butthurt about Faceless.

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
The thing that fucks up my head about EQ is that if I logged in, there's probably still 1 or 2 of the guys that I used to at least talk to on the server chat who are keeping the shit real and slaying the dragon.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The thing that fucks up my head about EQ is that if I logged in, there's probably still 1 or 2 of the guys that I used to at least talk to on the server chat who are keeping the shit real and slaying the dragon.

I literally had that moment last year when I logged into my original character. Within 5 minutes I saw a guy I knew from 2002 in the Plane of Knowledge, flying the same guild tag he did back then. I was totally floored.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Instances and boxing have completely undermined what was once the essence of everquest. Guilds had to cooperate for the health and stability of a server. Now every unemployed, socially inept fuckwad (faceless empire) has license to act like a tool because those relationships are no longer necessary.
Tell the story you pussy

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

If you aren't willing to tell us what happened how the fuck do you expect anything to ever change? We've literally seen FE's leadership crack down on 2 members, one a fucking officer of the guild, because of reports of douchebaggery here on this forum. If you have something to say just say it. If you don't say anything we are all naturally going to assume you're full of shit, since FE has shown itself to care here in the past.

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Bro, I wish I was unemployed and could spend more time with the pixels. Spill the beans or move on.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This guy is a fucking faggot Jesus Christ

Well here's his avatar then.

the_crucifixion_of_christ_041711.jpg

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
EverQuest will forever be in my heart and mind, but to get me to play it again, it would need to be a drastically different game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played on a emu server that did away with placeholders. I thought it was great. You still had to do the work, but not sit for 30 hrs work.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It does fucks up the economy a bit, but that economy deserved to be fucked, you want and FBSS, you camp the named, you get the item, make it no drop and problem solved. They should also allow for quest items to be banked across your account, even if they are no drop/

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It does fucks up the economy a bit, but that economy deserved to be fucked, you want and FBSS, you camp the named, you get the item, make it no drop and problem solved. They should also allow for quest items to be banked across your account, even if they are no drop/

You already have faggot farming nodrop items in order to sell "looting rights"

Cybsled

People forget the camp mafias that used to be run in EQ1. There would literally be people locking the spawn down 24/7.

Which is why the art of stealth trains was so important ;p

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's obvious by now that you're just a butthurt faggot with no legitimate gripe or you would have said it by now.

• 1Like