Scenes that made you cry like a bitch

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a man Ian never got to know, the man he was growing up to be. He's a good-looking clear-eyed fella... about 25. I can see him. He's the type of guy men want to be around, because he has integrity, you know ? He has character. You can't fake that. And he's a guy women want to be around, too. Because there's tenderness in him... respect... and loyalty, and courage. And women respond to that. Makes him a terrific husband, this guy. I see him as a father. That's where he really shines. See, when he looks in his kid's eyes and that kid knows that his dad really, really sees him... he sees who he is. Then that child knows that he is an amazing person. He's quite a guy... that I'll never get to meet. I wish I had.

It's like someone intentionally designed a movie to fuck with people
The really amazing thing is that the director basically hasn't done shit else in his career.

Dworkk

N00b
Brian's Song the original with Billy Dee Williams and James Caan.
Growing up a Bear's fan that movie had bawling like a girl 1st time I saw it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
50/50 got to me pretty bad, especially the scene in the jeep. While I never shed a tear during "The Road", that's probably the most downright depressing movie I've ever seen. Watching that fucking movie takes something out of you.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Reading the book of The Road, when the father has his last talk with the son, that got to me. The only book that ever really has like that.

When I saw Les Miserables years ago and old girl comes back to take Valjean to heaven. Shit was powerful, bros.

spronk

FPS noob
when i saw angelina jolies tits in hackers, i wept like jesus had come back. her ass in tomb raiders didn't have the same impact though, thats when I knew i had grown up

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I had a hard time keeping it together for most of I Am Sam

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have a few very odd movies.

Only movie I cried a bit during it as a kid was Ernest Scared Stupid when Rimshot his dog is turned to wood and he has him on his dashboard trying to drive back and save him and he is balling his eyes out. I misted up quite a bit.

More recently the following movies have made me tear up a bit and all for odd reasons.

Spider-Man 2 when Spidey loses his mask on the Subway and he is just beat down and the people hand him his mask back. It got to me.
Which brings me to Batman: The Dark Knight at the end when he is taking the brunt of the peoples rage and running because he can take it.

Lastly was Battle: Los Angeles, this one has a bit of story to it. The main character was a Marine at Camp Pendleton and a SSgt and was getting out of the Marines. At the same time I was a Marine at Camp Pendleton and a SSgt and was getting out of the Marines. He goes through all that hell and puts in everything he has and then at the end he tells the officer that he already had breakfast as he's loading up to go back out again and all his Marines follow suit. Man oh man, I had to hide in the theater and make sure everyone else was gone before I left with my sunglasses on. The motorcycle was in the shop so the wife picked me up at the theater and was shocked to see actual tear tracks down my cheeks.

I haven't cried at any other occasion other than the death of my daughter (very little there just was too much shock) and the death of my dad a year ago and that was for a few days.

Like I said, some odd things to cry during.

Szlia

I am an easy target and cry at movies too often to make a list (though I should try and be scientific about it, because some things make me all teary eyed when barely intended to be sad and some obvious tear-pulling moments have little to no effect... meh). I'll list the latest time I got really gripped almost instantly and turned into a fountain: I was at a film festival where one of the screen was devoted every day from early morning to late in the night to Mark Cousins' 15 hours long documentary on film history called The Story of Film: An Odyssey. I had a gap between two movies so I hopped in at about the start of Episode 10 (1969-1979: Radical Directors in the 70s - Make State of the Nation Movies). Basically the guy reads his book over clips from different movies and he showed clips from a 1971 japanese documentary titled 'Minamata: The Victims and Their World'. No more explanation needed, the clip from Cousins' documentary is on youTube (and I cried again):

Jais

Trakanon Raider
We Were Soldiers Once, dudes leaving their families in the early morning for formation to deploy, and the whole "Sgt MacKenzie " song scene.
Gods and Generals, scene at Fredericksburg with the Irish killing the Irish.
Ken Burn's Civil War, Sullivan Ballou's letter.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a man Ian never got to know, the man he was growing up to be. He's a good-looking clear-eyed fella... about 25. I can see him. He's the type of guy men want to be around, because he has integrity, you know ? He has character. You can't fake that. And he's a guy women want to be around, too. Because there's tenderness in him... respect... and loyalty, and courage. And women respond to that. Makes him a terrific husband, this guy. I see him as a father. That's where he really shines. See, when he looks in his kid's eyes and that kid knows that his dad really, really sees him... he sees who he is. Then that child knows that he is an amazing person. He's quite a guy... that I'll never get to meet. I wish I had.

It's like someone intentionally designed a movie to fuck with people
Seriously.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Laugh at me all you want, but the only time I ever cried in a theatre was when Spock died in Wrath of Khan. I think my old man cried like a bitch when no one was looking during that, too. That whole drawn out scene in the engineering was a gut wrencher for any die hard star trek fan. Big Fish did it to me later in life.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Laugh at me all you want, but the only time I ever cried in a theatre was when Spock died in Wrath of Khan. I think my old man cried like a bitch when no one was looking during that, too. That whole drawn out scene in the engineering was a gut wrencher for any die hard star trek fan.
That is some nerdy shit right there.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
How fortuitous we bring up nerd shit. I straight up sob like a bitch when Aragorn says, "My friends, you bow to no one." and the ENTIRETY of Minas fucking Tirith goes to their knees before these little hobbits. I'm a grown-ass man (theoretically) and that scene always gets me.

It was a long ass time ago, but I remember feeling kind of weepy in Stir of Echoes when the two dudes assault the Samantha.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
cinderella man (out of joy) when he won against all odds (after buildup).

somewhere in pianist when german officer tells MC to remember him or something. The whole movie was raw.