Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
New Form Of Atomic Nuclei Just Confirmed, And it Suggests Time Travel is Impossible

A new form of atomic nuclei has been confirmed by scientists in a recent study published in the journal Physical Review Letters. The pear-shaped, asymmetrical nuclei, first observed in 2013 by researchers from CERN in the isotope Radium-224, is also present in the isotope Barium-144.

This is a monumental importance because most fundamental theories in physics are based on symmetry. This recent confirmation shows that it is possible to have a nuclei that has more mass on one side than the other. "This violates the theory of mirror symmetry and relates to the violation shown in the distribution of matter and antimatter in our Universe," said Marcus Scheck of University of the West of Scotland, one of the authors of the study.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This uneven distribution of mass and charge in the nuclei causes the isotope to 'point' in a certain direction in spacetime, and the team suggests that this could explain why time seems to to only go forward and not backward.
Um....what?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
None of you guys follow math or science close enough. There's already some asshole writing a paper about how that mass is actually hidden in another dimension, and thus this probably PROVES time travel.

Nice discovery, but also one of the reasons I so strongly come out against unproven scientific supposition in this thread repeatedly. Saying this discovery has anything to do with time travel is stupid until you display that it does.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
This is why hippies and hipsters are the worst. Hurr durr we know nothing about even basic biology but fuck you GMOs are terrible because my feeeeeels!

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
This is why hippies and hipsters are the worst. Hurr durr we know nothing about even basic biology but fuck you GMOs are terrible because my feeeeeels!
It's mind boggling that the hippies listen to the scientists on global warming, but not GMO's.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They are also against Nuclear power so they only listen to some of the science. They honestly hate technology and want everyone to be vegans.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's mind boggling that the hippies listen to the scientists on global warming, but not GMO's.
All the factually wrong "documentaries " on Netflix about GMOs and the most evil entity that has every existed in humam history...Monsanto.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
All the factually wrong "documentaries " on Netflix about GMOs and the most evil entity that has every existed in humam history...Monsanto.
Monsanto is pretty shitty honestly but their business practices only seem especially sharp because they are dealing with farmers and shit. If they did the same thing in personal computers people would just be like "business world is tough man" but we have this picturesque view of farmers living off the land and being the backbone of America.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I wonder how they feel about drug discovery and development, or hell even basic research employing the same molecular and recombinant techniques used in the development of GMOs? Oh wait, I compared it to drug discovery, I forgot pharmaceutical companies are the only comparable evil entities to Monsanto.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how they feel about drug discovery and development, or hell even basic research employing the same molecular and recombinant techniques used in the development of GMOs? Oh wait, I compared it to drug discovery, I forgot pharmaceutical companies are the only comparable evil entities to Monsanto.
Is big pharma doing any of that now or are they still mining old herbal remedies for active ingredients and then spending 70% of their budget whining about the FDA?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Monsanto is pretty shitty honestly but their business practices only seem especially sharp because they are dealing with farmers and shit. If they did the same thing in personal computers people would just be like "business world is tough man" but we have this picturesque view of farmers living off the land and being the backbone of America.
I mean you sort of need to be a dick when a single one of your soy beans that took hundreds of millions to create could, in theory, be used to create all the soy beans needed by all the farmers in America to produce their crops

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Is big pharma doing any of that now or are they still mining old herbal remedies for active ingredients and then spending 70% of their budget whining about the FDA?
Yes, but FDA doesn't help the matter. I mean they are necessary but such a drain

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I mean you sort of need to be a dick when a single one of your soy beans that took hundreds of millions to create could, in theory, be used to create all the soy beans needed by all the farmers in America to produce their crops
If you decided to clone it in labs. Most farmers dropped the practice of making seeds because their seeds were usually less productive (because they did reproduce in the wild rather than a lab) after a generation or two, compared to the seed manufacturer's products.

Most productive varieties these days are hybrids anyway, they're naturally sterile. Ask a farmer if he wants a sterile hybrid every year or home-made seeds with 15% less yield per acre, and see what his answer is.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You can pretty determine with damn near perfect accuracy what someone's political affiliations/opinions are just by asking them what their views on climate change and GMO's are. If they think climate change is real, but that GMO's are awful, then they're somewhere on the left. If they think climate change isn't real and that GMO's are terrific, then they're on the right. If they think climate change is real and that GMO's are safe, they're probably somewhere in the middle and don't just adopt doctrinaire stances based on their political affiliation. If they think that climate change isn't real and that GMO's are awful, then they're probably retarded.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really hope this is successful, their lobbying against GMO's like Golden Rice is absolutely despicable. Golden Rice is a GMO rice breed that produces vitamin A, and a lack of it can be fatal or cause blindness. The strain is given away to 3rd world countries for free, no licensing. There was a huge effort to produce Golden Rice by public organizations and Green Peace managed to convince all these third world countries it was essentially poison. They're perfectly okay with little kids going blind or dying to advocate for this nonsense, it's so infuriating and just downright disgusting.