Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm holding out for x ray vision.

Granted with yoga pants it's a lot less fun. But I think in another 10 years the fashion will swing back to large obstructionary clothing. And I need to be prepared to see what they got going on under there.

In 10 years 80% of America will make Lena Dunham look super model skinny, not sure X-Ray vision would be a good thing then.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
jPeM1cd.jpg

• 1Worf

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
What a nonsense article. First , researchers in china! I am going to be a bit skeptical right from the start until this thing is being replicated in other places in the world. Second, quantum teleportation and sci-fi teleportation have pretty much only the spelling in common. Third, 900 cases out of millions successful... Yeah keep on plugging until your teleportation has at least the reliability of the one from Spaceballs: The movie and then we can talk.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As an offshoot of the already retarded quantum entanglement, quantum teleportation is complete and total bullshit.

• 1Picard

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
As an offshoot of the already retarded quantum entanglement, quantum teleportation is complete and total bullshit.

You sure you want to be that strong about it?

The funny thing is, There literally is no examples of anything except gravity being 100% instantaneous action in observed science. It is always calculated in applied math as instantaneous action. The existence of gravity waves is a huge mathematical mess where gravity is allowed to act instantly, but the propagation of new information of its strength is limited to the speed of light. It requires some strange logical mind bending, like the acceptance that gravity itself is a field that permeates all of space, rather than a force that is emitted from sources. It leads to lots of strange logical problems in accepting how it works, such as the field itself is required to known in advance where the body it is following is going, which in essence is an attempt to hide the FTL force of gravity from laymen mathematicians, but it does work mathematically.

To me, the gravity part of General relativity is silly, but its not nearly as fundamentally broken at every level as QE is

I'll agree as far as this. Gravity waves aren't completely excluded yet. They are simply to the level of 'unlikely' to be detected. Mathematically, the certainty is about 99% that waves should have been detected, but to exclude them reasonably, certainty must reach ~2x10^-7 that the results are accurate. I don't know the exact capabilities of LIGO when it relaunched its new version, but it will likely take 2-4 years to either discover gravity waves or exclude the theory.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You sure you want to be that strong about it?

Yes. Note that I accepted gravity waves could be possible. I can go into detail about the problems and future implications of gravity waves, but it has little to do with QE. I have and will continue to say that QE is entirely bullshit.

The results of QE experiments could be exactly replicated if the crystals that split light also inversely polarized the related photons. I've stated before it would mean every possible experiment with QE could just be a deceptive repetition of Malus's Law (The results match exactly). Beyond that, the entire theorem that QE is based on requires that same particles are used. Photons do not qualify the warrants in the theorem, and QE scientists generally just ignore this fact with no good explanation.

QE is bullshit. It and all subsidiary theories are less scientific than bible studies. At least jesus probably lived.

• 1Picard

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Science deals with percentiles, almost nothing is considered completely verified. Even the original gravity wave detection is only a detection of that experiment verified to a certain %chance of being detected. It could still be an anomaly, and the experiment itself hasn't be independently verified. If science itself bothers you, please leave!

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They've since had other detections of gravity waves but Furry gotta furry.

This is the guy who disbelieved negative numbers.

They detected that positrons were moving faster than the speed of light near cern over and over again with the same experiment, did that make their claim true?

All detections of gravity waves have been from the exact same experiment running in the same conditions. Independent verification and replicativeness is a cornerstone of the scientific process.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
They detected that positrons were moving faster than the speed of light near cern over and over again with the same experiment, did that make their claim true?

All detections of gravity waves have been from the exact same experiment running in the same conditions. Independent verification and replicativeness is a cornerstone of the scientific process.

Translation from furry speak:

"This unrelated thing was discovered to be untrue, so my opponent's argument is flawed."

I don't even...

• 1Worf

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider

LIGOs_Dual_Detectors.jpg

If they built a dozen more detectors would you still say the results were inconclusive because they're all running the same conditions?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Correct, both locations are part of the same experiment.

And sure, my example of a systemic fault in a singular experiment resulting in a completely erroneous conclusion has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility of systemic fault in a singular experiment resulting in a completely erroneous conclusion.

Verification and replicativeness, if you don't believe in these you don't believe in science.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like