Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The pill or the dick?
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it has a Chinese name or Indian name on the authors, just throw the paper on the trash. It is garbage.
I worked on a project where the only available papers were chinese and from 1960ish ; they were ok. I dont know if it changed.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Accidental discovery, looks really promising. They found a completely new type of T cell in some blood they were experimenting with, a Tcell that can match to a protein found on most cancers, allowing a broad treatment. Human trials starting soon.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How is that math? Single celled organisms can make similar choices. Going for reward instead of the path with no reward is the fundamental premise of life succeding.

Extremely stupid.
You know how I know you didn’t read the article?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You know how I know you didn’t read the article?
Notice what I said. This test has divided paths and the bee chooses the one with the reward. There is at best scientific correlation to the choice of path, and that is weak at best... Allowing two paths for two choices opens up a massive window on the bees learning to overcome the test with their senses that she completely fails to address. Her listed measure are vastly insufficient to cover potential possibilities.

That's why tests like this typically use a SINGLE path or reward and require the animal to display a choice prior to accessing the said path. The simplest version of this would be a chimp being trained to hit the correct button and a reward being produced. The buttons are the choice, the reward or no reward comes from a single path. This is required to show that the choice held weight in the animal's decision. If you had two buttons and one had food under it and the other didn't, the chimp would learn quickly to hit the one with food not because of any grand choice, but because there was food.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Notice what I said. This test has divided paths and the bee chooses the one with the reward. There is at best scientific correlation to the choice of path, and that is weak at best... Allowing two paths for two choices opens up a massive window on the bees learning to overcome the test with their senses that she completely fails to address. Her listed measure are vastly insufficient to cover potential possibilities.

That's why tests like this typically use a SINGLE path or reward and require the animal to display a choice prior to accessing the said path. The simplest version of this would be a chimp being trained to hit the correct button and a reward being produced. The buttons are the choice, the reward or no reward comes from a single path. This is required to show that the choice held weight in the animal's decision. If you had two buttons and one had food under it and the other didn't, the chimp would learn quickly to hit the one with food not because of any grand choice, but because there was food.
You know how I know you didn't read the article?

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You know how I know you didn't read the article?
I think it could be argued that the bees in this study are smarter than you. At least they'll produce an answer, however they got it.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think it could be argued that the bees in this study are smarter than you. At least they'll produce an answer, however they got it.
That is certainly an argument that can be made but you would not know its conclusions because you wouldn't read it.