Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The houses arent and werent intended to be a reference to loopholes at all. They were intended to display for a simple guy what standard of proof is and how to meet it scientifically. Thats why I progressed from an ultra simple version to the loophole version at the end where even what you study must come under question. How are you so dense that you managed to mess that up? Then on top of that you claim that they didn't measure light. Sure the experiment stores stuff in electrons, but how do we measure those electrons? Derp.

As for the warrant of testing against something that adds up to one, its an extremely valid concern with the base of QE experiments on a whole. We don't understand light on so many levels. Making claims that this somehow proves bells theorum, a theorum devised to test REAL PARTICLES, when we don't even know if light satisfies that warrant is certainly worthy of question.

I didn't even fucking read this shitty experiment and I know more about it than you. Jesus christ.

malaki_sl

shitlord
Is your argument that if light is involved in any step of the process, then it can't be physics? Do you believe in seeing things with your own eyes or not? Like how do you read forum posts? Seems like 'measuring light' to me.

The only property of light that was used for the experimental data in the measurement is brightness, so let's start there as a building block. Do you believe that light can have different intensities, or do you think it's impossible to know for sure?

I know this is what I get from not lurking this thread harder, but this experiment was actually really awesome so I thought I'd come by and see what was being said.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is your argument that if light is involved in any step of the process, then it can't be physics? Do you believe in seeing things with your own eyes or not? Like how do you read forum posts? Seems like 'measuring light' to me.
My argument is that measuring light is measuring light. Your argument was that this experiment wasn't measuring light. Glad to see you're agreeing with me on that much at least now.

Now light can be measured, we'll agree there too, so you can stop with the silly questions about if we can measure light.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My argument is that measuring light is measuring light. Your argument was that this experiment wasn't measuring light. Glad to see you're agreeing with me on that much at least now.

Now light can be measured, we'll agree there too, so you can stop with the silly questions about if we can measure light.
So now Furry doesn't believe in QM, General Relativity, or light apparently.

malaki_sl

shitlord
Ok, so we've established we can measure light intensity. Now I have a system where there are two intensity levels, bright and dark. I can do a randomizing procedure where I can make it so there's a 50/50 chance of being bright or dark on the next measurement, no matter if it was previously bright or dark. The system otherwise remains bright/dark if it isn't randomized.

I take two of these systems, separate them by 1km. I do some procedure, when it works, I send a message to both locations. They decide whether to randomize or not-randomize, then measure brightness. We later compare the results. Whenever they both made the same choice, they got the same brightness level, whenever they didn't, they agreed only 50% of the time.

This isn't possible for two independent randomizations of pre-defined states. Either the locations are talking to each other (not possible by causality), I fucked up my statistics (fair sampling, experimental details), the 'free choices' I thought I was making on switching were pre-determined somehow, or the actual systems themselves do not exist in independent, pre-defined states. We are now down to the last two being possible.

Let me know which part you object to here and we can get through this.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
How does the electron even come into play, you're describe a common as QE experiment. is the electron just an extra step at the end to end act as a filter for results as an attempt to hide that you're still measuring filtered light like every other QE exper, and you're going to try to say fair sampling loophole has been closed? I just don't even.

Your explanation of the experiment probably sucks, and I aint reading that shit yet.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's Furry's thing. Declare he's not even going to read the experiment, say some irrelevant shit that shows he doesn't even understand what's going on, then claim he's so smart he's debunked it anyways.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh go oh god... he just pulled a, "I don't like what you're saying, so I'm not reading your post!"
Obviously i meant im not reading his post after responding to it, and not the actual pdf which i've repeatedly said I won't read.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Obviously i meant im not reading his post after responding to it, and not the actual pdf which i've repeatedly said I won't read.
I'm not sure how you think you can claim to be all about real science while at the same time debunking experiments you refuse to even read the details of

malaki_sl

shitlord
How does the electron even come into play
Whether the system is bright or dark depends on the electron spin state - the 'system' I talk about is an electron. If it is spin up lets say, it fluoresces intensely, while it is nearly perfectly dark when it is spin down. The system is 'randomized' by applying a rotation to the electron spin that puts it into a superposition w/50-50 chance of being measured bright or dark. Light is only involved in this step to measure the electron spin (as I was saying originally) because directly detecting a single spin with electronics is way, way noisier and more difficult than looking at spin-dependent fluorescence.

Fair sampling is closed because the spin state can be read out almost perfectly in this way, F ~ 97%. So, when entanglement is generated between the two electron spins, they are measured every time with an error/loss rate of only 3%. This is difficult in other experiments because it's hard to have single-photon detectors at telecom wavelengths that are this efficient, much less have the entire system reach this number.

I still don't understand why you object so strenuously to 'filtered light' in any case.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't profess to know enough about any of this stuff to even argue, but I sort of feel like if you pull the "I didn't even read it" card, you shouldn't even be arguing about it. Am I wrong here?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, but that's Furry's thing and why nobody takes him seriously. That and him not knowing basically fundamental facts yet acts like he's an expert

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
No, but that's Furry's thing and why nobody takes him seriously. That and him not knowing basically fundamental facts yet acts like he's an expert
My name was invoked, I simply responded to defend my e-honour. It wasn't me bringing this crap here.