Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
rrr_img_136717.jpg
My favorite episode of the Simpsons ever.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Perhaps the idea behind 2,4-D ready plants is that if you could make plants that are immune to both chemicals and then spray crops with both at once and reduce the chances that weeds that are developing resistance to one or the other will survive to pass on their DNA.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Wtf? That is definitely not "the main argument". I have literally never even heard of that before today
Well, people are against GMOs because they are against GMOs. They're not against GMOs for reasons. The arguments come after to justify being against GMOs. If an argument doesn't work, there's plenty where they came from.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Yea resistant weeds just mean you have to use old fashioned plowing and hired choppers. It's not a big deal, other than cost.

Talked to my dad today and there's a new cotton tech that uses a different herbicide (forgot the name sorry) that has been around awhile. All the farmers around here jumped on it and bought a bunch of seed. Then the EPA didn't give them approval on it. So they sold the seed before they had EPA approval haha. There's tons of the stuff already planted and up and being sprayed now.

The 24d ready stuff got approved, but the company that got the approval wasn't expecting it and didn't have any seed ready.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Wtf? That is definitely not "the main argument". I have literally never even heard of that before today
Strange, it's the main argument I've heard. Seems others here haven't heard it either. Try Googling "GMOs cause superbugs and weeds".Thisisn't the top article, but it's from the most "credible" source, Wired.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's up there with GMO foods lacking nutrients and GMO foods cause cancer. There's zero proof for any of that, but it gets college girls and middle aged white folks all in a tizzy.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Well, the way I see it is like this, even if GMOs do cause cancer: Either we all go back to regular farming, the food supply decreases, prices rise and poor people starve, or we use GMOs and some people maybe die of cancer in 20 years.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Except there is zero scientific data that remotely suggests GMOs cause cancer...

Edit - I mean if you wanted to you could modify something people eat to produce an oncogenic protein

iannis

Musty Nester
I honestly don't think that the anti GMO crowd realizes that without them our yields per acre go down to levels where the current population is unsustainable.

You wanna solve world hunger? Well, some white people already did that about 20 years ago. They made corn better. World hunger is a logistics problem not a supply problem.

And dude. The Jews have legumes that will grow in salt water. SALT WATER. I can be very jaded and difficult to impress, but that blows my fucking mind.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Except there is zero scientific data that remotely suggests GMOs cause cancer...

Edit - I mean if you wanted to you could modify something people eat to produce an oncogenic protein
Watched a basic home made YouTube video the other day about grilling and the dude says not to let any blackness or char happen to the meat because that char is made of carbon which is a carcinogen.

Carbon.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly don't think that the anti GMO crowd realizes that without them our yields per acre go down to levels where the current population is unsustainable.
No, they are well aware of that argument. They just have a dozen cherry picked responses to show why its just a big lie and we could all simply feed ourselves with community urban gardens if people weren't brainwashed by Monsanto and the big pharma devils.

Watched a basic home made YouTube video the other day about grilling and the dude says not to let any blackness or char happen to the meat because that char is made of carbon which is a carcinogen.

Carbon.
Was itorganic carbonthough? That makes all the difference!