Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just like everything bad that has happened in Ukraine, it was Russia's fault.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Just like everything bad that has happened in Ukraine, it was Russia's fault.
These things happen, like the time the russians accidentally drained the Ural sea and inappropriately dumped a lot of nuclear waste at what would be the center if anyone tried to refill it. Totally a big booboo.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
These things happen, like the time the russians accidentally drained the Ural sea and inappropriately dumped a lot of nuclear waste at what would be the center if anyone tried to refill it. Totally a big booboo.
They accidentally a flashlight. Is that dangerous?

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This tech can't get approved fast enough here in the US.
Interesting article. The print in concrete and the walls are hollow to be filled with insulation, piping etc. I think they need a solution to not having a true sloped roof but that can be solved pretty easily.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I like the tech, but the dust accumulation on those bumpy interior walls is going to be gross in a couple years. I'd spring for the more expensive version where they smooth the concrete as it sets, or at least plaster over it.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like the tech, but the dust accumulation on those bumpy interior walls is going to be gross in a couple years. I'd spring for the more expensive version where they smooth the concrete as it sets, or at least plaster over it.
This is the Euro version. Once we get involved in this the American version will look like this...

1621965484483.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Cybsled

Ya, inside walls would need to be plastered or smoothed out. Although it would also make wall mounting stuff more problematic when done after the fact, since you’d just have concrete behind whatever facade you slap on top of it

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya, inside walls would need to be plastered or smoothed out. Although it would also make wall mounting stuff more problematic when done after the fact, since you’d just have concrete behind whatever facade you slap on top of it
Hurricane insurance would be cheap as fuck though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to see what the actual cost is to produce. Also the logistics of it. It can't exactly be mobile. How do they connect the walls, etc.
It's an experimental system so any real cost is going to be yuge because it's built by engineers using the one of a kind hardware they designed and any "in 10+ years and when we built a million houses" cost is going to be total bullshit.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

It's definitely cool tech
I wonder how they run the plumbing/electrical. I'm sure it's not too hard. Would be funny if they did it while the concrete was being printed and drying.

3d printed windmill turbines seem weird. I'm not a civil engineer but I figured concrete would be out due to low tensile strength.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wonder how they run the plumbing/electrical. I'm sure it's not too hard. Would be funny if they did it while the concrete was being printed and drying.

3d printed windmill turbines seem weird. I'm not a civil engineer but I figured concrete would be out due to low tensile strength.
i read they leave the walls hollow for piping etc.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Seems like it should have some sort of steel reinforcement. Unreinforced concrete buildings seem to collapse during earthquakes. I know they said they were building the community in a "seismic zone" but that seems a little dicey to me. I'd guess most people would just frame traditional sheet rock walls inside with insulation and plumbing and electrical inside. Cutting holes in the concrete and fishing shit through it sounds like a nightmare.

They actually didn't really mention any benefits of this sort of construction in the video, just "hey look how cool it is".

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Seems like it should have some sort of steel reinforcement. Unreinforced concrete buildings seem to collapse during earthquakes. I know they said they were building the community in a "seismic zone" but that seems a little dicey to me. I'd guess most people would just frame traditional sheet rock walls inside with insulation and plumbing and electrical inside. Cutting holes in the concrete and fishing shit through it sounds like a nightmare.

They actually didn't really mention any benefits of this sort of construction in the video, just "hey look how cool it is".
The benefit is they can build them in days.