Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You're lookin at it all wrong.
You could quantum entangle 4 different animal cocks into your anus at the same time once the QE VR tech goes live.
Right up your alley.
Wow now, you want to get into an animal cock debate with me? I wrote up a big response on why you are just wrong. Much to the joy of the admin of this site, I've strongly rejected any attempt to bring my personal life here. I ask that you please stop asking. I don't want to involve you with my purist autism.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We've got some big brains on this board, so lets solve a little engineering problem: How to make xray / gamma ray lasers!

Why should we do this? Because it will make it easier to make better chips! And we need more / cheaper gpus!

So I'm thinking what we need is a way to attach a charge to photons. Then we can energize / smoosh the light with powerful magnets in a big ass coil or something. Then strip away the charge on the way out the "barrel". Ideas?

• 1Picard

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The magnet up / down stuff in the video was the smooshing :D

I didn't know about that place but I'm thinking more stuff that would fit inside one of asml's lithography machines.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
2 small joined spherical chambers filled with pressurized hydrogen gas, 2 powerful bar magnets spinning very fast opposite in the center of each sphere. Tweak pressure, size of the chambers, length of the magnets, rpms of the magnets spin, and strength of the magnetic field. Eventually you should get the atomic hydrogen shredding and spewing out radiation like a mini quasar.

Gather and focus it into a beam, voila. Sort of a like a small hardon collider.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Sort of a like a small hardon collider
Happy Car GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

found this link a bit ago, some I knew some not, fun to read tho

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah. They lost me on the math stuff. but when they got into talking about doing it with holograms for 3+ dimensional images it certainly piqued my interest.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
"Quantum" anything is beyond me. They could literally tell me anything about that shit and I'd be like "I guess that sounds legit". I've heard the Schrodinger's cat thing explained plenty of times and I follow it, but does it really make sense? Fuck no.

• 1Truth!

Sterling

El Presidente
yeah quantum mechanics is wild and hardly any of it is intuitive. entanglement as a concept isn't that hard to grasp even if there's a whole giant rabbit hole with it. if you have 2 entangled particles, knowing what 1 of them is doing will inform you what the other 1 is doing even with the separation of some arbitrary amount of space.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think once you understand the quantum eraser experiment, that reveals alot of the nature of it. To me it looks very much like a computer sim that saves resources by hiding details unless observed. We do that in video games all the time.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Except we don't have Dr. Bashir and his genetically engineered misfits to construct a machine and view the inner workings accurately.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users