Scottish Independence

Silence_sl

shitlord
Let him carry on. I just learned that envelopes are a new technology in Russia.
Russia will really advance when they learn how to read and write. All it'll take is a few more million more twists of the ole genome, and they'll almost be as smart as camel shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
You know, I didn't realize it until someone on the BBC made an offhanded comment about "4 million people will be voting today". New York City has a larger population than the nation of Scotland.

52n/48y. We have a nailbiter!!!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The word poser came to mind! I had a 90s flash back for a bit .

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What did I start? I was responding to Chris' comment about people being no-talent assclowns if they have to leave their country to get famous (like Jimi Hendrix - he was kind of a nobody in the US until he moved to the UK). Not overall music superiority. Faggots.

When do you think we'll have a better idea? Will we know tonight?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If the few big cities make it a YES vote when the rest of the country is majority NO, I don't see how they go independent. That'll be like Vanguard Party/Paris Commune shit.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Scottish referendum: Scotland votes 'No' to independence: The result became a mathematical certainty at 06:08, as the returning officer in Fife announced a comfortable No vote.

It looks like we're stuck with them for the time being. Unfortunately the damage has already been done, near half the country have shown their true colours towards the union, and created a rift that won't soon go away. Not to mention that there are going to be a lot of awkward silences in Scotland for a good while. I wonder if thevandalism,intimidation and violencewill stop now?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My hero.

rrr_img_76435.jpg

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Hopefully the vote will be No. A Yes vote will further encourage the Catalans and North Italy to continue their shit show and probably further splinter up european countries.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
It's a definite No as of 6 am UK time.

No 2,001,926
Yes 1,617,989

Now the trouble really starts. Cameron panicked and promised to devolve lots of power from the UK parliament to the Scottish parliament but forgot to ask his own MPs what they thought of it first, and they are pissed with him already for getting them into this voting mess in the first place. Questions are also being asked about why Scotland with about 8% of the population and economy gets it's own parliament and powers of taxation, but the English regions with considerably larger populations and economies don't (and plenty of those don't like Westminster any more than the Scots).

Itzena_sl

shitlord
It's not going to be trouble, because he'll be able to sell it as "English Parliament" and "Decentralise power to London" which are both pretty much what Tories want to happen anyway.