Screamfeeder's Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Amod is mad I distracted this thread away from comparing dick size to milk jugs.

My bad guys. Back to the show.

• 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
But it does produce market returns.

The two Marvel movies most lambasted by the We Live In A Society crowd (you), were Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Both outperformed Guardians 2, Ant-Man (and the second Ant-Man), Thor Ragnarok, Homecoming, Dr. Strange and Black Panther beat Far From Home (Captain Marvel was just behind).

So from a strictly business and profit standpoint and eschewing all other variables, it pays to have a Black Centric or a Female Centric movie, especially when you are still making massive profits off all the other ones. That is all some of these people see, and it worked. You and I might agree about the finer points, but the dollars don't lie. There was a MASSIVE market return on those movies despite all the gnashing of teeth.

And it isn't propagandizing my work anymore than it was done before in other ways. I unfortunatly can't elaborate anymore on this topic because the mods are just ACHING for an excuse so if you want, I can PM you the example I told you about from earlier.

First, I wouldn't regard Black Panther or Mrs Marvel as this ideology gone wrong; in fact I'd say these two are the cases of how this ideology works in a healthy way (Though you can see some bad elements growing IN those IPs) But the reason why it works here is that you had IPs developed specifically for the purpose of appealing to X demographic; that's not the same as believing an IP that appeals to Y demographic needs to be altered significantly because without diversity its bad. There is a critical difference between building something new on top of what was there before, and altering the foundation of what was there to try and co-opt its success. The problem with this stuff always comes with the latter, not the former.

That being said, I'm sure those movies being placed within the final run of the biggest film franchise in history, while comparing them with the films that built up that success with far less marketing behind them, is legit and will give you a clear picture of things.

Just like as you said; this is a matter of degrees, not absolutes. Zero attempts to appeal to various markets and tell tailored stories is just as bad as 'diversity above all'. The problem is not that this ideological view exists; its that its become the sole source of virtue in a town pretty desperate for virtue, and that's making people carry things WAY too far. If this ideology was healthy, you wouldn't have over double think on issues such as "white washing" vs "diversifying"...the concept of a cast being "too white" wouldn't exist, because the analog of a cast being "too black" clearly couldn't. Whenever you see an ideology so power its able to push double think and have that double think/hypocrisy defended zealously? The ideology needs an enema. And right now, Hollywood is deep in it. That doesn't mean its the end of the world; it does mean we should take the issues with this world view seriously, and lampoon/shun it until we tame it back to a healthy level.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
But it does produce market returns.

The two Marvel movies most lambasted by the We Live In A Society crowd (you), were Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Both outperformed Guardians 2, Ant-Man (and the second Ant-Man), Thor Ragnarok, Homecoming, Dr. Strange and Black Panther beat Far From Home (Captain Marvel was just behind).

So from a strictly business and profit standpoint and eschewing all other variables, it pays to have a Black Centric or a Female Centric movie, especially when you are still making massive profits off all the other ones. That is all some of these people see, and it worked. You and I might agree about the finer points, but the dollars don't lie. There was a MASSIVE market return on those movies despite all the gnashing of teeth.

And it isn't propagandizing my work anymore than it was done before in other ways. I unfortunatly can't elaborate anymore on this topic because the mods are just ACHING for an excuse so if you want, I can PM you the example I told you about from earlier.

Don't think anyone is arguing a race or gender centric movie can't work, it's when they shove all the sjw and woe is me minority shit down our throats that it gets tiresome. A good script can make anything work. Shit like this though? ‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot Director Knows Why His Movie Failed Miserably Hard pass.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Literally the left has been doing political violence for 5-6 years now domestically. Attacking rallies, attacking Trump supporters in the streets, all fueled on this rhetoric from Mainstream News and their elected officials that tell them Trump and his cronies are evil.

You're a liar or ignorant GuardianX GuardianX

You're also lucky I can't call you out in the Politics Forum.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

You're a liar or ignorant GuardianX GuardianX

You're also lucky I can't call you out in the Politics Forum.

MAN SO MANY TRUSTED NEWS SOURCES...

thanks for pinging me here.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
MAN SO MANY TRUSTED NEWS SOURCES...

thanks for pinging me here.
Attack the source and not the information.

Your modus operandi.

Grow a pair, read those articles and come back to me. Or does Hannity dick just taste that good?

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Attack the source and not the information.

Your modus operandi.

Grow a pair, read those articles and come back to me. Or does Hannity dick just taste that good?

The source IS the information.

I don't watch right wing news either.

I mean for real, okay lets assume all I did was choke down Faux News as my MAIN source of information, why would you link me random other fuck-wits thinking I would agree with them or even read them?

When I argue with you I never link anything other than CNN, MSNBC and whatever leftist bullshit that aligns with my talking point. Why? Because I assume you don't even read or respect right leaning places.

Do me the favour of finding a right leaning place that agrees with your stance on Political violence at least.

BUT...

and let me make this clear...

I don't give a fuck about Main Stream Media and their take on...well just about anything.

I trust a beanie wearing dude that was scared about a guy, whos wife fucked other people and has a donkey face, following him around a protest more than I trust MSM.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The source IS the information.
No it's not.

Rush Limbaugh has made factually correct statements.

Obama, Trump and Clinton have all made factually correct statements.

Hitler made factually correct statements.

Marx made factually correct statements.

You want to think that so you can be lazy and smug and act like you know something I don't and then brag about how you don't pay attention to anything and come hopping in with an opinion presented as fact like anyone should give a shit.

I mean for real, okay lets assume all I did was choke down Faux News as my MAIN source of information, why would you link me random other fuck-wits thinking I would agree with them or even read them?
Because you did just that? You literally just quoted their talking points almost verbatim.

Do me the favour of finding a right leaning place that agrees with your stance on Political violence at least.
I will. Just as soon as you tell me what qualifies for you as "right leaning". A few of those the links I posted would have been considered Right Leaning just a few years ago, and a few are still actually used by "right leaning" folk in the Political Thread today as "sources" for "information".

That is like me saying "find me a left leaning place that says left violance is worse than right violance"! But then I get to just dismiss your link as not "actually" left leaning based on bla bla and this article and that article.

I don't give a fuck about Main Stream Media and their take on...well just about anything.
Cool.

So where DO you give a fuck about? What is your source for the information that supports your argument? Where did you get those facts? You didn't link any and then said my sources were bad without providing any of your own. So where DO you get your take on "just about anything" and can you link to me where you go the information that was the basis for your post?

I trust a beanie wearing dude that was scared about a guy, whos wife fucked other people and has a donkey face, following him around a protest more than I trust MSM.
is it too early for me start just replying to this kind of nonsense with "Wow, such BDS!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Thank you for getting my joke. It made me laugh but I honestly thought you would go off about Bernie.

You kinda fucked your joke though because "X"DS (Typically TDS, obviously) refers to an unwillingness, to an unreasonable degree, to agree with the topic of the derangement.

Still chuckled tho.

No it's not.

Rush Limbaugh has made factually correct statements.

Obama, Trump and Clinton have all made factually correct statements.

Hitler made factually correct statements.

Marx made factually correct statements.

You want to think that so you can be lazy and smug and act like you know something I don't and then brag about how you don't pay attention to anything and come hopping in with an opinion presented as fact like anyone should give a shit.

News personalities like Rush, I couldn't give less of a fuck about, they are salesmen meant to placate to an audience in order to establish rapport with the goal of selling advertisements.

Sleep Number, "SELL YOUR GOLD!", you NEED online protection for your person!

All the rest I'll skim and then fact-check if it piques my interest and fact-checking some of them is nigh impossible.

Because you did just that? You literally just quoted their talking points almost verbatim.

If I am pushing a talking point then it is TYPICALLY due to my own conclusions. I am not kidding at all when I say I RARELY, if ever, watch MSM sources with the goal of becoming INFORMED, IF I watch them, I consider them satire until I do boot-work on them.

Take for example, Tucker Carlson railing on antifa or interviewing some crazy person, I don't look at it as anything other than a joke of GOTCHAs. He picked those exact people because he knew he could trigger them on something not to bring information to people.

I will. Just as soon as you tell me what qualifies for you as "right leaning".

Yeah, you got me on this one. Honest to god since i don't watch anything the only ones I really know of are CNN, MSNBC and Fox in terms of their bias.

Gunna have to do the leg work on this one for me but, again, it ties directly into the "I don't care nor trust" comment I made about MSM.

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lithose Lithose

Link? I can't seem to find that comment. Not asking to be snarky, but I want to know who said it.

I went back to Screenshot it but it got nuked already. =-/ Like a quarter of the thread has been deleted now. Not sure if they are staying up long enough to undelete to catch them, sec I will check.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
News personalities like Rush, I couldn't give less of a fuck about, they are salesmen meant to placate to an audience in order to establish rapport with the goal of selling advertisements.
Again, super cool but totally not the point at all. I get it. You don't give fucks. Awesome. But those sources of information were correct about certain things and thus, dismissing them based on who or what they are means you will miss that they might have been correct about actual tangible facts.

If I am pushing a talking point then it is TYPICALLY due to my own conclusions. I am not kidding at all when I say I RARELY, if ever, watch MSM sources with the goal of becoming INFORMED, IF I watch them, I consider them satire until I do boot-work on them.
Again, that is SUPER cool, but how did you reach those conclusions? Do you just stare blankly at a wall for a few hours and just decide something? What information and from what location did you glean the necessary input in order to reach the conclusions that you reached?

Take for example, Tucker Carlson railing on antifa or interviewing some crazy person, I don't look at it as anything other than a joke of GOTCHAs. He picked those exact people because he knew he could trigger them on something not to bring information to people.
Right. But then you do your OWN research right? Like you just said. From where? What sources? What people? Where do you do the "boot-work" to get to the "real" story about the facts that you are presenting?

I just gave you a pile of boot-work links that have sources you can check and sources from those sources you can check that prove your statement was factually incorrect. I would love to see your boot-work that says I am wrong, why I am wrong and how they came to those conclusions.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I went back to Screenshot it but it got nuked already. =-/ Like a quarter of the thread has been deleted now. Not sure if they are staying up long enough to undelete to catch them, sec I will check.
I'm honestly not trying to be a dick or pull a "gotcha" but I have a friend of a friend of a friend who is the second cousin of a guy that was roomates with a guy that knows a mod of that sub and they are trying to ban users making comments like that and that person was unable to find that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.