Screamfeeder's Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm honestly not trying to be a dick or pull a "gotcha" but I have a friend of a friend of a friend who is the second cousin of a guy that was roomates with a guy that knows a mod of that sub and they are trying to ban users making comments like that and that person was unable to find that comment.

It looks like they are doing a good job, it got removed too quickly to be archived.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Again, super cool but totally not the point at all. I get it. You don't give fucks. Awesome. But those sources of information were correct about certain things and thus, dismissing them based on who or what they are means you will miss that they might have been correct about actual tangible facts.

Basically I follow this path for information:

Once "News" gets loud enough to be heard, actioned on, and impacts me personally or incidentally, I'll look into it.

---

For example, say Rush has definitive proof that aliens exist.
  • No one picks up on it (other news locations)
  • It has very little impact on anyone because they exist but aren't interacting with us at all
I wouldn't give this a second thought, it has no impact on me and won't ever have an impact unless shit started happening.

---

Take a "real" example right:

Hillary Clintons email server and classified information

• Divisive information that both sides are contesting
  • No repercussions happened to her because of it
  • 0 impact on me personally
I didn't give this a second thought other than memeing. Furthermore, it wouldn't matter since even if it was undisputed fact nothing would happen to her because of her actions.

Chants of "Lock Her up" were nothing other than trolling in my opinion, to think that she would go to jail was a fantasy that a few people indulged in (one person being my dad).

---

Right. But then you do your OWN research right? Like you just said. From where? What sources? What people? Where do you do the "boot-work" to get to the "real" story about the facts that you are presenting?

I just gave you a pile of boot-work links that have sources you can check and sources from those sources you can check that prove your statement was factually incorrect. I would love to see your boot-work that says I am wrong, why I am wrong and how they came to those conclusions.

Honestly I just read or consume multiple sides, typically Twitter to find a starting point and then branch from there. USUALLY I'm not lookign for deep information unless it is a new law so I'm mainly looking for conformation.

That basically looks as simple as it sounds, if the claim is reasonable and both sides are talking about it from the side of their talking point, the topic may likely be true.

If I am looking up laws, I read the actual laws, if i can find them.

If i am looking up he-said she-said, Twitter-MSM..whatever.

If I'm looking up statistics, I try and find a source that is related to the statistic. (this one is getting harder since now states and other sources are omitting some data because of presure from political groups.)

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Once "News" gets loud enough to be heard, actioned on, and impacts me personally or incidentally, I'll look into it.
Where?

Honestly I just read or consume multiple sides, typically Twitter to find a starting point and then branch from there.
Where goes deeper?

If I'm looking up statistics, I try and find a source that is related to the statistic. (this one is getting harder since now states and other sources are omitting some data because of presure from political groups.)
Ok great. Where did you find your statistical source about this comment...

Literally the left has been doing political violence for 5-6 years now domestically. Attacking rallies, attacking Trump supporters in the streets, all fueled on this rhetoric from Mainstream News and their elected officials that tell them Trump and his cronies are evil.

I am honestly asking you to give me the hard data on that statement because all the hard data says you are just flat out wrong.

Terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992. Terrorists with unknown or other motivations were the least deadly.

I would love to have a real talk about why you think the above statement is wrong and I want to see your data.

I have plenty of my own, but we need to have a whole other talk about what kind of sources you will accept as being credible in order for me to even begin.

How about this? Is this a bad source?

Is the Cato institute considered Left Wing? Because that data says your statement was incorrect.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
That
This is brutal
This would be in the Political Thread...

...but freedom loving patriots want to make sure my dangerous ideology is kept away from the 600 twitter posts that keep them informed.

You know...deep looks into the deep information about facts and stuff.

• 1Worf

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
That

This would be in the Political Thread...

...but freedom loving patriots want to make sure my dangerous ideology is kept away from the 600 twitter posts that keep them informed.

You know...deep looks into the deep information about facts and stuff.

I forget but who was it that stole the title and OP of the politics thread from you? Jesus christ thats rough. Im so with with Big S (database) tm.
God these assholes stealing threads

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I forget but who was it that stole the title and OP of the politics thread from you? Jesus christ thats rough. Im so with with Big S (database) tm.
God these assholes stealing threads
I know you forget (this is like the fourth time this month! [early onset Alzheimers really is a bitch right?]) stuff and I am always more than happy to help you greet each new day Allsshonkilack!

It was a_skeleton_03 that wrote new code in order to remove me as the OP of the Political Thread because a couple of posters had me on ignore and then realized they couldn't read the thread I created (but really WANTED to), so they whined to daddy and so he aquieced to those conservative snowflakes instead of telling them to pick themselves up by their bootstraps!

It would be really ironic, but I don't want to have to explain irony to you and have you forget all over again tomorrow.

See you soon...

...you bitch ass conservative snowflake!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I know you forget (this is like the fourth time this month! [early onset Alzheimers really is a bitch right?]) stuff and I am always more than happy to help you greet each new day Allsshonkilack!

It was a_skeleton_03 that wrote new code in order to remove me as the OP of the Political Thread because a couple of posters had me on ignore and then realized they couldn't read the thread I created (but really WANTED to), so they whined to daddy and so he aquieced to those conservative snowflakes instead of telling them to pick themselves up by their bootstraps!

It would be really ironic, but I don't want to have to explain irony to you and have you forget all over again tomorrow.

See you soon...

So if ive said it 4 times this month... how many times have you mentioned it? Do you realize it doesnt matter?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

See you soon...

a7trj36j7qd41.jpg

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I forget... who was it that started the Politics Thread? God fucking damnit if someone stole that from someone that would be like totally bad.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So if ive said it 4 times this month... how many times have you mentioned it? Do you realize it doesnt matter?
Oh WAY more times. Probably 20 or 30 times.

And I think it does matter, even if you don't. I think the more I don't let people forget that there is a group of posters on this board treated differently from others it will help make a couple of people think more critically about the kind of forum they want this to be.

So while adherence to the rules, impartiality and Protected Class posters might not matter to you, it does to me and I think a few others here.

I appreciate your input though.

Status
Not open for further replies.