Screeners

Solariss

Golden Squire
It really puzzles me how the ?10 for a cinema ticket (or however much it costs in the US) is so beyond your reach
Can you wrap your head around the fact that some people might not like going to the theater? Some people might not like listening to kids crying, people talking, cell phones ringing while watching a movie? It does happen. I also don't like sitting in an uncomfortable seat for an extended period of time. I often enjoy movies, but get antsy and fidgity sitting in a room where I can't control the temperature, or adjust my seat the way I want it. I just don't go anymore.

Shut the fuck up already.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It really puzzles me how the ?10 for a cinema ticket (or however much it costs in the US) is so beyond your reach
It isn't, I'll buy the goddamn blu ray when it comes out, I own all of Scorsese's shit. But not everyone can just go to the movies. Last movie I saw was Frozen and that was only because I can take my kids. My babysitter has cancer and shit and we don't have anyone to watch them, so we don't get out, so I wait for the screener.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Funny you should mention that, I had to wear my coat the whole time I watched The Hobbit, it's like theaters have AC running year round or something.

EDIT: Like Chaos said, I'll end up owning it on Blu Ray as well, I'd just like to see it now too.
smile.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Some people might not like listening to kids crying,I just don't go anymore.

Shut the fuck up already.
Kids crying in a Scorsese movie? LOL

So what do you guys do for the other 11 months a year when DVD quality screeners aren't available?

As I said earlier, I have nothing against piracy and I don't own any physical media...I've already downloaded and watched 12 years, American Hustle and Lone Survivor (although I'd never heard of Lone Survivor and didn't even know what it's about - having watched it then if I knew how good it was I probably would have waited until the UK cinema release) because I knew I wouldn't go and see any of them at the cinema. American Hustle was boring so I turned it off halfway through but there's no way I'm going to watch Wolf of Wall Street in DVD quality on a 42" TV when I can watch it in the proper setting. I just think it's tacky and yes it does come across as fucking cheap to be on here daily whining about how a leaked academy screener isn't available and how desperate you are to see it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So what do you guys do for the other 11 months a year when DVD quality screeners aren't available?
Most recently, I end up seeing a couple of movies per year, downloading the rest, buying the ones worth a watch when they come out. Almost everything is available well before the dvd release date.

The bottom line is that unless a screener is leaked I won't be able to see this movie until it comes out on dvd, or close to it, and I would rather see it now. You think it is less cheap and tacky that you pirated shit you have no intention of paying for in any way and then try to call others out for simply wanting a movie to come out? Come the fuck on.

spronk

FPS noob
with tv and movies nowadays you can build up a massive backlog of stuff to watch so that you never have to really care about theaters. I have a 8-10TB raid array, about 50% of it is stuff I haven't watched yet including tv shows and movies. A lot of nights I just rewatch my favorites, like Godfather/Bladerunner/Arnie movies/Goodfellas/Blazing Saddles/Star Wars/TNG/DS9/Seinfeld/etc, because half of the movies I do end up watching I feel like "goddamn... I wish I had watched an old movie instead".

its also crazy that full 1080p bluray rips are usually available now within 4-5 months of movies being in theater, and nowadays you can even get 1080p webDL rips within 2 months (I prefer to wait for the bluray rips). I think Netflix is trying really, really, really hard to get movies onto their site the same week of theater release, although obviously everyone is pushing back hard on them. Thats definitely the future though, you could already do it for $20k a movie if you are a rich fucker.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Way to pick up one one of the multiple reasons given and ignore the others. *rolls eyes*
LOL, the others were too retarded so I didn't need to pull them apart: "My babysitter has cancer" - oh what, so you don't know any other 16-21 year old girls that are good with kids?

As for people talking and cell phones ringing - not a problem in UK cinemas, the only noise you have to tolerate is peoples bags of food rustling but that's barely an issue. I'm aware that US cinema habits are different to UK ones, when the Star Wars special editions came out I saw footage of US audiences cheering when the Falcon makes it into hyperspace -that would never happen over here. Even if audience noise is a problem, is that really an issue in an adult Scorsese flick? I imagine it might be a problem in a kids film or the latest Twilight but for a Scorsese? And if it is that much of an issue, go at an offpeak time like a Saturday morning, cinema always empty then

Uncomfortable seats - lol, my cinema has standard seats or premium seats with extra leg room, premium every time...aren't there cinemas in US like the Alamo ones that Harry Knowles always goes on about with sofas and reclining seats? Oh yeah, I'm arguing with people who won't put their hands in their pockets for the latest Scorsese movie LOL.

Temperature - probably the most retarded answer yet, I don't think I've ever sat in a cinema and noticed the temperature lol. you know I have this great way of regulating my temperature, if I get too hot I remove a layer and if I get cold I put another one on, strangely this also works in cinemas.

""Because I work 60-70 hours a week and don't feel like trying to squeeze in time to go to a theater when it's easier to come home, spend what time with my kids that I can and just relax and watch it on my computer? " My local cinema is 10 minutes drive from my house, so if I was in your position I'd spend 20 minutes less with the kids then go the cinema OR BIZARRELY GO AT THE WEEKEND

You think it is less cheap and tacky that you pirated shit you have no intention of paying for in any way and then try to call others out for simply wanting a movie to come out? Come the fuck on.
No, I think it's tacky and embarassing to sit here crying almost daily about how someone who receives academy screeners hasn't leaked it yet. My position isn't helped by the fact it's not released here until the 17th of January but even if a screener were to leak between now and then I still wouldn't download and watch it until after I'd seen it at the cinema. He could stop his whining whenever he wanted by GOING TO THE CINEMA but he's just coming up with retarded excuses

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ossoi, bro, I know you are pretty retarded in general, but in case all that broscience ever pays off and some woman actually agrees to breed with you, you should probably know that finding child care is a bit more difficult than just grabbing a random teenage girl and leavin money for pizza. Especially with young children.

And the only one I see crying is you. You tried this argument once in this thread and didn't get a reaction so I guess you figured you should whine some more. Seems like the people who want to see the movie are excited.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So if u do t see my kids all week I should spend even more time away from them to go see a movie?

Also am I the only person who works 6, sometimes 7 days a week?

This kid be trolling yo.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
it's inevitable a screener will leak, but if it didn't then what would you do - yeah that's right, find a way to go see it at the cinema!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I would just wait for it to come out on torrents, brossoi. I prefer not to wait, but if I have to love will not be over.