Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Lirik, Shorty, Waffle, and Soda playing right now. The cosmetics cost like 70k + gold, I'm guessing there will be MTX to "improve" the gold earning rate.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is there gonna be enough from here to make a guild? I've been told if I don't have friends or know others playing I'm gonna lose interest quickly. Does that sound about right?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think you'd lose interest quickly no matter what. The progression is just cosmetic shit, it's a very shallow game. Fun to watch popular streamers play it since it just launched but I expect they'll mostly drop it within 1-2 weeks.

Until Battle Royale is implemented.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So looks to me like they added basically zero "hidden" content since beta.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
creams crew just fought a kraken. looked incredibly easy for a 4man and of course no loot or treasure.

• 1Worf

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
creams crew just fought a kraken. looked incredibly easy for a 4man and of course no loot or treasure.

They didn't actually beat it, just ran it off. They were saying like less than 1 percent have even survived the encounter with the Kraken so far. Pretty cool when Crream jumped in the water to see what the thing looked like underwater, and noped out because the water was pitch black.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
this'll be a fantastic game for streamers since its very sandbox-y but yeah not sure why any normie is gonna pay $60 for it

servers should go live in 2 hours 30 mins from now, i still can't download the game with game pass not sure if the beta will convert to release or if I will have to redownload at 9pm PST with game pass tonight. i did get an email about getting some rando cosmetic shit for playing in the beta, if you also play in the first 2 weeks you'll get a hat or something in game

As a reminder you can play for 14 days free with trial or 30+14 for $5 or $10 with Game Pass, works on PC or xbox one. don't think you can install yet though, have to wait for gamepass to add the game to its library. The game is fun for 4-5 hours and then you are done unless you are playing with a 4 man crew.
Buy Xbox Game Pass - Microsoft Store

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did not play the beta on this and I might stay up to midnight to download an play it.

xSUINEGx if you want to add me now.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty cool when Crream jumped in the water to see what the thing looked like underwater, and noped out because the water was pitch black.

Probably pitch black because there is no model besides the tentacles...

• 1Worf

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Probably pitch black because there is no model besides the tentacles...
Kraken, being an overly large squid shoots ink into the water. Turning it black. Also, they prolly didn't model anything besides the tentacles :)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone able to download this on PC? It says not available for me. I can download on xbox one though.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Servers are boned, going to sleep and will try again tomorrow.

I had fun solo for an hour but yeah solo is not good in the slightest.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I logged in for the first time as a solo player in the middle of a storm. Pulled anchor, rammed a rock, steered out into the huge waves, sank 4-5 minutes later.

Will give it a shot tomorrow! lol.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is the loot from finishing the skull cloud quest that you see way up in the sky from anywhere on the map.

Untitled.png

Took the two of us about an hour maybe 2 hours, I lost track of time. Wave after wave of enemies. The boss died in under 30 seconds though.

Some of those items gave 2-3 levels of their faction. We made it to 11 or so on the gold and kill factions and I think 9 on the merchant one.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm gonna watch Day9 tonight stream this to see if it's worth my time. I'm not that big on sailing arcade :)