Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You know what's hilarious is watching the streamer try to figure out how to navigate the garbage tier microsoft app store to dl / unlock the game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta say that watching Summit's stream has been one of the funniest streams I've ever watched, lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Watching Summit seems like more fun than playing it myself.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Summit's stream of this game was pretty good. All they've gotta do now is release this game on Steam and I'm all over this game.

Of course, they prolly won't for at least the first month, until they see their sales go in the absolute dumper from where they expect them to go.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Summit's stream of this game was pretty good. All they've gotta do now is release this game on Steam and I'm all over this game.

Of course, they prolly won't for at least the first month, until they see their sales go in the absolute dumper from where they expect them to go.

This will never be released on steam.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think what you're seeing on Summit's stream is what you'll get, but like, only 65% the enjoyment. So right now it looks like there is 0 high end and 0 itemization. So basically you do all your quests, amass gold for whatever purposes there are, then fuck around trying to fight people for basically no reward. It'd be fun for a week or two MAYBE, but I don't think in its current state it has ANY staying power. Hopefully they dump a bunch of content in before release. It does look like an amazing game. Arche Age + Monkey Island + H1Z1 Survival.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I only intend on playing with a few friends, get drunk, have some laughs.

*shrug* I dunno, maybe that's what it's come to.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i'll rephrase and say if/when it makes it to steam you won't be interested in purchasing it.

This game does have really amazing atmosphere though. Damn I wish it had some substance.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This game does have really amazing atmosphere though. Damn I wish it had some substance.

meh it's only a AAA game they've been working on for multiple years you're obviously expecting too much

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd be all over it if it were a sandbox some friends and I could mess around in without the PvP. I'm not their target player though. Once we see more about how the game progresses maybe I'll get more interested in it.

Not going to play and just be one of a number of solo pirates trampled by bigger ships.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Surprised there's not more commentary on this game, given the open beta started and has had the most viewers on Twitch the last couple of days. I will say, it is absolutely fun as fuck, and it's less than 20% of the actual game.

The pvp aspect is actually not what you'd expect. In general, if you spot a ship you can just run away. Or if you do 4 man, leave a player onboard to spot from the top of the mast, or have three men stay on board. Depends on how much loot you have to protect while the others dig, or solve island riddles, or whatever. Though if you and your teammates die, you can respawn at the same island and get spawn camped if you don't spawn at the same time, depending if your ship gets suck while you're dead. It can be pretty greif heavy, and certainly annoying if you try to play solo, or duo, when all you encounter are 4man ships. But still. Fun. Very fun.

It's also a very gorgeous game.
seaofthieves2.png

seaofthieves3.png

seaofthieves4.png

spronk

FPS noob
Wait, you say what you see is only 20% of the game - whats the other 80%? I have yet to see or hear anyone say there is anything to do other than dig up chests and team PVP. I mean yeah you can use the sandbox elements for fun like chasing each other with vomit buckets or making a giant grog and dance party but how long is that honestly gonna be fun for most people.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait, you say what you see is only 20% of the game - whats the other 80%? I have yet to see or hear anyone say there is anything to do other than dig up chests and team PVP. I mean yeah you can use the sandbox elements for fun like chasing each other with vomit buckets or making a giant grog and dance party but how long is that honestly gonna be fun for most people.

The current version of the game doesn't even have mechanics or objectives that were in the earlier closed beta. There's capturing animals, fighting NPC ships, complexity and quantity of mobs, difficulty of everything increases the higher your reputation increases, of which only one reputation is available right now - the digging up chests/gold collection. There are two others. There are only 4 NPC's on the "safe" islands.