Sean complaint box

Status
Not open for further replies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Funny thing is I used to be the same - now I'm honestly stir crazy all the time and never want to be here - frankly 2/3 of why I want to go back to work has entirely to do with wanting to work from an entertainment/social standpoint, I'll probably actually be losing money once the "work trial" part of disabled returning to work comes off if my calculations are right and my presumption that I won't be able to apply my degree towards anything understanding of things is accurate.
to be perfectly honest, there's a lot of mental health issues that come directly from being disabled in a way where you don't go out much. a lot of things that are minor idiosyncrasies can blow up into debilitating disabilities in their own right. personally, if i didn't have my wife and kids to keep me focused on working and staying on a schedule, i'd go back in a heartbeat to living 36 hour days and being depressed and anxious all day long. Not because i want to, but just that's something i have a very hard time self-regulating. so cheers to you for being able to fight that and come out on top.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
to be perfectly honest, there's a lot of mental health issues that come directly from being disabled in a way where you don't go out much. a lot of things that are minor idiosyncrasies can blow up into debilitating disabilities in their own right. personally, if i didn't have my wife and kids to keep me focused on working and staying on a schedule, i'd go back in a heartbeat to living 36 hour days and being depressed and anxious all day long. Not because i want to, but just that's something i have a very hard time self-regulating. so cheers to you for being able to fight that and come out on top.
Heh, it's been a long slog - 3 years of barely being able to walk most of the day, then about 2 years of mental conditioning has gotten me to where I am hopefully about to get back to things. It's been an effort even with medication working - and known more than few people with various neuro/psych ailments that have never reacted to any medication. (Brother in law for example - and he's too prideful to apply for disability - he's going on about 4 years total working and he's nearing 50 now... thankfully sister-in-law took him under her wing, but if she hadn't he'd be dead in a gutter somewhere for sure... he's never reacted to psych meds at all to date, and he's tied up with the Boston medical community to get involved in every new therapy they're developing - some EM treatment recently)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Vaclav do me a favor bro.

Either keep the sig in all the time or none of it. Every thread you are in your sig is random.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Funny thing is I used to be the same - now I'm honestly stir crazy all the time and never want to be here - frankly 2/3 of why I want to go back to work has entirely to do with wanting to work from an entertainment/social standpoint, I'll probably actually be losing money once the "work trial" part of disabled returning to work comes off if my calculations are right and my presumption that I won't be able to apply my degree towards anything understanding of things is accurate.
I can understand where you are coming from with this. After my accident I was out of work for around 3 years, and getting back to work was something I just had to do because I couldn't sit around the house anymore. People seem to think that not working is the best thing ever, and I had people questioning why I wanted to go back to work. However, when you are in your late 20's you aren't ready to be retired. Plus disability just wasn't enough money to live the life that I wanted, as I wanted more for myself.

One thing I will warn you of, make sure you let them know when you are working again. Once you tell them, tell them again and again and again. I told them 5 different times that I was back to work and, to stop sending me checks, yet they kept sending them. Of course I was stupid and didn't save it, and had to pay back all of what they overpaid me, and it was quite a bit. They even warn you about this happening, since for some reason they can't figure out how to stop sending you money, even when you tell them to stop!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My older brother had a stroke this last March. He had no blood in the portion of his brain that affects speech and language for over 8 hours. He has been denied disability and has to go through a lawyer now. The government doesn't just hand out disability to people because they tell them they have anxiety or they are lazy. You have to go through quite a bit to prove your disability. It's pretty insulting to people who go through the process for you to mock it, really.
Well you see thats a legit disability, a handicap resulting from a near death experience. "Social Anxiety"? laughable. Even more laughable when you claim "social anxiety" but have no problem standing in line midnight for video game releases. Too scared to work but just not scared enough to go out buy the latest video game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well you see thats a legit disability, a handicap resulting from a near death experience. "Social Anxiety"? laughable. Even more laughable when you claim "social anxiety" but have no problem standing in line midnight for video game releases. Too scared to work but just not scared enough to go out buy the latest video game.
I don't know, I guess I just have a different outlook on it. Hate on Sean for being a dick about people not knowing hard drive specs. Hate on him for saying "you sound mad!" in the Amod thread. Hate on him for a myriad of other things that aren't related to his personal life. I just can't get behind hating on him for being on disability when nobody knows the exact details and they don't just give disability because you say you have anxiety. There is simply a lot more to it, to get approved for it. Standing in line to pick up a video game is not even remotely the same as actually having to interact with people and work. Are you also one of those people who thinks those diagnosed with depression should just "cheer up"?

Vaclav

Vaclav do me a favor bro.

Either keep the sig in all the time or none of it. Every thread you are in your sig is random.
Probably will remove it at this point - it's big so I figure when I've got a post on a page it's sensible to unflag it from showing twice on one page.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, I guess I just have a different outlook on it. Hate on Sean for being a dick about people not knowing hard drive specs. Hate on him for saying "you sound mad!" in the Amod thread. Hate on him for a myriad of other things that aren't related to his personal life. I just can't get behind hating on him for being on disability when nobody knows the exact details and they don't just give disability because you say you have anxiety. There is simply a lot more to it, to get approved for it. Standing in line to pick up a video game is not even remotely the same as actually having to interact with people and work. Are you also one of those people who thinks those diagnosed with depression should just "cheer up"?
It would be a million times easier to not hate and call out his social anxiety if he wasnt standing in line for midnight releases for video games. Thats pretty god damn hypocritical.

Vaclav

Ever think that social anxiety might only be part of the equation? Plus it is something that can be medicated for (or otherwise dealt with - maybe he gets drunk before going to them - would help with it for midnight releases but not real work) - or it's possible his store he uses is slow as crap. I went to a midnight release here for SR4 - there was literally THREE people besides staff when I got there - I think it was maybe up to 6 by the time it was midnight, in a location that's almost the size of my 3/4 acre yard.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Let Big P hate another human for whatever reason he wants. Get your cralpy genes out of here and ahit post in the politics thread more.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why was Sean allowed to live?

Why wasnt he smothered at birth to spare humanity?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Oglaf - Son of Kronar
son_of_kronar1.jpg

son_of_kronar2.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Araysar, sounds to me like the mods need to keep reversing your infractions so you don't get banned because you are a content generator. That and they arbitrarily apply and make up rules.

Tol_sl

shitlord
It makes me pretty irritated how many people abuse some of these programs. I work with adults with developmental disabilities and I can think of several who game the system like goddamn champs. One dude basically spends all of his food stamp cash on video games every month, and just buys a shitload of rice and chicken with the component he can't convert into cash. He has a bunch of my people thinking that he basically is too retarded to even read, but when he's not being evaluated, he'll read like a novel per week, and is smart enough to play stuff like rome total war and civ 5 on the harder settings. He also claims anxiety in any social situation, yet goes to basically every social event he can- concerts, parties, hangouts with friends. His anxiety only materializes when a PSR or health and welfare worker is around.

Not bagging on disabilities, because I work with some people who I literally will not let use the stove or out of my sight, but some people are gaming the system really badly. The guy I'm thinking of literally puts on his best simple jack mask every time he talks to health and welfare, and then goes back to being basically a normal person who's lazy as fuck when they aren't around.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Social anxiety us real and it sucks. When I go to the fair or an amusement park with my family the crowds literally make me want to pull my arms off because I'm taking up too much space. I have no problem standing in line at the supermarket.

You don't experience social anxiety and that's great. Just don't be so disingenuous to say that if you don't have a problem then its not a real thing

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It makes me pretty irritated how many people abuse some of these programs. I work with adults with developmental disabilities and I can think of several who game the system like goddamn champs. One dude basically spends all of his food stamp cash on video games every month, and just buys a shitload of rice and chicken with the component he can't convert into cash. He has a bunch of my people thinking that he basically is too retarded to even read, but when he's not being evaluated, he'll read like a novel per week, and is smart enough to play stuff like rome total war and civ 5 on the harder settings. He also claims anxiety in any social situation, yet goes to basically every social event he can- concerts, parties, hangouts with friends. His anxiety only materializes when a PSR or health and welfare worker is around.

Not bagging on disabilities, because I work with some people who I literally will not let use the stove or out of my sight, but some people are gaming the system really badly. The guy I'm thinking of literally puts on his best simple jack mask every time he talks to health and welfare, and then goes back to being basically a normal person who's lazy as fuck when they aren't around.
You know Sean irl?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Araysar, sounds to me like the mods need to keep reversing your infractions so you don't get banned because you are a content generator. That and they arbitrarily apply and make up rules.
Bro, over half of my infractions have been reversed, but not so I can keep generating amazing content.

But because they are retards who dont know how to run a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.