Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That Guardian Beast is fucking annoying, Thought i killed it on my second try.... Nope took me another 45 minutes.. being a boss you can't really reliably parry through me in a loop and the phase two took like 10 minutes of kiting when i did win.

xzi

Mouthbreather
lmao, I just did the same thing a few hours ago. One of the attacks you can VERY reliably get some damage in which was pretty much the only time I even took my chances with him.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am not as far as most of you but I'll be catching up this weekend! Just killed Geinichiro. I am already firm in my rating though. I hated that fucking fiery bull. His hitbox was dumb and he never stopped moving. Really annoying even if it was barely a mini boss. I spent like 10 minutes kiting around looking for a good moment to strike after I got 4/5 of his HP down from firecrackers. I thought there was some gimmick where you let him charge into a wall and gives you an opportunity to attack or something but nope!

BB > DSIII === Sekiro > DS1 > DS2

My primary gripe is the Zelda nature of the prosthetics. Since that is all the variety you get unless something changes way later they are just tools to help with X mob and not much else. While the RPG weaknesses in Bloodborne or DS were beneficial they weren't required or even made a fight AIDS for not using them. Bloodbornes weapon and moveset variety may be technically more limited than Sekiro. But it doesn't feel that way. I really like the deflect/parry/counterattack system and I hope that future games incorporate it in some way. Seems to be the logical progression too. So here's to hoping!

xzi

Mouthbreather
I found the bull to be way easier if you just start charging his ass more than he charges you, pretty much does nothing except that horn sweep that he misses

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Game became a lot more fun for me once I unlocked the health on deathblow ability. Allows a much more aggressive approach clearing mobs between statues.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, the bull was pretty easy once you get to his side for the first time. Attack once or twice, and then he’ll charge away. Sprint after him and he will do a sharp turn one way or the other. Angle yourself so that you sprint up to his side away from his horn, get one or two attacks in, and repeat. Literally all that fight is, very little risk other than the bull charging to terrain where you can’t get on his side. When that happens you have to reset and get back to his side again to start it over

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is there any point where you can easily Farm or purchase the confetti for the ghost guys? I’ve been skipping them because I only have a few and don’t want to waste them until I up my stats a bit

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Is there any point where you can easily Farm or purchase the confetti for the ghost guys? I’ve been skipping them because I only have a few and don’t want to waste them until I up my stats a bit

Ashira Castle - Antechamber

Fight the samurai dudes, they occasionally drop confetti.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Same here. I've been able to put very little time in. Kids, man...
Welcome to dad life. Take care of the kids, take care of the wife... get your 12 minutes to yourself before you fall asleep in the chair.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Your wife still does jack shit?!
Well yes. But I mean when I get home from work I spend time with my kids until they go to bed, then spend some time with the wife. If I'm lucky she'll go to bed a little earlier than me and I'll hop on, but usually I'm just too tired to do anything.

Plus we be fuckin a lot...

• 1Tiresome
  • 1OK, Sure

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Near end I got an item that allows are mechants to sell confetti and base level upgrade materials along with eels and so on.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
made some good? progress i think.
Killed the guy in the starter well and went to the dungeon after that... got owned by the guy who Terror's you a few times so i left him alone
Found the bottomless pit, which led me to the poison lake (typical From Software) where i got seriously owned by some blind snake eyes guy
Did manage to find my way to Kempo area, fought monks and stuff, this was fun. Eventually found the crying monk and luckly knew to just wait to talk to him since i don't have anything for him yet....
Kept exploring, found the red/white pinwheel and the pure white pinwheel (will give him that afteri get the fan to spirit him away, so since you only get 1 chance for that, i'll wait till i get the fan)
unlocked shortcut from the Demon Bell to Kempo area.

Bosses / mini Bosses still alive that i've run into
Spirit under the demon bell
Terror guy in dungeon
Snake eyes asshat who takes 85% of my health in 1 hit in the poison lake (2 items on a statue i can't figure out how to get to)

Next objective, i think i'll finally start on the castle area rooftop fun, yet to try this area yet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I know this is the wrong thread, but sadly no one else’s in my life will care about this

Last night I finished dark souls.
Feels amazing!

Now do I NG+ or play sikero?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Killed the guy in the starter well and went to the dungeon after that... got owned by the guy who Terror's you a few times so i left him alone
Found the bottomless pit, which led me to the poison lake (typical From Software) where i got seriously owned by some blind snake eyes guy
Did manage to find my way to Kempo area, fought monks and stuff, this was fun. Eventually found the crying monk and luckly knew to just wait to talk to him since i don't have anything for him yet....
Kept exploring, found the red/white pinwheel and the pure white pinwheel (will give him that afteri get the fan to spirit him away, so since you only get 1 chance for that, i'll wait till i get the fan)

Terror guy in dungeon
Snake eyes asshat who takes 85% of my health in 1 hit in the poison lake (2 items on a statue i can't figure out how to get to)

Next objective, i think i'll finally start on the castle area rooftop fun, yet to try this area yet.

There's a statue at the other end of that poison lake room, and a plateau you can hide up on. It should have some animal bones on it with a cow skull. If you sit there the Snake Eyes guy will wander around in the poison and chew his own life up.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Terror guy in dungeon

Ive killed everything up to the guardian ape except for the three headlesses I have found, fuck those guys and their stupid slow attacks that wouldn’t crush a grape.

Having watched streams and seeing how much harder it gets I am starting to wonder if I am just being a self sadist at this point in continuing... but the idea of letting a game beat me instead of the other way around is more offensive to me than the words that come out if my mouth as I fail repeatedly over and over and over and over and over and...

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Terror guy in dungeon

For the snake eyes guy, make sure you get the statue start point down at the opposite of the lake, and start there. When you load in you can kill the 2 rifle guys right in front of you without agroing anything else, then sneak up behind snake eyes and take an orb off. Then pull her back to where you killed to two rifle guys so that you don’t accidentally agro any of the others.

For killing her, just gotta learn her moves, she isn’t that hard. Stay in close, parry when you can and counter. When she kicks you back she usually follows up with an overhead gun shot that you can dodge into her and avoid, also scoring a few hits. The kanji move you need to dodge directly back away from (twice if you were really in her face). Wait for her to pull the hook back in and follow it to her with a dodge and a hit or two. That’s really all there is for her

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
For the snake eyes guy, make sure you get the statue start point down at the opposite of the lake, and start there. When you load in you can kill the 2 rifle guys right in front of you without agroing anything else, then sneak up behind snake eyes and take an orb off. Then pull her back to where you killed to two rifle guys so that you don’t accidentally agro any of the others.

For killing her, just gotta learn her moves, she isn’t that hard. Stay in close, parry when you can and counter. When she kicks you back she usually follows up with an overhead gun shot that you can dodge into her and avoid, also scoring a few hits. The kanji move you need to dodge directly back away from (twice if you were really in her face. Wait for her to pull the hook back in and follow it to her with a dodge and a hit or two. That’s really all there is for her

And fireworks.