Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ive killed everything up to the guardian ape except for the three headlesses I have found, fuck those guys and their stupid slow attacks that wouldn’t crush a grape.

Having watched streams and seeing how much harder it gets I am starting to wonder if I am just being a self sadist at this point in continuing... but the idea of letting a game beat me instead of the other way around is more offensive to me than the words that come out if my mouth as I fail repeatedly over and over and over and over and over and...
Man just play the game. Dark Souls games are all like that - super hard looking but you gradually get better as you play.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
thanks for the snake eyes tips guys, she'll die tonight :)
Forgot to mention that i also killed Butterfly last night as well, that was satifying, was much easier this time around... guess it's just game play experince now. What really helped for her was someone here posted or i read that her illusions will disapear on their own over time, so whenever they were up, i literally just ran around the areana till they were gone. easy peasy

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don’t ever really use fireworks. Feels like it fucks me up trying to fit it in a fight more than just dodging and parrying. Too slow for me

A lot of times they're good for some fights where you just need a breather on the deflection spam. The centipede mini-bosses are a great example, because you can get into an awkward spot and need to get out or you need to keep their posture up while needing a break to lower yours.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
thanks for the snake eyes tips guys, she'll die tonight :)
Forgot to mention that i also killed Butterfly last night as well, that was satifying, was much easier this time around... guess it's just game play experince now. What really helped for her was someone here posted or i read that her illusions will disapear on their own over time, so whenever they were up, i literally just ran around the areana till they were gone. easy peasy
Or just use a snap pea.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Here is something I have seen some streamers miss, it’s small and hardly useful but still. When you get the mortal blade you also get a combat art with it, it’s not great but it does look cool.

Also, if you see a wall with a banner on it, hug it. I have found two secret doors by doing that. One just before lady butterfly and one in Ashira Castle where the confetti samurai are.

If this has been said earlier, sorry. Trying to balance my bitching, which will probably happen again if not with this game then with another, with some (hopefully) useful information.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's been kind of interesting to see this unfold. The biggest one, and the area I love Myazaki the most for, is their trolling abilities. We have been trained to approach these games in very specific ways. It's like Fedor screaming from the rooftops to read the literal strategy to fight a boss is on the loading screen. From has NEVER done that, they drop you to the wolves with little more than a fuck you, and make you figure it out. Yet, I'm sure they knew they could do that and no one would see it. From what I can tell, EVERYTHING is almost the direct opposite of what they established over the last 4 (5? Not sure where Demon Souls lies in all of this) games, and I get the feeling they are giggling uncontrollably watching everyone melt down from it. This is why I cringe when people say "I can see Souls DNA all over it." Uh no, this is its own thing entirely.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
It's like Fedor screaming from the rooftops to read the literal strategy to fight a boss is on the loading screen.

It's not even a loading screen, it's a tooltip that actually pauses your game right before the fight starts. I also keep reading that people are "accidentally skipping" it even though the button that closes tooltips is the menu button and not any of the regular combat buttons so you have to make a conscious decision to close it.

From what I can tell, EVERYTHING is almost the direct opposite of what they established over the last 4 (5? Not sure where Demon Souls lies in all of this) games, and I get the feeling they are giggling uncontrollably watching everyone melt down from it.

Holding block in a souls game: your stamina doesn't regenerate at all.

Holding block in sekiro: your posture regenerates really quickly.

edit: one useful loading screen tip is that enemies that crawl close to the ground are vulnerable to being jumped on.

I think the actual tip mentioned geckos but you can do an instant jumping death blow on any of the small centipede enemies regardless of their posture.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well yes. But I mean when I get home from work I spend time with my kids until they go to bed, then spend some time with the wife. If I'm lucky she'll go to bed a little earlier than me and I'll hop on, but usually I'm just too tired to do anything.

Plus we be fuckin a lot...

hey everybody look at this fucking loser paying attention to his family instead of killing samurai can you imagine LMAO

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not even a loading screen, it's a tooltip that actually pauses your game right before the fight starts. I also keep reading that people are "accidentally skipping" it even though the button that closes tooltips is the menu button and not any of the regular combat buttons so you have to make a conscious decision to close it.

Holding block in a souls game: your stamina doesn't regenerate at all.

Holding block in sekiro: your posture regenerates really quickly.

edit: one useful loading screen tip is that enemies that crawl close to the ground are vulnerable to jump attacks.

I think the actual tip mentioned geckos but you can do an instant jumping death blow on any of the small centipede enemies regardless of their posture.

To the first: I think that's Myazaki saying fuck you to everyone who don't read the descriptions
To the second: yep another example of why I truly believe they did this as a way to "get" players. I say troll with tongue in cheek, but really I think they wanted to try something else out that wasn't the souls formula and it ended up appearing to be this giant social experiment and I can't help but wonder if they aren't quietly sitting in their offices and watching all the reactions to the game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
it doesn’t feel like a souls game at all to me. More like a different company made a game with inspiration from souls instead. I mean there are certain visual things that are direct from souls like menus and the opening title screen thing, but gameplay wise they aren’t even close

xzi

Mouthbreather
spoilerino if anyone cares

I figured out how to kill the snake completely on my own and it felt so fucking good. That little bit of puzzle solving + platforming is probably super obvious in retrospect but I immediately knew what the old hag meant when she called the rat a puppet. It's shit like this that makes me like souls games

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
hey everybody look at this fucking loser paying attention to his family instead of killing samurai can you imagine LMAO

byN8WIM.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users