Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seen lots of gameplay out of Gamescom:

Bloodborne+Nioh = Awesome.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
That looks amazing. Bloodborne, but faster. Not Nioh, but similar. Or as they also say in the video that it is kind of like Ninja Gaiden, only it is very clear FromSoftware made it.

Not only a day one purchase, but a pre-order, pre-load open up at midnight and be tired the next day at work purchase.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I definitely appreciate Vaati's take on it. Not terribly surprising that Sekiro is shaping up to be another world class experience delivered by From.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like almost everything I heard except for certain mobs and all bosses requiring viscerals to be killed. This seems like the kind of thing that will really restrict play styles and will get old having to see that 3 second animation over and over and over. That being said FromSoft has given me some of the best games I have ever played so I am sure this will be great.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Amod Amod can we get a thread title change to “Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice” please? Maybe keep the (From Software) too?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Considering I LOVED Nioh (not on the level of DS2, BB, etc, but a really good experience to me); this is looking like it could be GOTG, as BB was before it. Trying to keep expectations in check, but hard not to get excited when the best studio on earth is making a game in this genre......

• 1Solidarity

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I like almost everything I heard except for certain mobs and all bosses requiring viscerals to be killed. This seems like the kind of thing that will really restrict play styles and will get old having to see that 3 second animation over and over and over. That being said FromSoft has given me some of the best games I have ever played so I am sure this will be great.

Someone stated that there is mutiple way's too visceral enemies, he also stated that the 1 boss they were allowed too fight, but couldn't show was a lot of "fun" take it for what's it worth, seems to be another hit by Miyazaki hah

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I preordered the collectors edition in store at gamestop, its "only" $90 which is pretty decent price diff from regular edition for all the extra stuff you get

Sekiro_CollectorEditionRP.jpg

I'd do it in store though ($5 deposit) and not online, gamestop sucks ass at shipping stuff to your house and you prepay the full amount i think if you buy it online
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/g...ce-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/167276
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/...ce-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/167275

The statue is probably gonna be asstastic but it'll be kinda funny to see how bad it is

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Vaati will be streaming it live tormorrow sometime during Gamescon, can't wait.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmmm From games had a certain level of charm for me that gave me the same vibe as when I first played EQ. Seeing all the tutorial pop ups and visual prompts was off putting for me. Also I'm one of those who loved the RPG side of those games, so I am not real excited to see that part completely removed for this one.

I won't say the game looks bad, because it really doesn't. It is just the Soulseborne games were a very unique experience, and with this being more mainstream in presentation and straight up action, that uniqueness is now gone. This would be an easier pill to swallow if it was certain they were going to continue that blend of action and RPG in other games in the future.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmmm From games had a certain level of charm for me that gave me the same vibe as when I first played EQ. Seeing all the tutorial pop ups and visual prompts was off putting for me.
Always a chance that kind of shit can be turned off in the options.

Also I'm one of those who loved the RPG side of those games, so I am not real excited to see that part completely removed for this one.

I won't say the game looks bad, because it really doesn't. It is just the Soulseborne games were a very unique experience, and with this being more mainstream in presentation and straight up action, that uniqueness is now gone. This would be an easier pill to swallow if it was certain they were going to continue that blend of action and RPG in other games in the future.
Agreed, and Activision being the publisher still makes me extremely skeptical too. They're as bad as EA at ruining anything they touch.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always a chance that kind of shit can be turned off in the options.

Agreed, and Activision being the publisher still makes me extremely skeptical too. They're as bad as EA at ruining anything they touch.

As far as that goes (Activision), I'm not that concerned. They are literally just printing the discs and cases and sending it all out for a cut. This isn't like the Bandai Namco deal with Dark Souls or Sony Japan's on Bloodborne, where they actually have some creative control. From is self publishing this in Japan and another company (forget the name) is doing Mainland Asia. Activision is handling NA and Europe's publishing.

As far as turning off in options, that would be cool, but I still just don't really feel like this game will be for me. I'll do what I did with God of War, I'll wait a month or two to see how everyone reacts to it and then play it if it gets the same great word of mouth. I'm alredy getting it day 1 as my kid absolutely fell in love with the gameplay videos yesterday.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get what you're saying, but I think this poise system makes sense, make use of parries / attacks to make then off balance so that you can get a critical hit in.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
After the whole cuphead debacle I really don't blame FROM adding in basic tutorial message's in the demo for a game...