Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoyed this one. Not a bad origin story, other than Awkwafina’s character, which was a bit obnoxious but tolerable, enjoyed everyone else. Action was quite good, humor was well placed for the most part. It scratched the martial arts itch very nicely and I also love seeing Michelle Yeoh on screen. Main actor also ain’t too bad on the eyes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks like shang chi is tracking to do $60-65m opening weekend, which is respectable. On the other hand its kinda hilarious seeing the twists and turns critics and hollywood reporters are doing to say its an amazing number, considering black widow did $80m opening weekend (theatrical) PLUS $60m disney+, and Shang Chi is theaters ONLY. You'd think it beats Black Widow handily, given its a long weekend (kids are free) and its theaters ONLY for at least 45 days. Currently the audience skews 69% male and 31% female.

The lowest MCU opening weekends are Ant Man ($57m), Hulk ($55m), and Thor/Captain America 1 ($55m) although all did $300-400m global runs and it seems unlikely Shang Chi will come anywhere close given it won't open in China.
is that adjusted for inflation?

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Liked it. Basically just a good kung-fu movie that happens to take place in the MCU.

Surprised they went as hard as they did with the straight-up magic and fantasy as they did at the end. The dragon was in the trailers, but I wasn't expecting full magic pocket dimension. Wonder if they're planning to segue that into Iron Fist in the future.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Why are you posting this here and how the hell do you even know who this nobody is?
Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 16-21-07 Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021).png

people.gif

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
yeah, but thats on Disney, they are being sketchy as fuck about their D+ numbers and so its ScarJo's fault? no it isnt. a contract is a contract. pay the woman her money if she is owed it.
Oh, I agree but the outrage is funny.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah, but thats on Disney, they are being sketchy as fuck about their D+ numbers and so its ScarJo's fault? no it isnt. a contract is a contract. pay the woman her money if she is owed it.
Maybe she should have kept blowing whomever she was blowing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Hard to compete with RDJ, Evans, Rudd, Hemsworth, etc.. falling over themselves to suck Feige-cock day in and day out ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So speculating after the ending of both this, Black Widow and the Falcon and Winter Soldier series.

So is his sister the one tying all these things together? Val seems to be working for someone, Sharon Carter was talking to her boss on the phone at one point at the end. Will her footsoldiers be the bad guy fodder for the boots on the ground side of this act of the MCU (while all this other cosmic stuff is going on) ?

I'm inclined to say no, and that there's a bigger bad than her continuing her crusade to overcome the evolution of her daddy issues... but the simplest answer has often been the right one in these MCU theories.

Then again, it's probably just Mephisto.

(yeah, I know that's not spoilered)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So this is a good movie, I give it a 8.75 because it wasn’t a 9 but damn close. I enjoyed pretty much everything up until the end when she just watched as someone died and did nothing. Like, she just stared with bow in hand, useless fuck!

Anyways great flick all around besides that point. The lore is cool and how that used that dude from prior movie in this was just an added nugget of humor.

• 3Like