Shaving

Siliconemelons

I found the more blades the worse shave as there is less "room" for the miseed or not fully shaved hairs to pop back up between blades- hence why I think more people find the 3 blade as the magic number.

I want to get into the good ol safety razor but am always too lazy to buy one and test it out- yet stores often have generic/gelette and bic blades for 5-6$ for a pack of 10ish - but no actual things to use the blades with.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya, I'm not feeling the safety razor. If you need a complete shave with no hair on your face, it really is the way to go. If you have a beard or goatee, or anything along those lines, not so much.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I have no problem with Dollar Shave Club's 4-bladed razor. They do just fine. Plus, if you do the trick to extend their life, you can suspend the service every now and then and save more money. My one annoyance is that I think the shaving handle is too bulky.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
By the way, this is the trick I use to extend my razors. Been using this method for a long time and it works.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I've been using the same blade for well over a decade.

rrr_img_63206.jpg

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Gillette Atra II - Shaving Gravy since 1985. Same handle. Blades are $1.50 for six at Dollar General.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
how much off the $355 pricetag did you pay?
I paid $150 for the kit. Don't get me wrong, a complete and utter waste of money, but it is always nice to splurge once and awhile. But i've always used their brushes for lathering and never found anything close to it. Hell, the wife used my old one for her legs all the time. Once I found out, I of course yelled at her because I still used it on my face unknowingly. But she was also not too pissed about the purchase as it'll look good in the bathroom (lol). This is also something I can pass down over the generations (when I have a boy).

I highly recommend going to 'The Art of Shaving' store if you have one nearby. That definitely have some neat things and information. You of course can get by paying much, much less than I did.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I'm loving Dollar Shave Club's Shave Butter. I've never had a closer shave. Dunno what it does, but it helps.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
After years of experimentation I've come to the conclusion that 90% of the improvement you get from moving from a standard razor/gel to a safety razor plus brush comes not from the blade, but from the brush, prep, and cream. I was a hard core merkur safety razor user for years, but was recently forced back to a Mach 3 when my maid "misplaced" my safety razor. What I noticed is that as long as I perform the same prep (hot shower, proraso cream, thick massaged lather), and the same shaving process (once with the grain, once against), I get an equally smooth shave and zero irritation. It costs more, but I can obviously shave a lot faster and not have to worry about nicks. Just a tip for those that want similar benefits to the safety razor minus the hassle.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
hate to necro this.

any of you try harry's? -Harrys - Quality Men??Ts Shaving Products. Fair Prices. Simple.

radio station i listen too has advertised them, look decent for a cartridge setup.

i'll tell you how i like it, cuz i bought the cheap "blade only" set - be delivered tomorrow. i've been waffling between mach 3 disposable and the fusion(?)(i hate the price of the replacement blades) and figured what the heck.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
eh nothing will convince me those dull fucking mach3's are as sharp as a feather safety razor.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Love my feather blades. Bought a 100-pack about a year ago for $20, still have about half of it left. Cheap, yet great shave.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
It's my first week with Dollar Shave Club and towards the end of the week the shave isn't as close on my chin as my Schick ProGlide I was using. Gonna switch to a new blade tomorrow to see if there is any difference, but after a couple of days with their blades it just seems like they wear pretty quickly.