Sherlock

Citz

Silver Squire
Hmm better than the last episode but it seems they've decided to focus on the characters rather than the detection... and it just isn't as good that way. Hopefully there's a payoff to come in the last episode.
That was my thought too. It went a bit overboard with the characters. At least the second half of the episode was great.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think this episode came together really well. Good job tying the seemingly non-related individual mysteries together.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
so i decide tonight to download sherlock and see what the buzz was all about great show am glad i did just watched the wedding ep and i really liked what they did.

going to download season 1 and 2.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I'M going to get these tonite, been busy and forgot it was back on, plus 3hrs of sherlock to watch in one get go.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Too overindulgent, you need to actually have a season with some normal cases before pulling shit like this. Fuck you Moffat.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I don't disagree that the episode wasn't as good as others.. but where in the 'season' should they have put those normal cases? It's only a 3 episode season. The other cases being in the first 2/3rds of this one episode is the equivalent of two episodes in a normal half hour show.

That wasn't the problem with the episode, it was that the mysteries themselves aren't as well planned out as previously. The actual 'crime' isn't being introduced until later in the episode and then solved immediately. There's no buildup of it, nothing at stake. Yes, they were technically all related, but it didn't feel as clean as previous episodes. It felt like two mini mysteries crammed into a 3rd.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well you'd have to have a longer season, they wasted 1/3 of the season on basically filler - when another 1/3 is not a complete mystery either as it is setting up future seasons and resolving the last.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So why is he credited as writer in all of the episodes so far?
He isn't - he gets the same credit Stan Lee gets in Marvel movies - "created by" - the writers for this season have been mark gatiss and steven thompson. He's listed as writer for the next one though, so if it sucks, then you can blame him ;p

Szlia

I am 100% sure he was credited as a writer in the second episode (with two other people) on top of being credited as creator.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am 100% sure he was credited as a writer in the second episode (with two other people) on top of being credited as creator.
Yeah it popped up on the screen "Written by X, Y and Z (Moffat)". It wasn't a secondary credit like to Arthur Conan Doyle.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Confirmed 4th season to happen. WOO!
Sherlock season 4 could come sooner than expected: ?We?re working on dates? says producer

"Should we expect a similar sort of wait for the next series or are you tempted to try and get it done in a year this time?"

That was one of the cheekier questions from the audience at last night's screening of Sherlock series three finale His Last Vow. But after Steven Moffat had indulged himself briefly at the questioner's expense ? asking how many Sherlock films he had made lately ? the overall sense was that viewers might be waiting less than the traditional two years to see the next run of the detective drama.

"We?re working on it. We?re working on dates," producer Sue Vertue assured the room, while her husband, Sherlock co-creator Moffat, promised "We'll get them made as quickly as we can".

When does Sherlock series 4 start filming? "Martin's free now" says Amanda Abbington

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
We've plotted out the whole of series 4 and 5 reveals Steven Moffat

"Around 10pm on Sunday night, Sherlock fans may be feeling a combination of elated and melancholic. Elated because the concluding episode of series three is very good, melancholic because -just 11 days after it returned- it's all over again. So here's some good news: Sherlock co-creators Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss have already plotted out two more series of the detective drama...

...we have got plans - but our plans don't tend to be 'Let's blow up the world or cast the most famous person in the world' they tend to be 'What exciting twists and turns can we add to this?' And I think we've got some crackers! The ideas we had that day, I thought were the best we've ever had."

And after you watch the series three finale on Sunday, you'll know that's setting the bar pretty high."

Sherlock season 4 and 5 confirmed by Steven Moffat: ??oThe ideas are the best we??Tve ever had??? says Steven Moffat

Let's hope this isn't just hype. We need less of Sherlock the awkward social misfit and more of Sherlock the world's greatest detective.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I really didn't think the wedding episode was that bad. I thought it was going to be terrible at first, but it developed quite nicely. Surprise mystery.