Sherlock

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I remember a quote from Sherlock when he's first introducing Watson (or maybe someone else) to his brother, where he says some of his cases his brother solves just by reading the newsclippings about it, whereas he has to go find evidence and interview people. That was how much smarter he felt his brother was then him, but he went a different path.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, the actor who plays his brother is also the head writer, Mark Gatiss.
I would love to see behind the scenes about how Gatiss turned himself into victorian Mycroft, that was really well done. A bit of Meaning of Life.

Mycroft is basically smarter, lazier and more arrogant than Sherlock. He knows it, but never feels like proving it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I would love to see behind the scenes about how Gatiss turned himself into victorian Mycroft, that was really well done. A bit of Meaning of Life.
Mark Gatiss has spent more time on screen in outrageous costumes, drag, and fat suits than he ever has as himself

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
...is also the head writer, Mark Gatiss.
Now there is a brilliant, brilliant man. Screenwriters are so often overlooked and under payed, yet in the case of many movies and TV series, the brilliance is in the script.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
This one was honestly kinda crap. I really enjoy Sherlock, but I didn't care for this story at all. It was too scattershot.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
This one was honestly kinda crap. I really enjoy Sherlock, but I didn't care for this story at all. It was too scattershot.
Really? Maybe its partly that I missed this show so much, but I fucking loved it. It was no "A Scandal in Belgravia", but I enjoyed the hell out of it none the less.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the shit out of this episode, but I probably would have for any new Sherlock that was halfway decent. The only tinge of disappointment I had was that they didn't bring back Irene Adler for a little cameo at the end. I absolutely loved her character, and the actress, and she's obviously the most important female to Holmes so it would have made sense to have her show up in his own mind palace in some capacity, even if not as one of the brides.

I saw Moriarty in something else just this past week or two (can't remember what), and instantly remembered how awesome he is. That guy is the perfect blend of creepy and smarmy, I love to hate him.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The drug aspect was well done too. They've been too PC about it. Really looking forward to this next season.

My post up there got cut off. Just meant to say I think Gatiss spends more time in costume than out. Some of his LoG stuff gives me nightmares.

spronk

FPS noob
I saw Moriarty in something else just this past week or two (can't remember what), and instantly remembered how awesome he is. That guy is the perfect blend of creepy and smarmy, I love to hate him.
He was (wasted) in James Bond Spectre

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe some Sherlock fans can shed some light on this, but just how smart is Mycroft? To be considered the genius next to his idiot brother, Sherlock, is quite unfathomable.
The show's been pretty inconsistent on this. There have been times where they've insinuated Mycroft was smarter. Sherlock mentioned that when he was a small child he thought he was an idiot until he met other kids.

Then in season 2 with Irene Adler she gave a list of demands that Mycroft was going to give in to until Sherlock deduced what the password was.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Saw this quote the other day, but don't remember the link.

"Benedict has said he wants to Sherlock for the next 15 years."
"awesome, so that's like 6 more episodes."

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Reddit, definitely.

Yeah, it's a bit sad, but I don't think the series would work if they pumped out 10 episodes a year or they would have to skimp on the background development, maybe even make shorter episodes. Right now you can see that they aren't really cutting any corners and the script has been written with a lot of care. I prefer to be happy for what we have instead to be sad/angry about what could've been.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
4th season with the villain as the third and smartest Sherlock brother sounds pretty damn awesome

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Actually I'd prefer if they went with GitS style of copycat crimes. Basically, everybody can be Moriarty if you do it out of the blue, with Sherlock solving murders and looking for the bigger picture, but it simply doesn't exist. That would hit really close to home for most of EU/USA.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Actually I'd prefer if they went with GitS style of copycat crimes. Basically, everybody can be Moriarty if you do it out of the blue, with Sherlock solving murders and looking for the bigger picture, but it simply doesn't exist. That would hit really close to home for most of EU/USA.
That doesn't really make sense. Moriarty's thing is he wouldn't really do the crimes, he would just plan them for people so they wouldn't get caught. So there's no way to do that and still have the crimes not be connected.

Plus, they've already hinted at a 3rd brother who's been a problem in the past, so I'm guessing that's who "Miss me?" is actually referring to.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully they keep the streak alive and release the new season on January 1st.

p046dqss.jpg