Silicon Valley

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Why so short?
frown.png

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
JLD is the best swearer on TV.

Silicon Valley has bigger laughs but Veep is probably the better made show. Everything just flows from second to second and there's just zero dead air while it's on. The pace reminds me of 30 Rock in that sense, not the humor just the relentless speed of it.
I made the claim before watching this week's episodes. Veep knocked it out of the park this week.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I stopped watching Veep a while back I will have to pick it up again. I think the last episode I saw was the pregnancy test one.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People say that about comedies they like a lot. My first thought it "comedy doesn't work in hour long shows". But then I think about the fact I can't even come up with a show that's tried it. A straight up 1 hour comedy is just not a thing that exists. There's hour long shows with plenty of humor, but there aren't any hour long actual sitcoms out there. Correct me if I'm wrong. It just seems like a self-perpetuating thing to me now.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
People say that about comedies they like a lot. My first thought it "comedy doesn't work in hour long shows". But then I think about the fact I can't even come up with a show that's tried it. A straight up 1 hour comedy is just not a thing that exists. There's hour long shows with plenty of humor, but there aren't any hour long actual sitcoms out there. Correct me if I'm wrong. It just seems like a self-perpetuating thing to me now.
Psych.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
House was pretty close, except when they went for super serious episodes.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, House had lots of humor but it definitely was not a comedy.

Psych is an hour long? That's pretty close. I wouldn't call it a sitcom but comedy is definitely the main goal there.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
The only gag in Veep that made me laugh was when Ben the fat old advisor gets asked, "are you proud of that?" by the English guy and he says, "no, not really".

Still fun to watch but it's not all that funny.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got into Silicon Valley. I've seen the first 2 episodes so far. It reminds me a lot of "Entourage", minus the bitches. It's a story about friends and a guy that makes good. I'm sure it'll be a decent story overall. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is Entourage for nerds and i'm totally cool with that. Veep is just...crazy overrated. I could never stand JLD. Without George and Kramer that troupe wouldn't have been half as famous.

FYI, I like Veep.