Silicon Valley

iannis

Musty Nester
It is a bit annoying that we're just following a cycle here. At the end of this season Richard has a hot property being courted by VCs and Gavin wants to buy them or crush them. This seems a bit too familiar.

I mean every season is season 1. Except they can't top the end of season dickjoke.

TJ's episode where he hired the mexican gangster to spraypaint his garage door is still one of the top 3 of the entire series, imho.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Erlich sucked this last season. Was almost constantly out-done by his nemesis Jin Yang. He's leaving before his character got completely worthless, honestly. I'm fine with that.

Maybe they'll full time replace him with Russ.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well he specifically said he was bored with the repetition and wanted more family time. What's worse, him leaving on a high note at the peak of the show or hanging around for a few mediocre years collecting an easy paycheck by phoning it in? This is not a guy who is cratering his life and banging hookers here. This is a dude who wants to do more kids movies and hang with hit family more. Yeah, he is an asshole, but in my mind its the right call and I appreciate him being completely honest about it. Its what makes him interesting and relatable to a lot of people.
in that interview i quoted, they told him they were cutting his role back to fewer episodes, which means he was the opposite of kramer, they were for whatever reason phasing out his role, likely in favor of jin yiang hijinks.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Supposedly due to the schedule conflicts, since he is the one with the career outside the show. I mean, Middleston has fucking Verizon commercials and the indian prick is going to shit out the next Appatow virtue signaling flop comedy with that crowd, but have any of the other main guys in this show been doing anything outside of it? And how the fuck is Jain Yang going to play off of without Ulrich? Without tubby stoner to justify his behavior, he is just another asshole passive aggressive Asian in the bay area (one of a million).

Of course if this is all because Miller was stoned all the time and not meeting his commitments, then yeah fuck him. But I kind of doubt that was much of a factor with the numerous commitments the guy has outside of the show. And it sure seems like Mike Judge (the real genius for keeping these drama whore stoner millennials going) was firmly interested in more stuff with Miller, rather than less. I am guessing Middleston and Berg were being self important twats and Miller was dumb enough to call them out on it in the open, which led us to here. As useless as Ulrich might have seemed to the show, he was the everyman con artist that the others played off of a lot. The only guy who could step up into that role, without adding a whole new cast member, would the "This guy Fucks" dude which might not be bad actually. If you take Miller at his word (stoners are often to high to lie well), I think Judge knows a lot of this and is probably scratching his head right now trying to solve those issues and account for the lack of a charismatic asshole to rope in the non-tech viewers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Supposedly due to the schedule conflicts, since he is the one with the career outside the show. I mean, Middleston has fucking Verizon commercials and the indian prick is going to shit out the next Appatow virtue signaling flop comedy with that crowd, but have any of the other main guys in this show been doing anything outside of it? And how the fuck is Jain Yang going to play off of without Ulrich? Without tubby stoner to justify his behavior, he is just another asshole passive aggressive Asian in the bay area (one of a million).

Of course if this is all because Miller was stoned all the time and not meeting his commitments, then yeah fuck him. But I kind of doubt that was much of a factor with the numerous commitments the guy has outside of the show. And it sure seems like Mike Judge (the real genius for keeping these drama whore stoner millennials going) was firmly interested in more stuff with Miller, rather than less. I am guessing Middleston and Berg were being self important twats and Miller was dumb enough to call them out on it in the open, which led us to here. As useless as Ulrich might have seemed to the show, he was the everyman con artist that the others played off of a lot. The only guy who could step up into that role, without adding a whole new cast member, would the "This guy Fucks" dude which might not be bad actually. If you take Miller at his word (stoners are often to high to lie well), I think Judge knows a lot of this and is probably scratching his head right now trying to solve those issues and account for the lack of a charismatic asshole to rope in the non-tech viewers.
well, i assumed that if miller was a hot property and they scaled back his role due to schedule, then he wouldnt quit on the spot and run to hollywood reporter to whine about it

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
well it sucks that he's leaving but the show has started to suck anyway.

Hopefully they can finally change the formula and something can actually happen, instead of them staying in, I suppose it's Jin Yang's house now? for 15 seasons trying to be the next big thing until douchebag richard fucks it up and it somehow continues to automagically fix itself by the end of every season.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
well, i assumed that if miller was a hot property and they scaled back his role due to schedule, then he wouldnt quit on the spot and run to hollywood reporter to whine about it

Well he is the guy who was in Deadpool and while it sucked, Office Party did make decent money almost entirely because of him. Standup is travel, practice, and time intensive, though. It could be either, though. Problem remains that a lot of the narrative device in this show involves him being fucked with by various characters and conning his way into things. That's not an easy thing to replace, particularly from within the existing cast. Frankly, Richard being written out would be far less a blow to the show's future.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well he is the guy who was in Deadpool and while it sucked, Office Party did make decent money almost entirely because of him. Standup is travel, practice, and time intensive, though. It could be either, though. Problem remains that a lot of the narrative device in this show involves him being fucked with by various characters and conning his way into things. That's not an easy thing to replace, particularly from within the existing cast. Frankly, Richard being written out would be far less a blow to the show's future.
i wasnt questioning his success in the way you think. im questioning his reason for being so butthurt his role was being scaled back after starring in deadpool and tv commercials.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Spotify put up the full Silicon Valley playlist from this season and it's so good

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
meh is right

but i still like that a tech "The Office" exists (Mr. Robot is a different kind of good IMO)

I like Gavin again, Barker was fun for a bit

Elrich's sendoff (lol lets leave him in an opium den); ultra cringe tier

Richard's autism has reached ultra faggot tier

Gabe the cuck fucks at least

Gilfoyle & Dinesh standing up to Richard should have happened sooner, sort of bugs me that Gilfoyle has been just going along with Richard's poor decisions. Talk about loyalty.

Fadaar

That guy
I think Gilfoyle, Gavin, and Jared are the only characters I still like. Dinesh is retarded, Richard is a brilliant asshole who can't get out of his own way and is just becoming more and more intolerable, and no other characters are of big enough consequence to matter. Jin Yiang without Erlich just won't be the same. Gilfoyle does just kinda go along with things too much sometimes, but at least he's not an insufferable fuck up like everyone else in the house. At this point I'm with the rest of yall, I hope Gavin takes a gigantic shit on everyone. Also hope Jared is successful just because he's the only competent one stuck in that shit show.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
With gavin, his acting is so fucking good he could def run the show

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
the show needs more Big Head and eyecandy in the form of Amanda

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah that's part of what I disliked most about the whole end of the season, even more than the reset button being hit again. After what they went through, for Richard to not only turn down Gavin, but basically shit on him directly makes him probably the worst person on that whole fucking show. A whole season with Gavin mentoring him and defending the guys from various legal attacks (imagine Monica and Laurie being after them for a piece of the pie) and fighting off box guy/I see dead people dude to turn Hoolie into something actually revolutionary would not only have been unique, it would have been a great way to show direction and growth for all the main characters, especially with Ulrich gone. Instead, we are likely going to get a shittier and less inspired version of S1, this time sans Ulrich.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
They need to actually go somewhere with their company. This Gilligan's island shit is getting old

so what you are saying is they need the harlem globetrotters to join the cast

i'm down for that, it would introduce some diversity and pied piper could be used to stream NBA games to phones

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watching Seinfeld and Laurie was the "Yadda, yadda, yadda" girl. She's aged amazingly well for that episode being 20 years old.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users