SimCity

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I added you on Origin but it doesnt see you in SimCity?
Yeah, the friends list has been really quirky. Some people won't show up in the regular friends list, sometimes they show up once you're in game. Relaunching Origin / SC seems to fix it sometimes.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
Had that error happen to me 3 times last night. It seemed to happen whenever I tried to add in my 3rd fire station. I wasn't sending any money between cities, though I did share police cars.

Edit: And now I'm unable to play that city. Game wont let me load it up.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Anyone else being told by Origin that the game isn't released yet? I go to My Games and there is no option to download it, just says it isn't released yet -.-

Edit: Apparently its a known issue, damn it. I knew I should have waited...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Had that error happen to me 3 times last night. It seemed to happen whenever I tried to add in my 3rd fire station. I wasn't sending any money between cities, though I did share police cars.

Edit: And now I'm unable to play that city. Game wont let me load it up.
I think it's weird that you can't backup your city on the server.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
It asks you to sync with their server before you exit the game. Unless you just click the close anyway option, you should be fine.

Nm, that error is stupid.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
I did the sync thing even after the 3 errors and find out this morning, 10 hours later, that it's still at the original rollback. And now I can't even load up a new city plot in my region.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, it makes sense to you and I, but the bean counter that sees how much it would cost to buy twice the amount of server space probably calculated that it is worth X% loss to only have a single save.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
having resources like water being finite is kind of annoying
This. I just don't see how you keep a city going after so long. If a city is near a river/coast it should be able to sustain itself on water indefinitely and sell to others in the region that are not on a water source. But since its only water in the water table you run out relatively quickly. No way to buy it off global market either.

My other issue was money. Taxes just do not seem to be enough to sustain a large city. My education budget alone was running 6k/hr that along with other services really cranks up your hourly cost. Most definitely have to build something that brings in extra money(via events) or sell resources(coal, oil, plastics, alloy etc).

Also research in the college takes fucking forever. I was researching the solar power part and since it took so long I literally had to build a coal power plant(and coal is expensive as hell if you are not mining it) and another solar farm(with 6 attached solar panels) to power my city before it was complete(which sucks since once the ground pollution is there, its there). Then when it was complete I couldn't just build overtop of the 6 attached solar fields I had on my solar farm nor could I destroy the attachments without blowing up the whole thing. I would really love to get to the point where there is the solar great works in the region and everyone just uses that for power.

Road construction and giving yourself upgrade room seems to also be a huge part of it. Making sure you have room for all the stuff that comes later.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Motherfucking EA/Origin, get the game from the store, start install, ask to register key, key entered, error installing... start again, ask to register key again, key entered again, fucking key already used! Stupid motherfuckers fucking me hard with no lube, why did I fall for this shit again! Ongoing issue
mad.png

https://help.ea.com/article/temporar...-issues-pc-mac

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I still don't understand EA's war against steam when the product they offer is inferior and terrible in every category.

My friend bought battlefield 3 a while ago and it never showed up in his games list. He spent days getting ahold of EA support and then they told him that it showed up in his purchases but it wasn't there. So you know what they did? Their solution was to send him a boxed copy. Yup, these guys have such bad software that they couldn't just fix the problem. It was cool that they did that, but honestly that solution made them look like retards to both of us.

Buffylol

N00b
I was gonna say hooray I haven't encountered any errors. Then I visited another city, went to load back into mine and was staring at my load screen for 20 minutes. Restarted the game then randomly got hit with a LOLURCITYCANTLOADBRO

rrr_img_16209.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
I still don't understand EA's war against steam when the product they offer is inferior and terrible in every category.
It's pretty easy to understand. Steam takes a cut from every sale, it's not a free service. EA gets all the profit when they sell it themselves.

Anyone who thought that big publishers were going to use Steam forever was crazy. Anyone who can get away with not using it will stop using it.