SimCity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking forward to embarrassing myself with a bunch of other people right from the get go. Maybe the first person to get a 16 player FoH region setup can just post what server they are on here and we can all join up.
Yup - there are only 3 regions w/ 16 cities anyways. From what I've seen, its a simple process to setup (ie name the region and invite 15 others). You do have to be on the same server to play in the same region iirc.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Boooo. CAGROCKS doesn't work anymore
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Let's get some ideas for our first region name and then we'll make an IRC channel named after it, we can use that to figure shit out on Monday night.

I've never played SimCity5 so I won't know wtf to do but I'm down for making my first city in a RR region anyway.

My pragmatic region name idea: March2013_Rerolled.org

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Region: Schreinshautz
City names: Tucoville, Blazinville or some other way of knowing who is who

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Do you know when it goes live? If it's 5pm to midnight EST I'll be around. Or do they have a serverlist somewhere?

I also don't know if the server necessarily matters? You can be on multiple servers right? And whatever horse shit non-city based attributes (ex, achievements or god forbid some kind of leveling system for your mayor character) is cross server?
Must be same server to play in same region. Anyone can play on any server and have cities on multiple servers.

Servers have a global economy? I think? Just read that in that FAQ posted 2 pages ago. No idea how that works.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Count me in as a lurker that's going to join Trannyvania. Expect many a trailer home in Failuretown.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll join up if there is room. I'm thinking I might go heavy on cops and firemen so that Keg's citizens can't get into my neighborhood.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Trannyvania is a terrific name. Just logged in to Amazon to pre-load... looks like those fuckers changed that, as I don't see the option to download before the 5th. Typical.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So uhh, wasn't I supposed to be able to download this shit today? Amazon says I can't start downloading until the 5th.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So uhh, wasn't I supposed to be able to download this shit today? Amazon says I can't start downloading until the 5th.
Looks like Amazon will preload at 3am est on the 5th. Origin is 12am est. Fucking Amazon.....

I want to play this weekend.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
After initially being suckered into pre-ordering with the cagrocks code, I have regained my senses and cancelled it.

Good luck not getting micro transactioned to death.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not that its rocket science or anything, but here is a guide to setting up a region and inviting friends:

http://www.simcityhub.com/gameplay/h...y-region-guide
Hmm, seems like you can either make it public and I assume random people can search for your region and cock it over, or you have to make it private and the only way to join is for the owner to manually invite you. I was hoping I could make a region with some name and people would be able to manually enter the name in and join.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure there will be room. There's no spots filled, just show up to the irc channel (name not picked yet) at release. If I can't download the shit until 3am or at release someone else will have to manage the region creation.