SimCity

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
bah 30 min queues on both West and East servers now. I got a few hours in at least =) Origin name is Hachima_Sasari.

Rime

<Donor>
Please tell me the game is horrible. It is horrible, right? Like it gives you cancer it is so bad?

I love SimCity games... I am nearly rabid over them. But I hate Origin and I feel that 'always online' is the worst thing to happen to gaming since Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC, so I am trying to convince myself that this is bad and I should not feel bad for avoiding it. Badbadbadbad.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Please tell me the game is horrible. It is horrible, right? Like it gives you cancer it is so bad?

I love SimCity games... I am nearly rabid over them. But I hate Origin and I feel that 'always online' is the worst thing to happen to gaming since Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC, so I am trying to convince myself that this is bad and I should not feel bad for avoiding it. Badbadbadbad.
30 minute queue to play a city builder sim is all you really need to know in order to answer your question.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'm still going to pick this up, but damn the reviews suck.

http://community.simtropolis.com/top...y-beta-review/

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ears-for-this/

Anyone have any positive reviews they can link ? Those are pre launch so maybe multi player makes things a lot better ?

I suspect the game will mature really well, via more $$$ to EA of course, so this is just a foundation. Sim City is the one title that I can't resist even if it means installing Origin and signing up in blood to EA.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
That's exactly what you are doing.

The underlying game engine is built the same way Diablo 3 is, you are buying a client to connect to the SimCity servers.

So here's my experience from last night.
First city was going pretty OK until Godzilla stomped on my large firehouse, community college w/addons, and a crime wave hit. I ran out of money and was trying to sort it out when the game told me there was an issue (forget the wording, like the server and my game were in disagreement about something). Told me to leave and come back to fix the problem, since then I haven't been able to load the Rerolled region.

The second city was going well, got to 180k pop before I ran out of water to pump. The other players in the region weren't producing enough for me and I don't think you can buy it on the global market. So city went to shit and I let it go. Not sure what you're suppose to do if you're not using other cities to feed your main with water and you run out after four hours.

Also I must be doing something wrong with Gambling. My first building is always successful and does great. The second one is never profitable though. Even when I build a $250k "high tourist" culture building and set off an event from the Sydney Opera House it didn't seem to help at all.

I'll head off to work, probably sleep when I get home and play more tonight and tomorrow.

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just got the game up. Can anyone get me an invite to the rerolled region? Origin name is Errorplane.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bah, trying to connect to region "rerolled" and its saying there is no data for that region. Going to strike out on my own first I suppose.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The region is Wooden Bumper or something. Faille made it. Agraza is too busy claiming all the lands for his own perverted desires to invite me to the region. And now I'm at work.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I made a private three city region to play around in, turning one city into a bedroom community for the other two. Right now I'm at a point where I need to level a large chunk of city 1 in order to focus on industry and exports there, but I think I need more regional mass transport from the bedroom community before I can really pull that off.

This is much more complex than I thought it would be and I'm making a ton of mistakes. I love it.

Buffylol

N00b
Added tuco/faille

git meh in da region niggras

edit: what the fuck, does anyone else have massive delay issues on NA east? I can't get anything done ;_;

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a region up that is 16max (titan gorge) that Argaza and I are in. If anyone wants an invite add: slapstick2 on Origin.

I have a solid residential / industrial base.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thoughts on this so far? getting shit on in reviews
It's SimCity. I didn't play beta or anything and I jumped into it just like any other SC games fine.

The worst part was the Error 37 deja vu that was going on at launch. I've been playing since 5am EST and having fun with it. The maps aren't as small as I feared either, though they could definitely be bigger.