SimCity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why do I get the feeling your cheap ass would just buy it and then whine the entire time while playing, do your ghetto/criminal haven, rage quit, then come tell us how horrible it is and we were all stupid to pay retail price while your "awesomeness" only payed $30?
why do i get the feeling you're a American Inventor?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I might give them a few days to get everything sorted before trying to really get into again.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After playing this about 8 hours I'll say it's a good game but it isn't the best in the series by far. I think 2000, 3000, and 4 are better games.

What I like:

1. Modular Buildings - Really great addition to the series and adds a lot of options
2. Water/Electricity going through the streets. - Another great addition
3. Region play is pretty fun though dislike it's required basically.
4. City Specializations - I like this though I wish there were more specializations I expect more to come in an expansion pack.
5. Density based off streets instead of zoning. I didn't think I would like this at first but I like it. You really have to plan ahead though especially if you want to put down avenues. I could easily see some disliking this as it is harder to improve your city because you'll need demolish and revamp area's of your city which I have never found fun.

Things I dislike:
1. Cities are too small(obviously) - I'll be a couple hours in to a new City and my City's land will be full already. Very aggravating because that's about the point where everything starts to come together. You have to try and fit in all the cooler buildings somewhere somehow.
2. No Offline mode
3. Water being a finite resource that doesn't seem replenish. It never rains in SimCity? You can't use the river for water? Ughh...
4. Fires...way too many fires. A normal city doesn't have a ton of fires usually. In SimCity there are tons.

Hopefully the city expansion upgrade is sooner rather than later because I feel it really bring this game down a couple pegs when compared to the earlier games. It is really close to being best in the series but they need to address these things. A ton of fires I can live with but the water problem needs to be looked at.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
I'm with Araxen almost entirely. My main gripe is with Origin. This server clusterfuck is not acceptable. Other than that the game itself is highly enjoyable, just needs bigger maps and this water issue needs to be looked at. Even if I am not in a coastal region, there should be at least some way to by a huge amount from neighbors that DO replenish.

I want to be able to spend days getting my city going. As it is, 6 hours and a city is pretty much to capped, not a lot more you can do. The land just isn't there to support any more people. If you have a shittier map with mountains, and/or you plan your specializations better, you can get a map pretty close to finished in like 2-3 hours playing at high speed.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
vV8PLqv.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hated the hi tech factory fires. Since I had no hazmat fire research in the region so couldn't build hazmat fire trucks I had to let the factories burn to the ground each time. And the research takes forever.

One thing I did like is education directly effecting crime/fire saftey and the inclusion of fire/police upgrades that really diversify your fire/crime protection.

Still waiting to see if building a industrial/commericial city with a city nearby with all residents works. Though really have to mix in ferry/train/bus terminals to really get it going.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I take it playing multiplayer will require a CD Key? Id pirate this shit in a second, but not if it means playing alone.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like it works okay as long as you stay in 1 city. When I tried to claim another city and hook it up to my primary city it choked dead.

Also wondering wtf on the water... do you just have to continually rearrange your water pumping stations?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
bah, so if someone places pre-order content in their city and abandons it, if you don't own the pre-order content you are locked from re-claiming it. Why not give the option to at least destroy the content you don't own so you can reclaim it, or the option to start the city new... Which goes for any extra content you can buy then place in your city. This will only get worse if they release a bunch of DLC in the future.

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is a fucking shit show. I've spent more time in the menus attempting to play with friends then I have playing the game. This is my first major problem I've had with a DRM game and now I understand why everyone hates it.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
Should start another Rerolled region tomorrow so my city can suck less also besides criminals it doesnt seem like citizens are commuting between cities.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yep, I cant even play it. All the North American servers were full (queue times to try to join) so loaded up on a Euro server, and can't create a game at all. Just constantly get the "Unable to create your city at this time" error. over and over and over.

Fuck EA, I knew I shouldn't have bought this damn game, but I had like 5 friends playing it so wanted to try it out. Makes me feel better that I'm pirating the new Tomb Raider for PC. No more money for EA from me.

Buffylol

N00b
Connect to a game for the first time in hours. Crash to desktop. Servers full, cannot connect. Watch Faille and Tuco log in and out of "full" server on friends list.

20minutes to CHECK if there is space open. Fuck this American Inventory bullshit. Refund button.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was excited for this game. Was.

Vowed never to play any other game that required Origin after the fuckshit that was BF3.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Also wondering wtf on the water... do you just have to continually rearrange your water pumping stations?
Haha yes, this is so gay. First thing that irked me. Basically your hi-tech water pump digs down about 20 feet and drains the moisture directly below it instead of drilling down to the water table for the whole shebang. It's ridiculously dumb. I hope they change that.

Overall I think the game has potential and I've enjoyed myself quite a bit. We haven't even really gotten to work together because of various issues, so it should be better soon too.

My big concern right now is that as your population grows and traffic increases it's very easy for the service vehicles to get caught up on each other. I've had some horrific shitstorms when my cops, fire, and garbage vehicles held each others dicks in the middle of the street while my city fucked itself over. I've had it happen on 3 lanes and 2 lanes. If this begins to happen, it will probably continue happening to some degree and you have a serious problem. There are some other related run-away problems that occur. I feel that these things are pathfinding bugs. If Maxis can address them then it's going to be a solid game. I'm a little frustrated right now after having the 4th city of mine topple into a death spiral.

The connectivity issues will hopefully pass. It will completely kill the game if they aren't resolved, and neither Maxis nor EA could possibly be ignorant of that.