Single greatest song ever written?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I couldn't remember the greatest song in the world.

This is just a tribute.
I was betting on Hoss Hoss to post this one.

Posting this by the songwriter but Merle and Willy's version is better.

Covers are NOT better than the original on this one

Some covers arguably better

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
1980s i am partial to MY and thriller but this is a very subjective subject. Musically, Beethoven 9th or sonatas modern music, personally, 2112 hotel California close 2nd.

Fun fact ac/dc has sold more albums than any band. If I remember correctly, eagle greatest hits best selling album ever.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's tame by today's standards but Jagged Little Pill was ahead of its time for '95.

i think Mist is just being edgy. all the butch chicks loved them some Alanis back in the day. if she was more metal she probably would have mentioned L7 or Joan Jett.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Super Infatuation Junky was a much better album without her being a whiney cunt for half of it. Wisconsin is full of catholic white girls, so it got a lot of air time in my circles.

This topic has been great and all, but the target is a little too broad. "Best" is such a vague term and people have severely different tastes, as well as what Mist mentioned about each era sounding so different. And most of you guys are generally ignoring songs that have stood the test of decades (centuries in some cases) and are still being performed/heard today. Or are still having an impact on modern music. Great discussion though.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Just WOW. I owe Synj Synj a massive apology. Folks in this thread have way worse taste in music than he does. Jesus Christ.

• 1Worf
  • 1Horowitz
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Super Infatuation Junky was a much better album without her being a whiney cunt for half of it. Wisconsin is full of catholic white girls, so it got a lot of air time in my circles.

This topic has been great and all, but the target is a little too broad. "Best" is such a vague term and people have severely different tastes, as well as what Mist mentioned about each era sounding so different. And most of you guys are generally ignoring songs that have stood the test of decades (centuries in some cases) and are still being performed/heard today. Or are still having an impact on modern music. Great discussion though.
It should probably be called "your favorite song" since obviously none of us have listened to all the songs and there's no objective criteria for "greatness". Probably overthinking for a thread like this though.

Just WOW. I owe Synj Synj a massive apology. Folks in this thread have way worse taste in music than he does. Jesus Christ.
Hey faggot. You can't say that without posting a couple songs yourself for people to shit on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
can we at least decide on when songs stopped being good? i would say 2010 as a general timeline. songs started being good around the 1950s with some exceptions.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
can we at least decide on when songs stopped being good? i would say 2010 as a general timeline. songs started being good around the 1950s with some exceptions.

For me its the mid to late 60s and 70s. It was just the best ever. Sure there are tons of great stuff in the 80s and 90s, but after that I just don't care that much.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no other song can move me
hulk-hogan-guitar.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Air That i Breathe err Creep is indeed an incredible song. though i think Paranoid Android may be their best song ever.
I would say that this is Radiohead's best song ever

As far as best song ever something from Stax has to be thrown in. Otis and Sam & Dave and Booker T. & the MGs blew the lid off of things

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
The obvious answer to what is the best song ever written is Chris Isaak's Wicked Game

• 1Like