Palum

what Suineg set it to
Trial by combat.

I doubt even Tuco can best Draegan's unorthodox fighting style:

oddjob-hat.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Psh, that hat couldn't even cut the first 3 layers of subcutaneous adipose tissue surrounding Tuco's vitals

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm a pretty irrelevant poster by most standards, been around since the noows days and probably have under 1000 total posts on whatever iteration of this community that's been around. As such, far be it for me to be the guy who says where we should go etc, but it seems to me that the community just keeps getting smaller and smaller; some of that contraction is gradual, but I think a lot of it is connected to the random site moves that have happened. We're obviously losing some more now with this move. Even if some of those posters are shit posters and trolls, they're still part of what makes the community a community. So far rerolled doesn't seem to have changed at all but some of us are dead set against using it again. What gives?

The way I see it is...if a person is so ignorant as to not want to move over when the majority of people already have....they probably weren't someone we care about losing anyways.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The underlying platform the new forum uses is definitely superior to the old one. I just sincerely hope enough people make the move, and really wish we could port over some of the threads. The only thing that makes me hesitant and potentially regretful is losing four years of posts, as I personally like to go back years and read perspectives and predictions, particularly in the context of the politics and ME threads.

There is also the matter of technical capabilities. Like, what's a_skeleton_03 running this forum on, and what time/skills/money/infrastructure does he have available to throw at it as the database grows to multi terabyte levels? We jumped ship from Rerolled based on principle-- Draegan pulled a shitty move. But from a practical standpoint the two or so years of shitty forum performance and maintenance is now in all likelihood a thing of the past. I'm fine moving purely on principle, but ultimately I want to make sure that at a minimum a) we have enough transfers to keep the forums thriving b) that the new forums have the capacity to grow and be properly maintained. Just want to make sure that principle isn't going to end up sinking both forums, or get us back in a position two years from now where a_skeleton_03 can't or doesn't want to maintain the forums anymore.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
RIght now all that stuff has been pretty well addressed in the Ask A Mod thread.

a_skeleton_03's got his own good server, a decent pipeline to the world, the resources to get it going, and over 1100 people have already hopped ship.

Thats the vast vast vast majority of regulars + a hearty chunk of the non-robot lurkers.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Pretty sure a_skeleton_03 is a GS employee. He has at a minimum 7hours and 45minutes of downtime every workday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How many of our new users are tyen bots? If it's less than 80% then I consider this a rousing success.
Yeah, is this seriously 1000+ real accounts? If it it's anywhere near that, I'm impressed!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, is this seriously 1000+ real accounts? If it it's anywhere near that, I'm impressed!
I have some IP and email blocking to combat the largest amount of bots.

I won't stupidly say it is 100% but I would bet over 80% might be legit. I will deep inspect it once everything looks good. Might geolocation ban entire regions like China or Russia. Not sure.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
We shall endure.
Migrating across the great wastelands born of social justice.
Fighting the odd usurper along our journeys.
No lures of xbox-begging shall distract us from our mission.
Even faced with the most shocking traps imaginable, we shall persevere.
We are the proud denizens of the internet realm formerly known as ReRolled, and here we shall make our stand!

Hey Bros :D

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Half Tyen bots, half Screamfeeder alts. Raging success.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Now that you mention it, does xenforo block the quoted posts of ppl on your ignore list?

Lets check it out. Someone who has khorum blocked let us know if you can read what I quoted.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I wake the beast from it's slumber, as my father instructed me,

I hold the chains of memory and legend, that keep the tale bound but free,

Long is the telling of such a monster, greater in verse than one mind can hold,

But maybe some of you can help me, and together tame the story untold.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users