Skyforge anyone following this?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Your progress in the game is heavily based on grinding and at the same time capped by an arbitrary limiter you can pay to have it removed. So you either put your balls into a grinder for 3 weeks to get anywhere, or you drop potentially hundreds of dollars over the course of your playing to unlock something that you will get bored with in minutes because you've done nothing to "earn" it.

It reminds my of Warframe in that regard but that game atleast won't limit your grinding if you're willing to put in the effort.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your progress in the game is heavily based on grinding and at the same time capped by an arbitrary limiter you can pay to have it removed.
That's not true.

The weekly currency caps cannot be removed. If you are a premium players, aka subscriber, you get a bonus to the amount of currencies that drop (+50%). It works the same way as other F2P games reward subscribers, like ESO Plus program. A couple of other things about the caps; (a) if you do not meet your cap for the week, it rolls into the next week and (b) the caps increase week to week.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I don't like the combat it this game. It feels disconnected and floaty. Graphically they seem to be doing ok, and the freedom to change classes is nice. I just don't want to play it.

Naj_sl

shitlord
The game takes a lot of control away from the player with its auto lock on mechanic in comparison to other online action games like PSO or Dark Souls. It instantly killed my desire to play the game further when I noticed it in that forced tutorial thing.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont understand why these 'action combat' games want to basically make you play tab target. If your going to give me free flowing combat like that, let me aim my own shit.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
well to be fair u can disable the autolock and just aim stuff if u so desire. The problem is that channeled skill will interrupt as soon as your aim goes off the target, which is a great pita (so you cant charge then aim, if you loose the aim in mid charge u loose all).

I really like certain aspect of the game, especially the way they handle character progression, class systems and the follower things with the temples, chapels and the added bonus. Combat could be better by a good margin, sometime it feel unresponsive and buggy (for example, i opened the archer class, and 90% the dodge bugs out and the character stand still).

thing i dislike is the lack of information given by the ui. You get buffs and debuffs but there are no way to find out what they do (at least i havent managed to find a way). It extremely frustrating on certain bosses, cause they buff themself up, sometime they dont even have an icon, and there is no way to know how to deal with it properly, except going at random tries.

For example i found a boss in a dungeon at 6.9k prestige, lord commander something.... it buff himself with a shield... and then at some point it becomes immune for no reason, no matter if u manage to destroy the shield or you dont do any dmg on it for its duration... maybe yo need to destroy the shield in a certain amount of time (or maybe is bugged), but there are no way to know this cause nothing it shown by the ui.

All in all, game could be lot better especcially combat and ui, but still, i kinda enjoy it atm somewhat.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
The game is pretty fun, but I agree the combat is a bit floaty. I do like the how combos work, but the semi-tab targeting is annoying. I like the sphere grid advancement system also.

I'm starting to feel that these hybrid tab target combat systems with zero animation lock are inherently floaty and disconnected. GW2 and ESO have the same issue with the combat. Games like TERA and Vindictus with hitbox+collision based systems still feel vastly superior.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game is pretty fun, but I agree the combat is a bit floaty. I do like the how combos work, but the semi-tab targeting is annoying. I like the sphere grid advancement system also.

I'm starting to feel that these hybrid tab target combat systems with zero animation lock are inherently floaty and disconnected. GW2 and ESO have the same issue with the combat. Games like TERA and Vindictus with hitbox+collision based systems still feel vastly superior.
best combat system ive seen so far, is blade and soul definitely, with tera a close second due to animation lock. Tera advantage in combat is lack of white dmg, while sadly bns have it, so no matter how good u are, you always recieve a degree of dmg. If bns had not white dmg, it would definitely be the perfect combat system (for me at least ).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
best combat system ive seen so far, is blade and soul definitely, with tera a close second due to animation lock. Tera advantage in combat is lack of white dmg, while sadly bns have it, so no matter how good u are, you always recieve a degree of dmg. If bns had not white dmg, it would definitely be the perfect combat system (for me at least ).
Absolutely. I hate unavoidable mob white damage, I think Tera is the only game where you can avoid all dmg from a mob(s) even as melee simply by moving out of the way. Imagine a game with B&S combat fluidity, Tera's dmg avoidance, TSW's Story/cutscene quality+skill wheel, and GW2's gameworld. Nirvana.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
"Imagine a game with B&S combat fluidity, Tera's dmg avoidance, TSW's Story/cutscene quality+skill wheel, and GW2's gameworld. Nirvana."

...and Landmark's building.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Absolutely. I hate unavoidable mob white damage, I think Tera is the only game where you can avoid all dmg from a mob(s) even as melee simply by moving out of the way. Imagine a game with B&S combat fluidity, Tera's dmg avoidance, TSW's Story/cutscene quality+skill wheel, and GW2's gameworld. Nirvana.
Throw in FFXIVs music and art direction and you've got a deal.

MMO design ala cart, I like it!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats how mmos have been designed for a decade and they are all shit. Ill pass on the a la carte model.

The funniest part about the soft target locking is pvp. Go into a FFA match and youll just see people spamming skills with no attention at all to who they hit. Speaking of PvP, executes in PvP are retarded. What a terrible system.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game is ok. Unlocked the Archer class the other day, and its a lot better than the others I've played, has more impact to its attacks. The Squad instances are the most fun at the moment, as long as you do the 3man versions...queues are quick since those do no need a tank/healer...just 3 people. The game has -far- too many stats to keep track of, so you'll spend a lot of time trying to get gear with the correct stat combo that you want. Most annoying issue in combat has to be how you will target another player if they pass in front of you, especially if you just tried to lock onto the mob. Ran into a funny bonus objective in a 5man instance last night called Deadly Magnetism. During combat one party member would get a Mark on them (big target reticle over their head), which would make them vulnerable to friendly fire...lots of angst from ppl getting killed by AoE's, lol.

Lohk_sl

shitlord
Totally feel you on the amount of stats. Seriously,lookat this shit. I feel that the game is needlessly complicated for what it's trying to accomplish.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
ya quite absurd on the dmg type .. they got a stat to increase pulse dmg, min dmg max dmg crit dmg, chance to do max dmg regardless of armor and so on... they could have wrapped all that stuff into crit dmg and be done with it. It gets all diluted, many skill and talents and passive are good, too many stats not so much... at least for me thats it.

Lohk_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure how it is in the late game but trying to piece together the right stats on Rings is fucking awful. Since there are so many stats finding the right combination is nigh impossible. I've given up and just equipped stuff that is higher in Prestige.